Author Topic: Stubhub sues Warriors - could change secondary ticket market  (Read 802 times)

Stubhub sues Warriors - could change secondary ticket market
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:15:51 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Stubhub sues Warriors - could change secondary ticket market
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm watching this one closely.  As a STH, my biggest complaint is that when I post the tickets for sale on the resale site, they add a 21.5% fee.  That's only on resale tickets, of course.  If you buy directly from the Celtics, there is only a $5 fee, which doesn't even show up until the end of the transaction.  I don't begrudge the Celtics a profit, but man, 21.5% is a tough nut to swallow.

Here's where it gets interesting, though: I was told that I could sell tickets on third party channels, but that I would be responsible if the person who bought my tickets got into trouble, was thrown out, etc.  It could put my tickets at risk.  If I sell on the official resale site, however, I had no such responsibility.  My rep was very, shall we say, "encouraging" to sell on the official site.

Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
"As a result, millions of Americans will be held captive to a monopoly secondary ticketing exchange."

As opposed to the current system... where... uh...stuff.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

This is amazing considering that ace, stubhub, and ticketmaster have essentially been living off of arrangements like this for the last 10 years. Stubhub has exclusive resale rights with something like 200 MLB, NHL, and NCAA programs.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
"As a result, millions of Americans will be held captive to a monopoly secondary ticketing exchange."

As opposed to the current system... where... uh...stuff.

I first read this thread title backwards (Warriors suing Stubhub for monopoly) and thought, "FINALLY!"