Author Topic: Report button: Where's it hiding?  (Read 3000 times)

Report button: Where's it hiding?
« on: March 30, 2015, 05:26:58 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Can anyone tell me? I can't seem to find it. With all of the recent spam/bot posts, it'd be nice to be able to rid the forums of all that crap. Now, I usually post from my Android and I just can't see the dang button anywhere. What's up with that?

Re: Report button: Where's it hiding?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:00:51 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Its next to the logged button when you hover over text it says report to moderator, I've already reported it to admin hopefully the culprit gets banned

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:08 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Cool, thanks, TP.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:39:14 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
From an admin perspective on another website, I personally don't like the report button to be used to report spam unless a good span of time passes, or the post has masked itself very well. Spam posts, in particularly threads that get started as spam, are usually very easy to spot by mods without getting tons of reported posts on them.

Not sure what the preference on this website is, but just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
From an admin perspective on another website, I personally don't like the report button to be used to report spam unless a good span of time passes, or the post has masked itself very well. Spam posts, in particularly threads that get started as spam, are usually very easy to spot by mods without getting tons of reported posts on them.

Not sure what the preference on this website is, but just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

Report them.  With the amount of traffic we get, things sometimes get missed.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:08 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Good to know :)

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Good to know :)

A caveat to that:  when we get a mass spammer, like yesterday, it's better if you don't report every post.  One per spammer is fine, and then we'll delete their posts accordingly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes