Author Topic: Anyone have a guess on Marcus smarts ceiling in his prime?  (Read 1126 times)

Anyone have a guess on Marcus smarts ceiling in his prime?
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:20:11 AM »

Offline lewis35

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
I proposed Andre miller in his is best years in another post and got mixed reviews. I'm wondering who everyone thinks he may compare to down the road.

Re: Anyone have a guess on Marcus smarts ceiling in his prime?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:39:39 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Probably because you're forgetting how good Andre Miller was.

Doc compared him to Doc, and I think I agree superficially -- Smart is going to be a guy that earns his paycheck on the defensive end of the ball, not a guy that'll be a major scoring threat.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:42:08 AM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
If his offensive game ever develops then maybe Billups or Mark Jackson. Otherwise I'd say maybe Derek Fisher, or maybe Eric Snow.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:51:17 AM »

Offline lewis35

• Xavier Tillman
I would be happy with billups, Jackson or miller

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:55:52 AM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
I think a bigger stronger Eric Bledsoe who is a perennial All-NBA defender

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:11:18 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Dennis Johnson.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 02:26:03 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
I wonder if we'll have a thread on this after every game.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 02:38:33 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've heard some people say smaller Bruce Bowen.

Is there any history of completely offensively inept guards like him turning into stars?  He's pretty horrible on the offensive end.   On defense, he's great.  Might be a long-term defensive role player.  Tony Allen with less scoring?

Dude is shooting 35% since the all-star break.  32% from three.  65% from the line.  Not that encouraging. 

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 03:22:36 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I've heard some people say smaller Bruce Bowen.

Is there any history of completely offensively inept guards like him turning into stars?  He's pretty horrible on the offensive end.   On defense, he's great.  Might be a long-term defensive role player.  Tony Allen with less scoring?

Dude is shooting 35% since the all-star break.  32% from three.  65% from the line.  Not that encouraging.

It's not that bad, when you consider he's the fifth option on offense, has no plays run for him , and serves no purpose in Stevens offense except to shoot open threes. Shouldn't hold much stock in anything but the 3pt %. The only game I've seen them really try to get him some good driving lanes was the OKC game and he played well. Plus, he shot 28% last year from the shorter college three. A jump to 32 with all the 3s he's taken in the pros is a very good signal for his shot development. He's too strong, he'll be able to drive to the rack regularly in the next few years .

He's only played so many minutes cause he's just that good defensively and he's made open shots. That said though, I think a better defending Tony Allen with more offense is pretty realistic.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 03:45:02 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
 BDeCosta26
It's not that bad, when you consider he's the fifth option on offense, has no plays run for him , and serves no purpose in Stevens offense except to shoot open threes. Shouldn't hold much stock in anything but the 3pt %. The only game I've seen them really try to get him some good driving lanes was the OKC game and he played well. Plus, he shot 28% last year from the shorter college three. A jump to 32 with all the 3s he's taken in the pros is a very good signal for his shot development. He's too strong, he'll be able to drive to the rack regularly in the next few years .

He's only played so many minutes cause he's just that good defensively and he's made open shots. That said though, I think a better defending Tony Allen with more offense is pretty realistic.

Excellent evaluation.