Author Topic: 2015 darkhorse prospects: Hayes, Dunn, Pope  (Read 2803 times)

2015 darkhorse prospects: Hayes, Dunn, Pope
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Nigel Hayes SF (6'8 with 7'3 wingspan, 250 pounds). Beast sf that could stay another season (with Dekker, Kaminsky gone) , get more playing time, develop game further and be a top 10 pick for the 2016 draft.  If he declares for 2015, Celtics would probably have to reach for him at 15 bc another team will reach for him not too long after.  Depending on the combine results , workouts I wouldn't be really surprised if he gets chosen a little earlier than 15 also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McUyKxShOuc

Kris Dunn PG/SG (6'3 with 6'8 wingspan, 205 pounds). Some are already comparing him to a Russell Westbrook. Not as explosive but size, end to end capability, acrobatic finishes around the rim, dribble pull up 2's and motor.  Dunn is already a much better passer than Westbrook.  Has been hampered by a shoulder injury 2 seasons before this one and unfortunately like Westbrook can be turnover prone (10 vs Kentucky earlier this season). 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5yrEFJ8ds

Malik Pope SF (6'10 with 7'1-7'2 wingspan , 210 pounds).  Has ways to go but a few games this season you would think he is the  next coming of Kevin Durant.  Effortless shooting stroke all the way out to the 3 pt line.  Above average ball handler that can get past his man for emphatic dunks or layups.  Explosive but also is thin and inexperienced.  Ideally better for him to stay back another season to put it all together and be a sure top 20 pick for next season.  Could become impatient and declare for the 2015 draft.  Combine and Individual workouts could propel him into the 1st round. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLlOG53008

Re: 2015 darkhorse prospects: Hayes, Dunn, Pope
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anybody know more about these prospects? Would Hayes or Dunn be a big reach at 14-15?

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Anybody know more about these prospects? Would Hayes or Dunn be a big reach at 14-15?
I believe Dunn is currently projected to go in the 14-20 range and Hayes is projected to go anywhere in the 20s.

I expect Pope to go back to school. I think it is the best choice for him financially and otherwise. That being said, if he comes out he could go anywhere because he has such immense talent, but is so raw. You are talking about a guy who has top 5 pick talent (6'10", quickness, handle, 3pt stroke) but his college production and current abilities ate that of an undrafted player.

Edit:
Draft Express has Dunn at 14, Hayes at 26, and Pope at 46 in the big board
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I believe Dunn is currently projected to go in the 14-20 range and Hayes is projected to go anywhere in the 20s.

I expect Pope to go back to school. I think it is the best choice for him financially and otherwise. That being said, if he comes out he could go anywhere because he has such immense talent, but is so raw. You are talking about a guy who has top 5 pick talent (6'10", quickness, handle, 3pt stroke) but his college production and current abilities ate that of an undrafted player.

Edit:

Imagine we actually draft all three.   

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:26 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Edit:

Ford has....

Pope 15
Dunn 21
Hayes 27

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 10:32:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Edit:

Imagine we actually draft all three.   
then I'd be really disappointed.

I'm a PC fan (native rhode islander) and wish Dunn the best but I see him as too inconsistent to be picked that high. 

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Edit:

Ford has....

Pope 15
Dunn 21
Hayes 27

Pope that high eh?

His stats def scream 2nd round to undrafted. But his skills is top 5 level.   

Maybe he pulls a Lavine and wows the gms at the combine, individual workouts

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 09:20:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Hayes kind of reminds me of Noah Vonleh
http://youtu.be/0AZ9nTit_3Y

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Not sure if that's a good thing or not...

Yeah. Their bodies look identical. Also their face from a distance

Hayes looks to have a better feel for game/IQ . Both look like tweeners. Not overly quick or explosive