Author Topic: Celtics and League Pass  (Read 1036 times)

Celtics and League Pass
« on: March 29, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »

Offline BC22277

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I am a league pass subscriber through dish network, just so i can watch the celtics. The issue i have or  really the question i have is: Why do i rarely ever get to see Mike and Tommy as the announcers? Almost every game has been the opponents announcers this year. Any ideas?

Re: Celtics and League Pass
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 06:24:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I am a league pass subscriber through dish network, just so i can watch the celtics. The issue i have or  really the question i have is: Why do i rarely ever get to see Mike and Tommy as the announcers? Almost every game has been the opponents announcers this year. Any ideas?

Really? I have the opposite here in Pittsburgh. I've had Mike and Tommy for every single home game, and probably half of the away games I've had the opportunity to watch the C's feed. If there are a ton of games that night, then they usually don't have a channel for the away feed, which might explain some of your problems.

EDIT: Also, did you get it with broadband and mobile, too? Because broadband offers both home and away feeds for every game, though I much prefer watching it on the tv. But you could always run an hdmi connection from your laptop to the tv.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 06:53:07 PM »

Offline BC22277

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm on the West coast, so wasn't sure if that played into or not. I've been a subscriber for a number of years, but this year the programming seems to be different for me.

I did just move to an area where broadband is now an option, so perhaps i'll try that route in the future.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'm on the West coast, so wasn't sure if that played into or not. I've been a subscriber for a number of years, but this year the programming seems to be different for me.

I did just move to an area where broadband is now an option, so perhaps i'll try that route in the future.

Even with 50mbps internet, I still have trouble with broadband buffering sometimes. Just a forewarning.

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline Birdsmoke

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I usually have the option of viewing either the home or the away broadcast. But on national games, that choice isn't available.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92

I have NBA League Pass through DirecTV and have a similar problem.  I get my choice of home or away announcers for every League Pass game shown except when we play the Clippers or Lakers.  because I live in Los Angeles, I am forced to watch those games on their home networks, which are PT (Prime Ticket) or TWSN (Time Warner Sports Network, this is not fair considering I subscribe to League Pass and also pay for my Regional Sports Channels. nationally televised games are hit and miss as to what announcers you will see.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Probably not the greatest solution, but something you might not be aware of... I think if you're a league pass subscriber through Dish or Comcast, you also get access to League Pass Broadband.   That means you could watch games through the NBA Gametime app on your ios/android device.   I use the NBA Gametime App on my Roku and stream the games on my television.  I think a couple gaming consoles have the app as well (Ps3 and ps4?).  Cool thing about that is that they seem to always give you an option of streaming the home or away broadcast.   Also cool is that the games seem to be pretty close to HD.  That was my main annoyance when I would watch games through Comcast... they didn't broadcast all the games in HD. 

There are some drawbacks of watching through the Roku, but for the most part I love it.