Author Topic: UK stays together - How likely  (Read 5296 times)

UK stays together - How likely
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I have not heard anyone bring up the possibility of these guys all staying in school if they finish undefeated. They could very well challenge for UCLA's all time record. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, in this era, i think it would be amazing to see these guys stick together to try and and achieve something great.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

Re: UK stays together - How likely
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 02:01:17 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
WCS and Towns are out for sure, because there's no way there stock for the NBA gets any higher than it is right now.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Depends on who you ask. Scotland isn't so stoked on the idea.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I have not heard anyone bring up the possibility of these guys all staying in school if they finish undefeated. They could very well challenge for UCLA's all time record. What do you guys think?

In my opinion, in this era, i think it would be amazing to see these guys stick together to try and and achieve something great.

No chance - WCS, Towns and Booker are already gone. Decent chance Johnson goes and I bet the twins are 50/50. Don't get me wrong. Kentucky is real good but the SEC is such a joke. If they played in the ACC no way they run the table. I actually think the team with Anthony Davis, MKG, Jones and Lamb was better.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:31:32 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

This is awesome ;D :)

This was last year, right? Seemed to be big news, with a vote and everything.

But yeah it would be special if the UK Men's basketball team stayed together.

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
It would be great for us because we have great picks in next years draft. Also the East will be much better next year.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 04:47:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

This is awesome ;D :)

This was last year, right? Seemed to be big news, with a vote and everything.

But yeah it would be special if the UK Men's basketball team stayed together.

Yes. They voted no, ultimately, and stuck together with everyone else.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 06:18:44 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
There will be probably be a new referendum in Scotland in a decade or two. And I expect the same for Northern Ireland. So, in the long run the likelihood is IMO 50/50%. This answers the original question, right?  ;D

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No chance, money wins with guys who are going to go high.  They probably have better recruits in the wings and some of them would be told to leave anyways.

Look at this list:

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2015-recruiting-class-player-profiles/

Right now they have locked down the number 3, and 18 players in the county for next year and will add more as a lot of them are uncommitted.   Cal will tell some guys to leave to make room.    He reloads and makes another run.   That is how Gonzaga got Kyle Wiltjer, he transferred out of UK.

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 09:30:33 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
No chance, money wins with guys who are going to go high.  They probably have better recruits in the wings and some of them would be told to leave anyways.

Look at this list:

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2015-recruiting-class-player-profiles/

Right now they have locked down the number 3, and 18 players in the county for next year and will add more as a lot of them are uncommitted.   Cal will tell some guys to leave to make room.    He reloads and makes another run.   That is how Gonzaga got Kyle Wiltjer, he transferred out of UK.

Yup - Has anyone ever recruited as good as Cal does?  Seriously?  The guy is incredible, kind of like Pete Carroll at USC, when the Trojan were at the height of their dominance.  I have to believe that at the very least that Lyles, WCS, Towns and Booker are all gone.  If I was a betting man, I would say Johnson goes and the Twins stay.  So Kentucky will lose 5 key guys off this roster but they will  lander 3 or 4 top recruits and Kentucky will be a top 5 team again.  Not sure if they will be the preseason number 1.  If UNC returns everyone and gets Jaylen Brown, I would say UNC will be the number 1 next season....

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:37:26 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Anyone that is first round pick should declare for the draft until the colleges pay the players and allow them to get endorsements. But it's up to each player to decide. Like how Smart and WCS stayed. It's there decision in the end.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 11:53:42 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Cauley-Stein and Towns leave for sure. Booker and Lyles are strong possibilities. Not sure on the Harrisons.

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 11:56:31 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Cauley-Stein and Towns leave for sure. Booker and Lyles are strong possibilities. Not sure on the Harrisons.

I think Towns, WCS, Booker, and Lyles will all come out. But it wouldn't shock me if WCS stayed again.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Talk about having the clutch gene, lol. ;D Can we at least get one of them? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWq19i--HIw