Author Topic: Hearing Flutes in nature freaked me out  (Read 5511 times)

Re: Hearing Flutes in nature freaked me out
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 09:38:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
About 5 years ago I lived on a xmas tree farm. One day I decided to walk down to a wooden bridge that went over a creek in my back yard . I had my guitar with me and was playing sitting on the bridge over the water  . I had put down my guitar to take a break , and a few minutes later I heard the sound of a flute playing behind me as if someone were walking down the creek towards me .

It must have been playing for 15-20 seconds , so I decided to get up and go check out what it was (it was definitely a flute being played ) . I couldn't see anything and at that point started to get really freaked out .

I have never heard anything like this before or since , but has always stuck in my mind . I'm not schizophrenic or hear voices or anything . Never had a ghost experience , but this has baffled me for 5 years now .

Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on this ?

Holy crap, this is so similar to something that happened to me once.  5 years ago I was going to buy xmas trees at a farm and brought my flute with me.  When I got there I went to the creek and heard someone playing the guitar, when they stopped I started playing my flute for 20 seconds to get their attention.  After playing I went to find them and couldn't find them anywhere....

This might be my favorite post from the month of March.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Hallucinogenic flashbacks ...or....

Other types of auditory hallucination include exploding head syndrome and musical ear syndrome. In the latter, people will hear music playing in their mind, usually songs they are familiar with. Reports have also mentioned that it is also possible to get musical hallucinations from listening to music for long periods of time.[5] This can be caused by: lesions on the brain stem (often resulting from a stroke); also, sleep disorders such as narcolepsy, tumors, encephalitis, or abscesses.[6] Other reasons include hearing loss and epileptic activity.[7]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_hallucination

Take your pick! ;D

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
A peacock sounds exactly like a woman screaming for dear life. It's absolutely horrifying.