Author Topic: Hearing Flutes in nature freaked me out  (Read 5466 times)

Hearing Flutes in nature freaked me out
« on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
About 5 years ago I lived on a xmas tree farm. One day I decided to walk down to a wooden bridge that went over a creek in my back yard . I had my guitar with me and was playing sitting on the bridge over the water  . I had put down my guitar to take a break , and a few minutes later I heard the sound of a flute playing behind me as if someone were walking down the creek towards me .

It must have been playing for 15-20 seconds , so I decided to get up and go check out what it was (it was definitely a flute being played ) . I couldn't see anything and at that point started to get really freaked out .

I have never heard anything like this before or since , but has always stuck in my mind . I'm not schizophrenic or hear voices or anything . Never had a ghost experience , but this has baffled me for 5 years now .

Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on this ?

Re: Hearing Flutes in nature freaked me out
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Yes I have had a similar experience but not with flutes in nature. I highly doubt it's schizophrenia. It's possible to have a brief schitzo episode, but it didn't make you lose functionality, and certainly not for a long time.

Nature can make weird sounds. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you had somebody with you double check with them, but if you didn't you'll never know. Just a crazy thing that happened.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Yes I have had a similar experience but not with flutes in nature. I highly doubt it's schizophrenia. It's possible to have a brief schitzo episode, but it didn't make you lose functionality, and certainly not for a long time.

Nature can make weird sounds. I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you had somebody with you double check with them, but if you didn't you'll never know. Just a crazy thing that happened.

thanks for the input . I was by myself at the time.

What was your experience ?

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 01:26:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

thanks for the input . I was by myself at the time.

What was your experience ?
I heard someone recently deceased call out to me twice from the beyond. Unmistakable. You better believe I looked all around. The person didn't call out to me using my name. She called me the nickname she always called me. Would have been weird enough, but when I talked to my coworkers about it ( a person we all had in common. Not overly important in our lives. Nothing dramatic.) they said yesterday the exact same thing happened to them at the same time together. Would never have put much stock in it had it not happened to several of us.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:39:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
I've never heard anyone talk about flutes in nature, but I've heard many people talk about hearing trumpets and other brass instruments coming from the sky. Everything from natural phenomenons to Biblical explanations have been given, but the fact that many people have heard the same type of sound throughout the world seems to mean something is happening.

The weirdest thing I've ever experienced is walking back to my truck from bow hunting one evening and heard a woman scream at the top of her lungs not even 100 yards away from me. I was out in the middle of the boonies with the closest house being more than two miles away, too.  In hindsight, I figure this was a lone mountain lion in our area, but it sure as hell scared the crap out of me at the time. lol

I've also had some strange UFO/military drone types of experiences, but I won't get into that for fear of being labeled a nutjob.  :P

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:51:40 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Perhaps it was a ghost. Perhaps it was an extradimensional elf. Perhaps, unbeknownst to you, there happened to be someone lounging or housed nearby who heard or saw your guitar and was genuinely inspired and decided to break their flute out, too, for an impromptu jam but then fled from sight out of stage fright. Perhaps a clique of band geeks was getting surreptitiously baked and decided to troll you. If it did happen to be the latter, man, lol, did they get you good.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:57:25 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Or perhaps it was a hallucination. Those aren't as uncommon or necessarily pathological as you might think.

http://nymag.com/news/features/oliver-sacks-2012-11/

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:11:19 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Or maybe it was a bird?

http://youtu.be/jdDLAQO7t0E

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 03:36:36 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Could possibly be any of those things except neighbors. There were only xmas trees around there.  It seemed very musical, like playing a complex melody .

I'm really hoping it was a extradimensional elf , I'm gonna bag that little **** and go on tour with him . ;D

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
You might want to take a bird on tour instead, lol. Provided you feed your audiences hallucinogens that slow down their perception of time.

http://youtu.be/WvisH_Ix2hc

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:42 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
About 5 years ago I lived on a xmas tree farm. One day I decided to walk down to a wooden bridge that went over a creek in my back yard . I had my guitar with me and was playing sitting on the bridge over the water  . I had put down my guitar to take a break , and a few minutes later I heard the sound of a flute playing behind me as if someone were walking down the creek towards me .

It must have been playing for 15-20 seconds , so I decided to get up and go check out what it was (it was definitely a flute being played ) . I couldn't see anything and at that point started to get really freaked out .

I have never heard anything like this before or since , but has always stuck in my mind . I'm not schizophrenic or hear voices or anything . Never had a ghost experience , but this has baffled me for 5 years now .

Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on this ?

Holy crap, this is so similar to something that happened to me once.  5 years ago I was going to buy xmas trees at a farm and brought my flute with me.  When I got there I went to the creek and heard someone playing the guitar, when they stopped I started playing my flute for 20 seconds to get their attention.  After playing I went to find them and couldn't find them anywhere....
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Could it have been Zamfir hiding being a rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISe0fdoaPs
Yup

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Could it have been Zamfir hiding being a rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ISe0fdoaPs

Is that Flip Saunders?! lol

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Just say NO

To drugs  ;)

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You have begun your journey Grasshopper, now take the pebbles from my hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE6SEdnVUh4