Author Topic: Everyone talking about Middleton, but I want John Henson!!!  (Read 3371 times)

Everyone talking about Middleton, but I want John Henson!!!
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:38 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Let me first say that I am an ABC fan (anybody but Carolina), as I am an N.C. State fan.  My oldest graduated from State and my second girl graduated from UNC.  My UNC grad used to see John come into the little restaurant she worked at all the time and said that he was always very polite and respectful and not arrogant, as were other UNC players at the time.

Middleton to me is in the middle or slightly above average.  John Henson is an ELITE shot blocker which is what we need the most, as we are tied for LAST PLACE in team blocks right now!!!  I think John can be had for MUCH CHEAPER than Middleton and he fills a NEED that we have.  We simply do NOT need another SG!!

I am also a Dallas Cowboys fan.  I know that the signing of Greg Hardy is and was controversial, but he clearly filled a void on our team.  We were 28th in the NFL in sacks.  Greg addresses that MORE CLEARLY than any other free agent that was available bar none. 

I think that we not only get one of the best shot blockers in Henson, but we ALSO get a HIGH CHARACTER MAN!!!  Hey, he just inherited $200 from Dean Smith, so we can now get him cheaper:-)))  (What a class act by Dean!!!)

Thoughts??

Smitty77

P.S.  What kind of offer would it take to get Henson in green???  And I am stupid.  I thought John was a free agent, but he is not yet.  He will be in one or two years.  What would we have to trade to get him????

Re: Everyone talking about Middleton, but I want John Henson!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:22:22 AM »

Offline anewframe

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'd love to get John Henson too! It seems like he has been in and out of the rotation with the Bucks, Maybe that would consider parting with him? Not sure what it might take.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 06:48:17 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I hate to be a downer, but for some reason Henson has generally been considered a disappointment for the Bucks, if you go over to the Bucks forums on realgm (something I've been doing watching Khris Middleton and fan reaction) they'll generally say he's been very average.
He's looked okay to me, just doesn't stand out as an overall elite defensive presence. I think most bucks fans were hoping he'd be the Larry Sanders replacement to play with Giannis and jabari. He's still got time though.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 07:40:02 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Henson is under contract through 2015/16 season.

"On October 16, 2014, the Bucks exercised their fourth-year team option on Henson's rookie scale contract, extending the contract through the 2015–16 season."

Probably cost at least one first rounder, if not more.  I'd rather put that effort towards Noel.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'd rather put that effort towards Noel.
  I think Noel is one of the guys who might want to play in Boston as he is from here.

"I feel very confident at this point of the season," he added. "I think I'm progressing well and want to continue to. And I'm looking forward to playing back home."

http://articles.philly.com/2015-03-17/sports/60179452_1_nerlens-noel-td-garden-friends-and-family

He still considers Boston home.  That might help us when he becomes a free agent.   I doubt the Sixers give up on him as he has shown vast improvement of late.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:51:12 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At the trade deadline, rumors were that teams were trying to lowball the Bucks with second rounders, whereas the Bucks only wanted to move Henson for a decent PG.  Since then, the Bucks have said that they have no interest in moving Henson, and that he's part of their core.  That very well could be posturing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 02:09:25 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
At the trade deadline, rumors were that teams were trying to lowball the Bucks with second rounders, whereas the Bucks only wanted to move Henson for a decent PG.  Since then, the Bucks have said that they have no interest in moving Henson, and that he's part of their core.  That very well could be posturing.

It definitely indeed could be posturing. But now that the Bucks got a decent PG who does, and probably will fit their system better, (great defensive passing point guard,) isn't it gonna be crazy how high their defense could be in the future? MCW, Giannis, and Henson all have long wingspans.

Roy do you think Ainge even dropped or made an attempt to offer for Henson?

"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:58:10 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

It definitely indeed could be posturing. But now that the Bucks got a decent PG who does, and probably will fit their system better, (great defensive passing point guard,) isn't it gonna be crazy how high their defense could be in the future? MCW, Giannis, and Henson all have long wingspans.

Per his quote today, Nerlens Noel apparently doesn't think MCW is much of a PG.  Noel has looked a lot better offensively since the MCW trade and the Bucks have gone into a free fall.     
https://twitter.com/tmoore76ers/status/582728181074935809

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 07:29:44 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't want Middleton as a shooting guard but as a small forward. As for Henson, I think that I would like to see if Philly would like to move Embiid or Noel first. I'd be more interested in spending serious assets on one of those two guys because of their much higher ceiling.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Per his quote today, Nerlens Noel apparently doesn't think MCW is much of a PG.  Noel has looked a lot better offensively since the MCW trade and the Bucks have gone into a free fall.     

Not many people in the NBA think MCW is much of a PG.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
John Henson said one of the things he's focusing on this summer is his diet. Although he did put on some weight last offseason, he burned a lot of it during the season and couldn't gain much of it back.

I remember Amir Johnson had similar problems for many years. He would bulk up in the offseason and he would lose all the bulk by Christmas. Took him until his 7th/8th (24/25yo) to be able to add enough muscle to stop being pushed around by starting caliber bigs (PFs).

Amir Johnson went from being an Ed Davis caliber defender (good bench defender, average middle of pack starting defender) to being one of the top defensive PFs in the league once he was able to hold onto enough weight to battle down in the paint. Henson is about the same age now as Amir was then when things began to change for him but much less time in the league.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Not many people in the NBA think MCW is much of a PG.
true, his fanbase seems to be several posters here that think him winning a highly-debatable ROY award automatically means he's really talented as opposed to thinking it calls the quality of the the players in that draft into question.

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I hate to be a downer, but for some reason Henson has generally been considered a disappointment for the Bucks, if you go over to the Bucks forums on realgm (something I've been doing watching Khris Middleton and fan reaction) they'll generally say he's been very average.
He's looked okay to me, just doesn't stand out as an overall elite defensive presence. I think most bucks fans were hoping he'd be the Larry Sanders replacement to play with Giannis and jabari. He's still got time though.

That's good news.  John Henson represents the type of player that I think the Celtics should be looking for.

I'm not necessarily talking about style of play (although Henson has skills that could definitely fill a need for us).  I'm more talking about trying to get young guys who may have some flaws and aren't among the most sought after players out there, but still have a lot of potential to improve.

I think Henson fits that bill. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 09:21:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
As productive as he is, I think Henson would have earned more rotation minutes for that Bucks team if he were any good.  I just have a feeling we're past "Maybe he could blow up if given a larger role" status with Henson.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 05:13:48 PM »

Offline JCeltic777

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
If ainge strikes out on all the big free agents this summer.Id rather take a flier on Sanders and his contract, than henson. Sanders has done it in the league for a whole season before. He should have won DPOY a couple of years ago. The rondo trade exception alone would be enough to get him i think.