Author Topic: I like a girl, but not sure how to become more than friends?  (Read 12257 times)

Re: I like a girl, but not sure how to become more than friends?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 01:07:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Take her out for a walk somewhere nice like the beach or a public park.

Then start talking to her and be honest, sincere and let your words come from the heart.

Review in this talk your relationship and be pathetically honest. Tell her about how you used to be someone non-committal(that's better than saying you your just out looking for hook ups all the time) but that after becoming friends with her something changed. She provoked feelings in you you haven't had before and that you would like to explore having a relationship built on more than just friendship, something beyond just a physical relationship, something that's built on trust, friendship, respect, and maybe, eventually love.

Do this and even if she turns you down, at the very least, you will have impressed her as a friend and perhaps planted the seed that grows later on because she knows how truthful, honest, caring and loving a man that you can be.

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 01:25:59 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Bill Cosby has written a lot about this in his books, I would trust him, best TV father ever.

If you take Bill Cosby's advice on how to woo a woman, I suggest keeping a rock hammer, 6 feet of rope, and a plastic bag on you at all times afterwards.

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Take her out for a walk somewhere nice like the beach or a public park.

Then start talking to her and be honest, sincere and let your words come from the heart.

Review in this talk your relationship and be pathetically honest. Tell her about how you used to be someone non-committal(that's better than saying you your just out looking for hook ups all the time) but that after becoming friends with her something changed. She provoked feelings in you you haven't had before and that you would like to explore having a relationship built on more than just friendship, something beyond just a physical relationship, something that's built on trust, friendship, respect, and maybe, eventually love.

Do this and even if she turns you down, at the very least, you will have impressed her as a friend and perhaps planted the seed that grows later on because she knows how truthful, honest, caring and loving a man that you can be.

I second the above.  And remember that she may say no at first out of surprise or shyness, so be ready for that, but it is not the final word.  Accept the "no" gracefully and ask her to please let you know if anything changes, then move on to enjoying the day together.

If she hasn't changed the initial "no" within four days or so then think about casually dating someone else (only if that new person isn't friends with the one you like)

If the one you like asks about the new dating partner say it's just casual and that you still have feelings for her and are ready to be with her if she changes her mind.  Keep being extremely nice and honest.  At this point you may buy her something as a gift to show how serious you are.  Keep waiting, being nice and don't give up. 

Telling her your feelings is just the beginning of the next phase for both of you.  You may have to deal with a split mind for a while (moving on while being honest that you still love her.  During this phase do not do anything vengeful or spiteful like flaunt another date in her face.  You'll regret that.

Bottom line:  Hope she says yes from the beginning but a "no" is very often not the end.

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 02:23:14 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Some advice for the future. Don't use a good girl for a hook up.

What I would recommend at this point is to make your next move as natural as you can. When the moment is right, just make your move. If that's a conversation or just a simple hand hold or a kiss. I have no idea where you are at, but don't force anything. Nobody likes to feel a burden of having too much put on them. So if you come on strong, she might not like that.

I kind of think the worst thing you can do is ask other people what to do. Just be natural and when the moment is there, start the conversation or whatever it is you need to do.

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 02:44:18 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I've got to pay closer attention to the spell correct before posting. :-[
It was pretty funny to read

I think there was something about using a jackhammer.  Could work, right?
Yup

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 02:55:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The direct approach is the best approach.

If you have a sister or a very good girlfriend that does not want to hook up with you have her work you through the process of how to talk to her.

There are a couple of good things about the direct approach. It saves you from a lifetime of 'what if' and also saves you a lot of time and money.

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this.

I like this girl, and at first I was pretty sure she was very interested in me, and the feeling was both mutual. Although, I didn't have feelings for her, I just wanted to hook up. But she wanted a more serious/committed relationship, and I started treating her more like a friend, and I guess that is where I am now.

How can I get back to where I was, and move on from being just 'friends?'

Not sure if I posted in wrong thread, but the truth is I'm falling for this girl hard. Other girls want to spend time with me, but in the long run, shes someone that I really do want to be with.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to help at all in this endeavor, lol ;D, but I do have one question for you regarding the emboldened part of your post - what's that like, ahaha? ;D Btw, for once, I'm not being sarcastic.  Now off to the 2 chainz thread... ;D

You have issues, man.

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just ask her out and be yourself.

Take her to a movie...talk to her about the Celtics...tell her jokes, like how silly it was for BOS to trade away Rondo for so little......... ;D :)

J/K.

Ask her about her interests...LISTEN to her. Make sure she listens to you. Be honest. Don't put on any airs. Don't be fake.

If u 2 have been friends already, then most of this should be moot. Just tell her your feelings.

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Make an absurd bet with her over the final four. It she wins you clean her toilets and take out her trash and walk her dog. If she loses she cooks you an omelette in a bikini of her choice.

See if she'll let you cook for her if you can do it. Not pasta or burgers. Get red wine.

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
My wife was laughing at the comments.......

Her comment was..

He really ? asked this group for advice  ;D......ah du

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
My wife was laughing at the comments.......

Her comment was..

He really ? asked this group for advice  ;D......ah du
Shaqattack's wife should declare the winner.