Author Topic: I like a girl, but not sure how to become more than friends?  (Read 12269 times)

Re: I like a girl, but not sure how to become more than friends?
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 11:27:12 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
eja117 believes in all out war.

Steps to be taken as opportunities present themselves.

1. Make friends with mom. It is always easier to get the mom to like you. Assuming the mom and girl are like Gilmore Girls you're half way there and might even have a good backup plan.

2. Watch fashion police and study up. Then tell her to want to take her shoe shopping. Then spring for a dress too. And a hat.

3. While shopping do something awkwardly jerky. Like....idk...buy the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. Subliminal jedi mind tricks. Instant conversation starter. Act like you're only mildly attracted to the models. Say stuff like "They're ok. I still think Jennifer Anniston and Jennifer Lawrence are better looking. Even Jude Law is a little better looking. He has better bone structure. You have to give him bone structure".  Women like talking. You will have to say stuff at some point. Then say "I bet I could find like at least 3 bathing suits on Amazon.com that are better and a better deal than these". Girls love a challenge.

4. Movies. I strongly believe in movies being your friend. Certain movies are better than others. Eja had some unspecified shenanigans once while watching Emperor's New Groove. The movie was just so boring....she picked it. Don't know why. Who cares?

5. Mention that you think Beyonce's song "Put a ring on it" is absolute genius. Be like "Isn't that what it's about?" Jedi mind tricks I tell you.

6. Ask her a thousand questions. Nod and occasionally say stuff like "How did that make you feel" or "would you do it that way again"? Alcohol was invented so we could listen to people talk. It might help you get through it.

7. If things are going well start saying random stuff like "I want to shoe shop for you forever." Eja pledged to always clean the toilets.....fudge. That reminds me.

8. Get married. Have a boy. Make middle name eja.
Monk house. Whatever else you do, DO NOT FOLLOW EJAS ADVICE. is all of this really who you are? I doubt it. So why sell her on a fraud, a fake you?

Honestly, directness, and practice that script. If she likes the fake guy above, you don't want her.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:43:52 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 11:48:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
You're not this guy, are you, lol? ;D

Hey girl...;D

On a serious note, I really do wish that I could help you out.  Are you in college?

I love that movie

Lol, really? ;D I've seen almost every chick-flick there is, and even I couldn't watch the whole thing on a plane, when there were limited viewing options, lol. ;D Halfway through, I just stopped because it was that bad, but to each his own.

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:33 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Try the ladies technique: Tell her you, "had a dream the two of you were more than friends and you liked it". Then see where it goes. If she bites you have your shot if not it was only a dream..... No harm done.

Just remember don't say it was a sexual dream. That is way too aggressive. Say you shared a kiss in the dream and that is all. And if she says something like, what kind of kiss. Ask if she means show her what kind or tell her what kind.

It's a good friend zone breaker that has been done to me about 5x by women lol

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
imo don't have talk about it and show her in other ways your ready to take the relationship to another level. 

Go on a date, take to her a nice restaurant.  If she mentions about needing something small like needing a scarf or something, get it for her

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 10:40:12 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
eja117 believes in all out war.

Steps to be taken as opportunities present themselves.

1. Make friends with mom. It is always easier to get the mom to like you. Assuming the mom and girl are like Gilmore Girls you're half way there and might even have a good backup plan.

2. Watch fashion police and study up. Then tell her to want to take her shoe shopping. Then spring for a dress too. And a hat.

3. While shopping do something awkwardly jerky. Like....idk...buy the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. Subliminal jedi mind tricks. Instant conversation starter. Act like you're only mildly attracted to the models. Say stuff like "They're ok. I still think Jennifer Anniston and Jennifer Lawrence are better looking. Even Jude Law is a little better looking. He has better bone structure. You have to give him bone structure".  Women like talking. You will have to say stuff at some point. Then say "I bet I could find like at least 3 bathing suits on Amazon.com that are better and a better deal than these". Girls love a challenge.

4. Movies. I strongly believe in movies being your friend. Certain movies are better than others. Eja had some unspecified shenanigans once while watching Emperor's New Groove. The movie was just so boring....she picked it. Don't know why. Who cares?

5. Mention that you think Beyonce's song "Put a ring on it" is absolute genius. Be like "Isn't that what it's about?" Jedi mind tricks I tell you.

6. Ask her a thousand questions. Nod and occasionally say stuff like "How did that make you feel" or "would you do it that way again"? Alcohol was invented so we could listen to people talk. It might help you get through it.

7. If things are going well start saying random stuff like "I want to shoe shop for you forever." Eja pledged to always clean the toilets.....fudge. That reminds me.

8. Get married. Have a boy. Make middle name eja.
Monk house. Whatever else you do, DO NOT FOLLOW EJAS ADVICE. is all of this really who you are? I doubt it. So why sell her on a fraud, a fake you?

Honestly, directness, and practice that script. If she likes the fake guy above, you don't want her.
Monk house. I got a Eurowife, gorgeous boy, and a happy mother in law going on 11 years.  I aimed to please. You decide.

I see too many guys not focusing on making the woman happy. I focus on making them relaxed and happy. Getting to know em and vice versa. That's why I ask em questions. But it's work. Don't expect to be happy the entire time.

Now. If you'll excuse me I have a couple toilets to clean

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
imo don't have talk about it and show her in other ways your ready to take the relationship to another level. 

Go on a date, take to her a nice restaurant.  If she mentions about needing something small like needing a scarf or something, get it for her
This is good advice.  I endorse this advice. Figure out her birthstone before your first jewelry purchase. Have a good idea of where on the planet it comes from. Sapphires come from Ceylon.

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Try the ladies technique: Tell her you, "had a dream the two of you were more than friends and you liked it". Then see where it goes. If she bites you have your shot if not it was only a dream..... No harm done.

Just remember don't say it was a sexual dream. That is way too aggressive. Say you shared a kiss in the dream and that is all. And if she says something like, what kind of kiss. Ask if she means show her what kind or tell her what kind.

Not bad. I like.

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
The whole direct thing....Me Tarzan. You Jane.   Very direct. Doesn't always work.

Remember Cyrano De Bergerac? When she was like "speak to me of your love" and Christian was like "I love you!" and she said "How" and he said "Very much"

Very direct. Very honest.  Doesn't work. Women are the exact opposite of vulcans. They aren't going to be with you because it's logical. Unless she's a huge Star Trek Spock fan and you meet her in a comic con, but that's the will of the Force. I'm talking about real life.

Life is meant to be a very fun and happy journey with a lot of BS inbetween.

Fudge. If she gets home and those toilets aren't done.....I gotta go

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I was pretty much the king of this.  I don't have any great advice because none of my experience ended up how I wanted it to at the time.  I would say that if you're feeling this way, poop or get off the pot, because your feelings for her are just going to get deeper and eventually she'll find someone else. 

I've been happily married for 14 years now.  So eventually I figured out the direct route works! It definitely helped that my wife was fairly direct with me once I opened my eyes to her being interested in me.

Good luck with it.  I feel for you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:35:45 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I've got to pay closer attention to the spell correct before posting. :-[
Yup

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 11:37:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I've got to pay closer attention to the spell correct before posting. :-[
It was pretty funny to read

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this.

I like this girl, and at first I was pretty sure she was very interested in me, and the feeling was both mutual. Although, I didn't have feelings for her, I just wanted to hook up. But she wanted a more serious/committed relationship, and I started treating her more like a friend, and I guess that is where I am now.

How can I get back to where I was, and move on from being just 'friends?'

Not sure if I posted in wrong thread, but the truth is I'm falling for this girl hard. Other girls want to spend time with me, but in the long run, shes someone that I really do want to be with.

I'll take a crack at this.  If you think she was interested in you before and you haven't done anything monumentally stupid, she still is.

But if you want to know for sure, go google the body language things girls do when they are interested.  If you read those and go... wow she does do those things around me, you will know. 

I've been married 15yrs but whenever an article is on yahoo I think back to those times when I first started dating my wife and go, whoa, no wonder we are married.  I also think back to some of those college days and think, how could I have been so blind? 

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 11:42:50 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It should be noted women do not think or feel or make decisions like men. This is why my wife and I shop different. I look at a dress. In 3 seconds I'm like yes or no. She's not thinking like that.

Science has shown males see the world as something to experience and manipulate. Like a video game and we are the players.

Women see themselves as part of this world interconnected to it. They see themselves much more as the game. Specifically a role playing game.

My wife is thinking about where she will wear the dress. What lighting it's best in. Whether she can beat the price. Whether other people have the same dress. What it's going to look like in two years if she gains two pounds. What people will think about it. Blah blah.

Men see women as something to be with and have.

Women see men as a part of their world. If you want to be a part of her world you have to take the time to make the world around her better. That's why you go shopping and go to movies and talk and go places and make small projects.

Her decision will take place over the course of weeks and months and is being made now. Everything you do and don't do is affecting it and so is every other thing in the world. That's why you make friends with the mom and her friends. That's why you do stuff.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:53 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
You mentioned trying to get her in your bedroom, so I'm assuming you're not against premarital intercourse. My friends who is very good with women insists that the way to go is to have intercourse as soon as possible. His reasoning is once you get past that first impression (first few dates), as far as you go (touching, kissing, etc.) is as far as you will ever get due to the brain subconsciously classifying you. I, for one, am against premarital sex, so that is out for me. This actually works too. However, if this woman is in your social circle, don't do it. The repercussions and awkwardness are not worth it at all. This friend of mine literally goes out to meet women, and he's quite succesful at it. But he's not one to go seducing friends.

Besides that, there are a few things you can do. My advice is, no matter what approach you do (brutally honest, direct, implied, etc.), do it as quickly as possible before the window of escalation closes. Men are friend zoned because: 1) women stop seeing you as a potential lover if you don't move quckly enough 2) you try to "sell her" on yourself too much, and she sees you as "too valuable to lose as a friend" and doesn't see the worth in risking losing you as a boyfriend. 

You seem like you have the fundamentals down (getting the girl invested, getting to know her, building sexual tension, physical escalation, etc.). Just move quickly and decisively now, or you'll never know what could have been.

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Not bad. I like.
Yeah, that's a real good one.

If you guys are truly good friends at this point and have good, open, and honest communication, it shouldn't be too hard to admit how you really feel.  You probably already confide in each other about certain things.