Who do you want?

Kaminsky
3 (7.3%)
WCS
26 (63.4%)
Dekker
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Frank Kaminsky or WCS ? Nevermind I want Dekker now  (Read 12749 times)

Re: Frank Kaminsky or WCS ? Nevermind I want Dekker now
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 10:39:54 AM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I still am trying to see what is so good about WCS.. looks like every other stiff defensive big with no offensive game to me. Those kind of guys don't really develop well.

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'm sold on Dekker.  He could be the SF/outside scorer this team needs.  Too bad I still want a trade for Noel and a free agent SF.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 11:11:58 AM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
I just don't see WCS succeeding at a high level in the NBA and I hope the Celtics stay away from him. He's an athlete not a basketball player. It was pretty shocking watching him last night not even attempt to post up against a 6'5 baseball player. He's basically a poverty version of Joakim Noah but without the alpha male competitive drive. Yeah he has some defensive versatility / weak-side shot blocking ability, but he's not a guy whose gonna relish banging down low with the men imo. We need to start acquiring offensive skill players who can actually score in the half court game, which is why I'd much prefer a player like Dekker or even Mario Hezonja.

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 11:36:15 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I just don't see WCS succeeding at a high level in the NBA and I hope the Celtics stay away from him. He's an athlete not a basketball player.

This is probably why your not scouting for a living.

I still am trying to see what is so good about WCS.. looks like every other stiff defensive big with no offensive game to me. Those kind of guys don't really develop well.
Also, another scout in the making  JK

he measured in at 7-foot and 240 pounds. He also has a 7-foot-2 wingspan and a 37-inch max vertical

http://upsidemotor.com/2014/10/21/ncaa-college-basketball-kentucky-wildcats-willie-cauley-stein-nba-draft/

His 6.4% body fat

3.15 second ¾ court sprint and 12'3 maximum reach are almost identical to the numbers registered by Dwight Howard coming out of high school. The latter ranks among the 10 best marks in our entire database. The 19 reps Cauley-Stein pumped out on the bench (185-pounds like the NBA Combine) are also fairly impressive

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz3VmzEcYED
http://www.draftexpress.com
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Willie-Cauley-Stein-6441/

A 37 inch max vertical means he is relatively athletic.  He can defend multiple positions too, which speaks of his athletic ability.  Sullinger benched the 185 nine times, so he is stronger than one would think.

I agree, he is not a skills guy.   He succeeds on hustle and his drive.  But most of us know that because we watch more than the NCAAs or one game.  He'll be long gone before we pick.

WCS is a trandecending defensive talent at the center position. The way the celtics defend with the switching on every pick n roll he's perfect , they guy can literally guard point guards. Id say with our pick without a doubt if WCS Is there we take him.
  Very true, I have heard him compared a lot to Tyson Chandler on defense.    He is not a great offensive player but he is a very good defensive player.  Sadly, some guys base their decision on a few games.   Last year while on the court he blocked 12.3% of the other team's shots that is impressive and just as good as Davis when he went there, but Davis is a better offensive player.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:42:04 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 12:22:27 PM »

Offline fubar089

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 11
I just don't see WCS succeeding at a high level in the NBA and I hope the Celtics stay away from him. He's an athlete not a basketball player.

This is probably why your not scouting for a living.

u have 9,000 + posts on a Celtics website so I'm assuming u don't either. we're two nobodies with laptops and a differing opinion  ;)

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 01:36:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Your wrong in your assumption, I am not on a laptop.  LOL 

The big difference is our opinion is that numerous scouts back up my opinion and none yours.  All of them have him as a Top 15 pick.   Are they wrong occasionally, yes, but I follow all the major drafts and none of them have him as wash out.

Also, his test scores are pretty athletic, you didn't nail that one, did you?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:42:16 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 01:44:04 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
You are almost right. WCS is a defensive big with no offensive game. Stiff? no.

he can guard guys on the perimeter. Jerian Grant couldnt beat him on the dribble and hes a pg who could be selected in the lottery. He is a special player on D. He isnt just a shot blocker. He can switch on to guards, chase quick guys around all game long and can still be that rim protector.

That being said, your concern that hes not a great rebounder, cant post up Pat Connaughton and, is already 21 is very valid. Id only take him if Winslow, Johnson, and Hezonja are all gone.

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 01:59:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I just don't see WCS succeeding at a high level in the NBA and I hope the Celtics stay away from him. He's an athlete not a basketball player. It was pretty shocking watching him last night not even attempt to post up against a 6'5 baseball player. He's basically a poverty version of Joakim Noah but without the alpha male competitive drive. Yeah he has some defensive versatility / weak-side shot blocking ability, but he's not a guy whose gonna relish banging down low with the men imo. We need to start acquiring offensive skill players who can actually score in the half court game, which is why I'd much prefer a player like Dekker or even Mario Hezonja.

I agree. Mediocre feel for game. Never seen him make a "nice" pass.

Not a good rebounder for his size

Maybe a more versatile defending version of Brandan Wright at the next level

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2015, 07:47:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
See the effect of an elite defensive big? this is why Id rather WCS
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2015, 08:42:51 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Kentucky has to many bigs competing for minutes. Seems not one player  can get into a rythym on the court before they are subbed out..
Towns is going to be a great one. Irish had no answer in the paint..

Far as kaminsky. Perimeter game should land him an NBA gig. Dekker far and away is the better player regard less of position..

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

Offline Rondohara

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
WCS can probably be better then Noah or DeAndre Jordan, and be a truly elite defensive center, multiple times DPOY potential, at least a few all-defensive teams. Would be great for the Celtics, but will probably be out of reach. Good trade up target.

Kaminsky seems slow. He does creates match-up problems by being a 3 point shooting center, but I doubt the rest of his game a little, also 22+ years old.

Can Dekker be a good primary scorer in the NBA? If so, he can be really good. But that is far from a giving. He is a high ceiling guy.
Goal for next season: Top 2 seed.
Say goodbye to: Turner, Zeller, Sully.

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I like Towns better than anyone in this draft. I do like Kaminsky but I like WCS more. Big matchup tonight.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2015, 11:18:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Kamisky looked pretty good on both sides of the ball against future NBA players in WCS and Towns .

Dekker has ice in his veins

Order now

Dekker - going to be a solid starter , with all-star potential
WCS (Because we already have KO, Kamisky and KO are very similar )
Kamisky = would be ok with this pick

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
WCS. I don't want Kaminsky or Dekker.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2015, 11:22:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Kamisky looked pretty good on both sides of the ball against future NBA players in WCS and Towns .

Dekker has ice in his veins

Order now

Dekker - going to be a solid starter , with all-star potential
WCS (Because we already have KO, They are very similar )
Kamisky = would be ok with this pick
Huh?  WCS is a far better rim protector and defender, no?