Who do you want?

Kaminsky
3 (7.3%)
WCS
26 (63.4%)
Dekker
12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: Frank Kaminsky or WCS ? Nevermind I want Dekker now  (Read 12792 times)

Re: Frank Kaminsky or WCS ? Nevermind I want Dekker now
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2015, 11:36:23 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Kentucky will be Kaminsky's measuring stick.

If he can play like he does against those bigs, he'll probably be a top 5 pick.

No he won't, regardless of how he fares. There are a bunch of players with more upside than him and that's how the draft goes.

Eddie20 are you joking?

Did you not watch the game tonight?

This guy gets mvp of the tourney and you will still mock him.  I don't get you man

Too Potential/upside obsessed

You fail to realize that college success, especially as an older upperclassman, doesn't mean it'll translate into the NBA.

The guy doesn't fill a position of need on our team and offers little in way of upside.

Is that the same way you felt about Duncan?

Why punish guys who stay for another year or 2 or 3. What if their goal is to obtain their degrees prior to the nba?  Automatic fail in your books right

Kaminsky will concentrate strictly for basketball once drafted. He is going to add weight.  Is that too hard to believe?

The game has changed since then. Talent now leaves early and as a result the overall talent level has dropped.

Kaminsky is a 4. Plain and simple. The guy will get obliterated at the 5. Did you only watch Wisconsin on offense? Serious question.

No. I watched the game on both ends. Your nitpicking about shorter guys (a few plays) pushing him a bit. Overall he had a very good game. Good team defender. 

Can he play center at the nba level with the body he has now?

No. But he could adding 15 pounds of weight.   It took Tyler Zeller a while to add 15 pounds of weight, but he finally did this season. Once Kaminsky does, then what??

He can play center or the 4 like KO in the new NBA

I wonder how confused you will be once or very good chance Silver implements draft at 20 years of age or 2 years old college under the belt rule

Well Kaminsky averaged about 4 ppg his first 2 seasons so an early entry age rule would've been moot in his case.

So what you're saying is, you want to use our first rd pick to draft a player to play the 4, a position that we've already used 2 1st rd picks in the last 3 years, is a position of strength, and then we have to wait 3 years until hopefully he gains enough weight that he doesn't get obliterated inside.

Great plan. Sign me up!

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2015, 11:39:14 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

No he won't, regardless of how he fares. There are a bunch of players with more upside than him and that's how the draft goes.

Eddie20 are you joking?

This guy gets mvp of the tourney and you will still mock him.  I don't get you man

You fail to realize that college success, especially as an older upperclassman, doesn't mean it'll translate into the NBA.

The guy doesn't fill a position of need on our team and offers little in way of upside.

Um, collegiate success doesn't guarantee anything moving forward, regardless of how old a guy is.  Prime example - Nolynyk, as well as 95% of all white players over the last 26 years (I'm starting with Michael Smith), or at least it feels that way.  American white players, anyway.

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2015, 11:58:57 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Eddie20 are you joking?

Eddie 20 is right. Kaminsky simply does not have the upside to be a top 5 pick. He could drop 35 a game and win the national championship and still probably wouldnt go top 5. Look at all the guys in this draft. Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Johnson, Hezonja, WCS.

Who does he knock off? Towns and Okafor are out of reach, Russell and Mudiay also seem to be. For a senior with limited athleticism who was frankly mediocre when he was the ages of nearly all 8 of the guys listed above, he simply will not be selected in the top 5.

Since 2006 8 upperclassmen have been selected in the top 5 of the draft:

Oladipo
Thomas Robinson
Wesley Johnson
Evan Turner
Hasheem Thabeet
Jeff Green
Shelden Williams
Adam Morrison

Of those 8 Oladipo, T Rob, Wesley Johnson, Hasheem Thabeet and Jeff Green were elite athletes/ physical specimens.

The only ones worth close to a top 5 pick are probably Oladipo and if you are real kind, Wes Johnson.

Furthermore Morrison, Thabeet, Turner, TROb, Williams have all been massive busts.

Top 5 picks should not be spent on upperclassmen who dont have crazy physical attributes.

In this day and age, all the elite prospects go in their first two years. This means the juniors and seniors are playing against much less mature younger players.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 12:09:08 AM by mahcus smaht »

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 12:04:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Eddie20 are you joking?

Eddie 20 is right. Kaminsky simply does not have the upside to be a top 5 pick. He could drop 35 a game and win the national championship and still probably wouldnt go top 5. Look at all the guys in this draft. Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay, Winslow, Johnson, Hezonja, WCS.

Who does he knock off? Towns and Okafor are out of reach, Russell and Mudiay also seem to be. For a senior with limited athleticism who was frankly mediocre when he was the ages of nearly all 8 of the guys listed above, he simply will not be selected in the top 5.

I dont think so either. But 8-10 yes

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:55 AM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
This is off topic but what do you think the price will be to trade up for towns and what is his ceiling/player comparison

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 12:12:53 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
This is off topic but what do you think the price will be to trade up for towns and what is his ceiling/player comparison
Out of our reach I would think. Maybe if we offered Clips, our own, the philly #2, Young, Isaiah, KO, and a Nets pick.

The top 3 is virutally impossible to trade into.

I saw some Aldridge comps.

I think its wiser to try to get into the 7-9 range and get either Stanley Johnson or WInslow

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 12:14:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Out of our reach I would think. Maybe if we offered Clips, our own, the philly #2, Young, Isaiah, KO, and a Nets pick.

I think its wiser to try to get into the 7-9 range and get either Stanley Johnson or WInslow

I disagree. Outside of Towns and Okafor at the right price you can trade up for anyone else

guys like Mudiyai and Russell are not untouchables

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 12:47:34 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

If he plays well against a projected Top 3 pick, another Center who's a lottery pick, not to mention playing against this year's Kentucky?

He's already projected top 10, having a very good performance against these NBA bound bigs would only help his stock, especially if he fares well defensively. Sure, he doesn't really have a ton of upside compare to the rest, but he's going to be a very sure thing if he performed great against Kentucky. And a very sure thing can land into the top 5. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

If he plays well against a projected Top 3 pick, another Center who's a lottery pick, not to mention playing against this year's Kentucky?

He's already projected top 10, having a very good performance against these NBA bound bigs would only help his stock, especially if he fares well defensively. Sure, he doesn't really have a ton of upside compare to the rest, but he's going to be a very sure thing if he performed great against Kentucky. And a very sure thing can land into the top 5.

He is going to get Towns/Wcs to come out to the perimeter to give his guys more space around the basket.  Towns will have a tough time guarding him from the perimeter.  But Kaminsky won't have a easy time guarding Towns underneath the basket

Kaminsky overall is going to hold his own I predict

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 12:51:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Better for Kentucky to put Lyles against Kaminsky on the defensive end

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 01:23:01 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown

Eddie20 are you joking?

I dont think so either. But 8-10 yes
So in conclusion you agree with Eddie20

I disagree. Outside of Towns and Okafor at the right price you can trade up for anyone else

guys like Mudiyai and Russell are not untouchables

In this draft maybe not, I meant that traditionally the top 3 is virtually impossible to trade into. In this draft it's the top 2. Either way the question posed was what would towns cost and either way the answer is it is virtually impossible to acquire him.

Lastly, Kentucky would be wise to put WCS or Lyles on Kaminsky. From what I've seen towns stays around the rim more on d and WCS ranges all over the court. A 1 on 1 matchup between WCS and Frank would be interesting but I would expect WCS to dominate him on D and be more or less his typical self on O.

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 01:30:35 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I expect WCS to wreak havoc on Kaminsky, too. More worried about Dekker, but Lyles could be a good match-up. Regardless, I hope UK pulls it off. We would get to see history and, from my selfish perspective, I could potentially see Wisconsin (revenge for UNC loss) and Duke ( :)) go down at their hands.

Out of the 3, I'd prefer WCS. That could be my skewed perspective b/c of the UNC loss. Kaminsky strikes me as incredibly soft and weak on D, and I highly doubt Dekker is going to produce the way he is right now at the professional level. Probably get pushed right out of the lane by stronger 3s (and def can't guard 4s in NBA) as soon as he tries to turn the corner and get in the paint. And while he's a good shooter, he's not a Korver-type.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 01:37:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I expect WCS to wreak havoc on Kaminsky, too. More worried about Dekker, but Lyles could be a good match-up. Regardless, I hope UK pulls it off. We would get to see history and, from my selfish perspective, I could potentially see Wisconsin (revenge for UNC loss) and Duke ( :)) go down at their hands.

Out of the 3, I'd prefer WCS. That could be my skewed perspective b/c of the UNC loss. Kaminsky strikes me as incredibly soft and weak on D, and I highly doubt Dekker is going to produce the way he is right now at the professional level. Probably get pushed right out of the lane by stronger 3s (and def can't guard 4s in NBA) as soon as he tries to turn the corner and get in the paint. And while he's a good shooter, he's not a Korver-type.

What is with the Wisconsin hate?

I like Kentucky but i hope Wisconsin beats them

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'd say Dekker... or I guess I did say Dekker. 

If you take WCS then you are saying you hope he develops some offense, which is the hardest thing to do as it takes actual skill.  One on one Kaminsky probably scores or gets a foul on WCS or at worst drags him away from the basket for someone else to drive or operate down low.  You put WCS out on the floor and you are playing offense basically 4 1/2 on 5. 

Dekker on the other hand.  I haven't watched any other games with him other than that Arizona game so maybe he doesn't really shoot that well, although his stats from at least one other tourney game says otherwise.  But that high release and arc will definitely translate to the NBA.  So do his handles for a 6-9 or 6-10 guy.  He will definitely be a small forward.  Is he as good as Gordon Hayward right now, probably not.  Gordon Hayward wasn't as good as he is right now when he first got in the league.  I think Dekker could get there though and at least two teams thought Hayward was a max guy.  So I'm not sure I pass up drafting someone close to Hayward's skills for a D and no offense guy or a stretch big.

In Kaminsky's defense, I will say the guy doesn't play defense because he just isn't going to foul.  On the pro level he'd be a little more free.  Nobody on Arizona could defend him and Arizona was supposed to be a good defensive team.

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 10:39:15 AM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
It's really not close. WCS is a trandecending defensive talent at the center position. The way the celtics defend with the switching on every pick n roll he's perfect , they guy can literally guard point guards. Id say with our pick without a doubt if WCS Is there we take him.

Now if he's off the board, you go Kaminsky, then Dekker. You might be able to grab Dekker with the philly pick TBH. Most likely can with clip pick. He hasn't been hyped all year since this game against Arizona. Doubt he raises higher then 20th pick. Should be around 20-26. We easily possibly could draft two of those guys.

But dream draft is getting Winslow n WCS. Pair them with smart n Avery. Young n defensive minded, let sully score.