Author Topic: Justise Winslow  (Read 11566 times)

Re: Justise Winslow
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 07:06:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's improved so much as the season has progressed.  Okafor may be the first player from Duke drafted, but Winslow is Duke's best player.  He's a future star.  I've been hoping all year the C's draft WCS, but Winslow is now #1 in my heart.  A true two-way player who plays with the effort of someone just trying to get off the bench.

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 07:21:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Like his game...would not mind him in Green. He fills a need for us at SF.

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2015, 08:30:08 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Winslow showed today vs Gonzaga he can play. It's college competition but he seems to be a better defender than JYoung.
Or at the very least looks like he has the ability to get better on the defensive end.

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2015, 10:07:19 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Winslow showed today vs Gonzaga he can play. It's college competition but he seems to be a better defender than JYoung.
Or at the very least looks like he has the ability to get better on the defensive end.
Winslow is miles better on D. It isnt close at all. Young is the better shooter of the dribble Winslow has him in literally every other category. And this is from someone who really likes Young.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2015, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
He'll be top 5. Out of reach..

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 10:41:07 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

And you know this how?

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:08 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Winslow is miles better on D. It isnt close at all. Young is the better shooter of the dribble Winslow has him in literally every other category. And this is from someone who really likes Young.

Comparing Young and Winslow is a joke. Young is a 17 pick who will probably be on Fab's team in a year or two. Winslow will be a top 5 pick and starting in the NBA next year

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

And you know this how?

Well he's Already there on DX..

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 10:48:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

And you know this how?

It's a guess , but I think he will be also.  The world is watching him closely right now and what he did today screams "star" in the making

That three, rebound late in the game was clutch. He does have a super wingspan and strong body for his size

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 04:49:33 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
How does Winslow's defense compare to Stanley Johnson?

S.Johnson widely regarded as having elite defensive talent. Is Winslow a good defensive talent at NBA talent? Or a top defensive talent? 

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 07:01:12 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I wouldn't mind if the C's landed Stanley Johnson.

They've now got a decent chance of missing the playoffs and ending up with the 9th pick. I could well see them adding a first to it in order to move up and snag him--if need be.

Or, Porzingis might be this year's Giannis and worth a similar move. But there are a couple of center options there as well.

Nice consolation if the C's miss the playoffs.

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Draft Boards have Johnson and Winslow as high as 5th -6th dream on.  I think they are gone by the time we draft.   But a lot can happen between now and then.  That means Oubre or the like will likely be the SF prospect in our range.  Hezonja is a SG folks. Dekker might be in our range but his stock is rising fast.

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I am about to say that I would pick Winslow over Okafor now...

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 04:42:36 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Comparing Young and Winslow is a joke. Young is a 17 pick who will probably be on Fab's team in a year or two. Winslow will be a top 5 pick and starting in the NBA next year

Young was slated to go higher, but he was in a car accident.

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Yeah, Winslow is the real deal. Looks like a 2-way stud. Some people have him in the top-3 discussion now. Personally I'd take him #4. There is almost no chance he's available when we pick, but perhaps if he slid to #6 or so we could trade up for him.

Kelly Oubre is a more realistic pick around #10. He isn't nearly as developed as Winslow but the tools and talent are there.

Strongly recommend what Dean Demakis has to say about Winslow, Oubre and Johnson: http://deanondraft.com/