Author Topic: Justise Winslow  (Read 11552 times)

Re: Justise Winslow
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I have said this in other threads, but...

I am all aboard the Justise Winslow hype train.
I think he is cut out of the same kinda cloth that Marcus Smart is. You know the type--a crazy athletic defense-minded madman who jets around the court impacting the game in every single play he's a part of in a way that totally transcends the stat-sheet. He plays defense without regard for human life (his own or his opponents').

I fantasize about a Smart, Bradley, Winslow back-court with any kind of rim protection whatsoever. Bring KG back as an assistant coach and hang our hat on a defense that will keep us in the game against anyone. I want other teams to think to themselves "Sheeit. We have to play the Celtics tonight..." I want other players to want to join the Celtics JUST SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AGAINST OUR DEFENSE.

It makes sense too... Last SF we had was The Truth. Of course we'd follow that up with Justice.

Danny needs to make Winslow happen. I'd be okay if he got rid of IT, Sully, KO, Turner and a Net's pick to get where he needs to be to draft Justise.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Looney is a PF.
I feel he is a SF more than a PF.
And there in lies the biggest problem with Kevon Looney
The bigger problem is Looney's lack of game. Because of this I could see him falling in the draft. So if you want Ainge to try to go big or miss, he's your guy. I just wouldn't take him over 8-9 other players.

As far as your concern with his position, he's athletic and long enough to play the four. He would need to add some strength but his length and speed could be an asset on D.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Winslow has played great in the tourney, especially last night. I think his stock just rises from here, yeah, not happening unless Danny wants to sell the farm to move up. everyone wants this team to make the playoffs, which means we will be drafting at 15 with the possibility to move up a couple spots. You pick the bpa of whoever drops. Oubre and Turner really didn't play well to end the season, And Looney, Portis, and Grant have been mocked all over the place.

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 05:20:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Looney is a PF.
The bigger problem is Looney's lack of game. Because of this I could see him falling in the draft. So if you want Ainge to try to go big or miss, he's your guy. I just wouldn't take him over 8-9 other players.

As far as your concern with his position, he's athletic and long enough to play the four. He would need to add some strength but his length and speed could be an asset on D.

Looney is not ready for the NBA. Needs to refine game, get stronger. 

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I think he is cut out of the same kinda cloth that Marcus Smart is. You know the type--a crazy athletic defense-minded madman who jets around the court impacting the game in every single play he's a part of in a way that totally transcends the stat-sheet. He plays defense without regard for human life (his own or his opponents').

I fantasize about a Smart, Bradley, Winslow back-court with any kind of rim protection whatsoever. Bring KG back as an assistant coach and hang our hat on a defense that will keep us in the game against anyone. I want other teams to think to themselves "Sheeit. We have to play the Celtics tonight..." I want other players to want to join the Celtics JUST SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AGAINST OUR DEFENSE.

It makes sense too... Last SF we had was The Truth. Of course we'd follow that up with Justice.

Danny needs to make Winslow happen. I'd be okay if he got rid of IT, Sully, KO, Turner and a Net's pick to get where he needs to be to draft Justise.
Wouldn't you just trade Young and our pick to get him? To me Winslow seems like a very similar player but with better ball and body control. It just feels like we are giving up on Young here. Which is fine, but I would want a better player like Stanley Johnson.

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Winslow looks like he's moving into the top 5 and ahead of SJohnson. Has NBA size right now and is a tremendous athlete and defender. Love to see us move up and grab him.

On a side note? Is Towns that good? I'm think he's pretty good, but Kentucky's got Lyles, Johnson, Cauly Stein, and Lee who may be just as good.

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel

Wouldn't you just trade Young and our pick to get him? To me Winslow seems like a very similar player but with better ball and body control. It just feels like we are giving up on Young here. Which is fine, but I would want a better player like Stanley Johnson.

Winslow is already much more of a well rounded player than Young. I don't really have a comparison to Winslow except to say that he is what would happen if a taller Marcus Smart played SF and shot 40% from 3.

*I'm not giving up on Young until he's at least 21. Young is a project and needs to be cultivated and given time to grow and develop. Young was drafted for his potential-- A potential he still has.

*Unless I get some sort of godfather offer. Of course.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Looney is a PF.

Looney is not ready for the NBA. Needs to refine game, get stronger.

The same can be said of most players in the draft. However, that doesn't change the fact Looney will be selecting in the lottery based on his upside.

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 06:24:36 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Winslow is already much more of a well rounded player than Young. I don't really have a comparison to Winslow except to say that he is what would happen if a taller Marcus Smart played SF and shot 40% from 3.

*I'm not giving up on Young until he's at least 21. Young is a project and needs to be cultivated and given time to grow and develop. Young was drafted for his potential-- A potential he still has.

I agree with you. Winslow is much better with the ball then Young. But I do think Young's potential may be higher just because of his ability to shoot it. It would be a tough spot for Ainge if Winslow was the bpa at his pick since we would have two prospects with similar upside at the same position.

If Stanley Johnson was an option, I would even trade Young to get that dude. His poise with the ball and control out there, reminds me of Wade.

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

I agree with you. Winslow is much better with the ball then Young. But I do think Young's potential may be higher just because of his ability to shoot it. It would be a tough spot for Ainge if Winslow was the bpa at his pick since we would have two prospects with similar upside at the same position.

If Stanley Johnson was an option, I would even trade Young to get that dude. His poise with the ball and control out there, reminds me of Wade.
Winslow is a very different player from Young. They are the same size, and Young is the better scorer/shooter, but I see Young as a 2 and Winslow as a 3. Winslow is stronger, more explosive, a far far superior defender, and from what Ive seen, his BBIQ is off the charts (according to coach  K) I do like Johnson too, hes another great defender who could be a really good offensive player too.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Puns of steel
I think that I prefer Winslow to Johnson. Johnson just hasn't been that great in the last few games.
Pro:

Anti:

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 12:06:39 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Winslow has played great in the tourney, especially last night. I think his stock just rises from here, yeah, not happening unless Danny wants to sell the farm to move up. everyone wants this team to make the playoffs, which means we will be drafting at 15 with the possibility to move up a couple spots. You pick the bpa of whoever drops. Oubre and Turner really didn't play well to end the season, And Looney, Portis, and Grant have been mocked all over the place.

No everyone does not want this team to make the playoffs. I have been hoping for the C's to lose precisely so they could get their hands on someone like Winslow. Some people on this board were down on him earlier in the year, but Winslow was dealing with injuries at that point. He is just the type of explosive player that the C's need.

I wish the C's were busy tanking. It would serve them better to get a high quality player in this draft rather than make the playoffs as an 8 seed.

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

No everyone does not want this team to make the playoffs. I have been hoping for the C's to lose precisely so they could get their hands on someone like Winslow. Some people on this board were down on him earlier in the year, but Winslow was dealing with injuries at that point. He is just the type of explosive player that the C's need.

I wish the C's were busy tanking. It would serve them better to get a high quality player in this draft rather than make the playoffs as an 8 seed.
Sad thing is, this is a great draft from picks 4-8. Better then last year.

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 02:51:20 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Winslow is a very different player from Young. They are the same size, and Young is the better scorer/shooter, but I see Young as a 2 and Winslow as a 3. Winslow is stronger, more explosive, a far far superior defender, and from what Ive seen, his BBIQ is off the charts (according to coach  K) I do like Johnson too, hes another great defender who could be a really good offensive player too.
They have about the same quickness and lift. I don't see a difference in explosive speed that you see. I do agree that Winslow has the better game at this point. But they are both small forwards.

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906

TP just for the pun.  Better than anything I could have come up with.

Mike