Author Topic: Justise Winslow  (Read 11567 times)

Justise Winslow
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:34:32 PM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Just watched the Duke vs Utah game, best player on the floor was Justise Winslow. This dude is impressing me more and more.

I believe he is the real deal, what NBA player could be a nice comparison?

What would it take to get him on the Celtics? I think he could go as high as #5 or #6 now... maybe he even deserves to be higher.
Would be a great SF for us, just hope he grows another inch or two.

Looks a bit like Chris Partlow of the Wire, I think he is one cold blooded dude as well, just not evil ;)

Re: Justise Winslow
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 02:46:20 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This will be my answer from now on everytime someone puts a Justice Winslow should be drafted thread or if someone saying we need to move up to get him.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Just watched the Duke vs Utah game, best player on the floor was Justise Winslow. This dude is impressing me more and more.

What would it take to get him on the Celtics? I think he could go as high as #5 or #6 now... maybe he even deserves to be higher.

Looks a bit like Chris Partlow of the Wire, I think he is one cold blooded dude as well, just not evil ;)

I have this gut feeling Winslow is #3 on Ainge's big board, with #1 being Okafor, and #2 being Towns.  Ainge is hoping he slides down to that 7,8,9, 10 range.  It will be tough to move up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge does so to land Winslow.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:07:35 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
This might be random but does anyone think he'll stay for 1 more year

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 03:19:51 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I had 4 sfs ahead of Justice at the mid way point of the season. But man Winslow is doing it right now. He may already moved past StanleyJ, and Mario to gms. Without a doubt he is ahead of Oubre, and Looney.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

I have this gut feeling Winslow is #3 on Ainge's big board, with #1 being Okafor, and #2 being Towns.  Ainge is hoping he slides down to that 7,8,9, 10 range.  It will be tough to move up, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ainge does so to land Winslow.
Jimmy Butler is the first to come to mind as far as being a really good athlete and defender and rebounder, but also a guy who could become a 20 pt per game scorer.  I know butler is more of a 2 but Winslow just has a similar type of game just at the 3.

Other than that maybe Luol Deng??

I too think that the dude is an absolute stud and think he is the #3 prospect in the draft, but those who are much better basketball minds than I have him at 5-7. This seems out of our reach in terms of trading up, but if we miss the playoffs and drop to pick #9 or 10 it could happen.

Bright side is there are some other really intriguing 3's and 5's that would be nice consolation prizes in my oppinion.

The obvious ones are Johnson, Hezonja, and WCS. Turner and Oubre also have a lot of potential but if any of the 4 (Winslow, Johnson, Hezonja, WCS) drop to the 8-10 range, I think Ainge has got to trade up.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 03:24:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Isn't Winslow short for a SF?

I wouldn't mind if Danny gets him but It would be nice to get a SF that is 6'8 +

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 03:25:06 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
He reminds me of Jerry Stackhouse, but better (if that makes any sense). 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 03:35:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

I wouldn't mind if Danny gets him but It would be nice to get a SF that is 6'8 +
I believe he is same size as Young but after seeing play all year he is more physical. So a tweener that would do better at the SF as Young would be better at SG. Someone asked how high to draft Winslow a while back and we went over his size. I thought SG but seeing how he gets into to people pretty well I now think he will be better at the 3 at least for the Cs. He is a lot like Butler.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 03:35:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Listed at 6'6" 225. Not big but I won't consider that short. That's a decent size for a Small Forward.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 03:37:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yes he is 6'6" about 1.5 inches shorter than the average NBA SF. However his strength and athleticism should compensate for his lack of height and his rebounding number as well as defensive performance on bigger players this year seem to corroborate that.

I dont think a lack of height should be a hangup here.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:46 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I love him too. We're not going to be in a position to draft him.

The real price to trade up in the draft is usually steep. Like, Marcus Smart + the Clippers pick? Isaiah Thomas + our pick? James Young + clipper pick + future pick?

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:50:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I had 4 sfs ahead of Justice at the mid way point of the season. But man Winslow is doing it right now. He may already moved past StanleyJ, and Mario to gms. Without a doubt he is ahead of Oubre, and Looney.

Looney is a PF.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Looney is a PF.
I feel he is a SF more than a PF.

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Looney is a PF.
I feel he is a SF more than a PF.
And there in lies the biggest problem with Kevon Looney
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.