Author Topic: Tobias Harris: A Good Fit?  (Read 3478 times)

Tobias Harris: A Good Fit?
« on: March 28, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »

Offline fandrew

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 25
I have been thinking a lot about this offseason, and the one name that I keep coming back to is Tobias Harris. He is a capable scorer at SF, and can shoot the 3 very well.

He is a restricted free agent, but with all the youth that Orlando has, they may want to move him to make space for Gordon.

His defense is suspect at times, but I think that CBS can fix that. Make him at least not a liability on defense (though he is not horrible, he makes bad defensive decisions at times).

Do you think he would be a good fit? At what cost?

What kind of sign and trade would he be worth?

Thoughts? Feelings? Emotions?
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care." - Peter Gibbons

Re: Tobias Harris: A Good Fit?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:59:55 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
i think in order to sign him we would have to pay him the max and potentially offer the magic something in a sign and trade. He is still young and getting better but i'm not sure i'm willing to give that much up.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'd rather Khris Middleton. Harris is a good player but I think his ceiling is about what he is now.
Wouldn't want to pay him the max either. A nice value contract like Jeff Green's at something like 12 million over 4 years perhaps, but even then that's a lot of money for someone who's not a star and not likely to be hugely popular trade bait when we need it.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 12:38:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't love him. He's a Jeff Green level player who will want the max.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 12:48:15 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think signing someone who was posting good numbers on a bad team is a huge gamble. And from looking at his stats, they're not that impressive.

I would rather find comparable talent in the draft.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 01:36:08 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't love him. He's a Jeff Green level player who will want the max.
+1

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 02:13:05 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think he's pretty good, not max worthy like many above me have said. Would be nice to add him if we were closer to being a contender.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 03:02:57 PM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Aren't there also rumors that he wants to go to the Knicks? Let him go there if he wants

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 03:44:24 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
If we can get a good deal on him then he may be a great sign. He had a 37'' max vertical after 1 year at TN which makes me believe that he has the ability to play defense at the sf position. But its all just a guess.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 04:07:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ok at the right price I guess.....

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 04:16:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Jae Crowder is a MUCH better defender and we KNOW he fits our system and he can likely be re-signed for around $5 million per year, vs. $14 million per for Harris.

Yes, Harris is a better and more efficient offensive player, but I think that Crowder is just as good overall and I think that Jae can improve his shooting.  I mean, Harris has an inside outside game with Vucevic that we clearly do NOT in Boston, allowing for more open outside shots than Jae gets in Boston.

Smitty77

Harris has a 16.6 PER on a worse team and Jae has a 14.4 PER with us thus far.  I am NOT saying Crowder is the answer for us at SF, but he is clearly a keeper long-term for our 8 man rotation in the future.

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »

Offline ctrey

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 110
Aren't there also rumors that he wants to go to the Knicks? Let him go there if he wants

I have heard the same thing. However he plays the same position Melo does so that is a bit odd.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 04:59:26 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I have heard the same thing. However he plays the same position Melo does so that is a bit odd.

Melo and Harris would be a terrible fit. Both are offense-oriented forwards who can slide between either SF or PF, but are best with the ball in their hands. Neither plays much defense, but to put into perspective how bad Harris is on defense, Melo is probably a better defender than him.

As for the Celtics having any interest in Harris, I'd hope Ainge would pass on him. He does have a nice offensive game, but for the money he will likely command this summer, I would want someone who is either a better two-way player, or a truly dominant offensive player. Harris is neither of those. Let someone else overpay for him.

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 05:01:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Melo and Harris would be a terrible fit. Both are offense-oriented forwards who can slide between either SF or PF, but are best with the ball in their hands. Neither plays much defense, but to put into perspective how bad Harris is on defense, Melo is probably a better defender than him.

As for the Celtics having any interest in Harris, I'd hope Ainge would pass on him. He does have a nice offensive game, but for the money he will likely command this summer, I would want someone who is either a better two-way player, or a truly dominant offensive player. Harris is neither of those. Let someone else overpay for him.

I agree