Author Topic: this is two games in a row that he has sat zeller  (Read 4559 times)

this is two games in a row that he has sat zeller
« on: March 28, 2015, 09:00:07 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
just when i thought zeller was hitting from outside and expanding his game,can anybody explain what brad is seeing----is it just a belief our small ball will beat theres--i must admit isiah has made a huge leap from the last game and i was wrong thinking he needed more time or less time on court-there were so many shots with nobody any where near the paint to rebound-

Re: this is two games in a row that he has sat zeller
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:30 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The sky is falling, Zeller sat out!

Zeller has not played a lot at the end of games in the last month.   Stevens played him to start both halves.   He ofted goes with the hot hands, if Zeller was hot, he'd play more rest assured.

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 09:52:33 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
well -the sky almost fell last night and against miami and detroit it did-this is only a question ,why not let zeller work through his 2 fouls and early misses,why not give him a long run,datome needs more than one shot-why not keep dumping it into zeller and attempt to get defense in foul trouble the guy was killing us from outside,we don't get to see these guys in practice is datome a great shooter-ah well this team will be transformed by next year-

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
well -the sky almost fell last night and against miami and detroit it did-this is only a question ,why not let zeller work through his 2 fouls and early misses,why not give him a long run,datome needs more than one shot-why not keep dumping it into zeller and attempt to get defense in foul trouble the guy was killing us from outside,we don't get to see these guys in practice is datome a great shooter-ah well this team will be transformed by next year-

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 11:17:10 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
just when i thought zeller was hitting from outside and expanding his game,can anybody explain what brad is seeing----is it just a belief our small ball will beat theres--i must admit isiah has made a huge leap from the last game and i was wrong thinking he needed more time or less time on court-there were so many shots with nobody any where near the paint to rebound-

I'm kind of wondering myself why his minutes are dwindling. He's seldom in the game at crunch time.

IMO if the C's weren't trying to sneak into the playoffs, I'd say they are trying to evaluate if Kelly Olynyk is a player or not.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 11:30:53 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Been thinking the same thing about KO getting the minutes he has when he has lately.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 12:58:17 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Probably because Stevens thinks that the best way to win basketball games is to put the best players available on the floor.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I think it has to do a lot with high pick and roll defense.  Teams that are putting Zeller out there having to stop the ball in their ICE defense are forcing Zeller off the floor for Crowder, Olynyk, Bass and Jerebko.

It seems we would rather have Jerebko and Crowder get posted up down low than have Zeller try to wall off a guard.  Despite what you read on these forums, Olynyk does a great job staying in front of the guy coming off the pick and keeping his hands up without fouling.  I'm sure Stevens has numbers to back up what he is doing.

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 01:38:32 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
There's something weird going on. Marcus Smart is suddenly not shooting, but he's been one of our better 3-point shooters. Zeller is suddenly not playing, even though he's our only center and he's not a bad player. Jae Crowder, who is well known for his ability to move without the ball, make good passes, and take efficient shots, is suddenly taking isos on offense.

All three of these are deliberate.

Add to this a new lineup where we're inexplicably playing Crowder at the 4 and Bass at the 5.

We got a lot of friendly whistles last night; if I was a Knicks fan who actually wanted them to win I'd have been irate.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 02:19:01 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Mobility issues, too. A lot of the teams we've been facing lately have either been going small or had a 5 out there that could stretch the floor. Many times Zeller got burnt because he can't guard out on the perimeter.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 03:19:29 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Mobility issues, too. A lot of the teams we've been facing lately have either been going small or had a 5 out there that could stretch the floor. Many times Zeller got burnt because he can't guard out on the perimeter.
wait! are you trying to tell me that a logical and rational explanation exists for not playing zeller?? well, if you keep doing this, how the heck am i supposed to keep believing conspiracy theories or follow assumptions of incompetence by others that make me look good?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Probably because Stevens thinks that the best way to win basketball games is to put the best players available on the floor.

If Zeller's not one of the team's best players, then he shouldn't be in the starting lineup. Yet he is. To me, that sends a confusing message.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This is why drafting Myles Turner is a bad idea. Lyles  would be better

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:21:59 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
This is why drafting Myles Turner is a bad idea. Lyles  would be better
que?

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 03:25:32 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I've been also wondering about this, esp. per the MIA game. He played well while he was in + MIA had little presence in the paint.