Author Topic: no inside game  (Read 1546 times)

no inside game
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:33:08 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
this is a joke-

Re: no inside game
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:16:38 PM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Sad to say but yes it is. This is why the C's miss Sully. He shot maybe too many 3s but when needed he could do some work in the post. I would like to see Smart in the post especially in a game when he has guys like Larkin, Galloway, & Hardway guarding him.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:28:17 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Celtics fans are the biggest whiners.

The NBA today is all about the three.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:41:56 PM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
I don't recognize Smart's style of play compared to how he played in college. Not sure whats up with that. He should be bullying smaller guards in the post.

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 08:50:39 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
only so much you can work on-he is a rookie and was injured but you are right getting to hoop has been met with poor results----
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:05:28 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This is why the C's miss Sully. He shot maybe too many 3s but when needed he could do some work in the post.

No one on the C's has gone on record saying they miss Sully.   No one has even said something supportive in the media.  Ainge dialed up the pressure on him and served him notice.

Sully problems are self inflicted.  We have a better winning percentage without him.   Guys defend now and we run.   Things that did not happen with his lack of conditioning.  Guys did not bother to guard Sully on his threes most of the time.  He did not run the court all the time either so they played 4 on 5 on us offensively.

Did you watch Butler if you did you would know that Stevens offense is all about motion and spreading the floor.   He is not a post up kind of guy. 

BTW, I see us getting plenty of layups which are inside shots off the cuts and ball movement.   Maybe you guys do not understand but that is an inside shot as well.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
How many threads are you going to start saying the same thing? Lol....we get it. You're not happy with it. Start a petition, call Congress, email TMZ but please no more threads about Zeller not playing!  ::)
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
this was started last night during game,with us jacking up shots and no rebounding on offensive board ,their center hitting threes-and a very uncomfortable game to watch-i have not got reply with any sort of substance as to what is going on-do i have to wait for clns

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Celtics fans are the biggest whiners.

The NBA today is all about the three.

It could be. But it helps to open up the floor when you have a threat on the inside. It works both ways actually.

You can have all the shooters you want in your team, but if your opponent can keep their defense honest and stick to them, they'll have no airspace to shoot. Having a player who can be a threat to score in the paint, and draw some defenders to squeeze in that paint will open up the court and get some space for your 3 point shooters.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 11:28:45 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
this is a joke-
the thread itself? or the celtic's inside game? or perhaps the inside game of some other team?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva