Author Topic: Sabonis with Clip Pick  (Read 9276 times)

Sabonis with Clip Pick
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching this kid play UCLA tonight.  Best player on the floor, at least tonight.  Very skilled with both hands, has post up game, needs to work on jumper. I think he can be a decent pro.  Keep an eye on him.

Should be available when we pick late first round, unless his stock keeps rising, which can happen in this crazy NCAA tournament.

Re: Sabonis with Clip Pick
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Watching this kid play UCLA tonight.  Best player on the floor, at least tonight.  Very skilled with both hands, has post up game, needs to work on jumper. I think he can be a decent pro.  Keep an eye on him.

Should be available when we pick late first round, unless his stock keeps rising, which can happen in this crazy NCAA tournament.

Sold, lol! ;D

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:01:02 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
If he's related to Arviidas Sabonis that would b a plus

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

He's his son.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think he's staying another year, the kid needs to put on some weight like his pop.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
How about the other big on Gonzaga? He was killing it on the block and had some sweet passes out of double teams. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:54:02 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:56:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

He's his son.
but luke was the offspring of bill...or was it darth?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:22:20 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
How about the other big on Gonzaga? He was killing it on the block and had some sweet passes out of double teams.

What's his name?  I didn't watch.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:02 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Przemek Karnowski. I just looked him up. He's a 7'1", 21-year-old center. He had 18 points on 8/11 shooting (I didn't see any shots outside the paint), 9 rebounds, and two highlight-reel assists (behind the back and over the shoulder) out of doubles. He's one of those guys where you say, 'Wow, he's a large human being," even when you're watching him on TV next to other large human beings.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:32:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

He's his son.

Arvidas Sabonis' son? Wow! I'd take him for sure then! If he ends up being half as good as his dad he would be a steal.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 12:10:52 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Przemek Karnowski. I just looked him up. He's a 7'1", 21-year-old center. He had 18 points on 8/11 shooting (I didn't see any shots outside the paint), 9 rebounds, and two highlight-reel assists (behind the back and over the shoulder) out of doubles. He's one of those guys where you say, 'Wow, he's a large human being," even when you're watching him on TV next to other large human beings.

I liked Karnowski's game tonight; he seems like a good post player. Sabonis seems pretty good too.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 01:40:33 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Thanks, TP.  I just saw the highlights -

;D

Edit - I'm sorry to report that, despite being 7'1" in shoes, Karnowski's wingspan is 7'0".  What is it with white guys and their short arms, lol? ;D Was their something in the water?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 01:55:51 AM by Beat LA »

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:35:09 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Only clip I could find on him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeyO_3swT-k

If he becomes as good as his dad he could become among the best bigs in the game today.

Dad was AWESOME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06usV6451ik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18tnToDLHV4

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 04:05:47 AM »

Offline Joe Green

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 25
I watched Sabonis Senior play his best years in the Euroleague. By the time he got to the NBA he was already broken down, but was still able to dominate through skill (maybe best passing Center ever) and size. If you ask people who saw him at his prime, they would say he was one of the top 5 centers of alltime. (Along with Russel, Wilt, Malone and Hakeem in my book).

It is unfair to ask his son to live up to such a level. He seems like a good player, still growing into his game.

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 04:14:38 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I watched Sabonis Senior play his best years in the Euroleague. By the time he got to the NBA he was already broken down, but was still able to dominate through skill (maybe best passing Center ever) and size. If you ask people who saw him at his prime, they would say he was one of the top 5 centers of alltime. (Along with Russel, Wilt, Malone and Hakeem in my book).

It is unfair to ask his son to live up to such a level. He seems like a good player, still growing into his game.

One can always dream :)

How awesome would it be to have another Arvydas, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, etc - today.

For me, I'll always measure Bigs by the standards I saw from the past.