Author Topic: Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson  (Read 7880 times)

Re: Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2015, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
True or false , these two would start pretty much for any other Division 1 teams?

They been a good frontcourt pair.  At times better than Towns and WCS.  No wonder Kentucky is unbeaten

Danny could very well pick both on draft night.  Have them play as a pair also

Thoughts

Both would have started on any team in the NCAA aside from Duke (lyles would not Darkari) and Wisconsin.

I like both in this draft. Lyles at #16 and Dakari at any of the latter 3 picks.

Lyles was forces to play out of position at the SF for much of his season with UK. I think his game will take some time to develop but ultimately transitions nicely to the NBA. Coming out of high school he was known as a great post scorer but couldn't really show this side of his game at UK. While not an elite athlete he is long and athletic. His physical profile play O and D is superior to Sully or KOs.

Darkari has a big frame but isn't super long. He is about the same size and length as Zeller but I expect him to add bulk while in the NBA and ultimately play around 270lbs. He is a throw back big man with a solid back to the basket game. On the right team he could really thrive on the wrong team he will struggle. He would be a great option backing up a true post center like Big AL or Hibbert early in his career.

The usefulness of Dakari vs Zeller in the nba is that he is a strong kid.  And could get even stronger.

Yes he doesn't have great wingspan , though reach is decent for a center (9'1")

He works hard and is not easily moved.  Zeller got moved without much fuss by Mozgov and Thompson.   Johnson would at least keep these guys out and he could grab the rebounds and give the other guys a chance to.  This is a small thing but can make a big difference in a playoff series
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:20:04 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Don't forget...Dakari is still very young...19 years old...doesn't turn 20 until September.

I would take him at 28.

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Don't forget...Dakari is still very young...19 years old...doesn't turn 20 until September.

I would take him at 28.
You want to wait nine years ;)

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2015, 05:56:55 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I want to get on the record that I like Trey Lyles.  I am not sure the Celtics need him but I see an underrated player who is going to give someone good value.

Not so much with Johnson.

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
They are good players could have been starters for a lot of teams. But I'm hoping for something better

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2015, 06:57:58 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Im a huge UK fan and I say do not pick Dakari Johnson!! He cant jump and has bad footwork and hands..u thought Fab Melo was bad, u have not seen nothing yet..trust me on this one folks

Obviously you're more familiar with him than I am, and these are youtube videos, lol ;D, but I like what I'm seeing from him, here, especially how he keeps the ball high on offensive rebounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIEYZFc5ESQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UjB97ki8uI

How is Lyles like Battier, though?  Battier was a 3 and D sg/sf, while Lyles is a 4.

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I like them both but would trade sully or kelly to pick them