Author Topic: Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson  (Read 7878 times)

Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson
« on: March 27, 2015, 07:02:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
True or false , these two would start pretty much for any other Division 1 teams?

They been a good frontcourt pair.  At times better than Towns and WCS.  No wonder Kentucky is unbeaten

Danny could very well pick both on draft night.  Have them play as a pair also

Thoughts

Re: Trey Lyles and Dakari Johnson
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:52:27 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I've only seen a few brief clips of Johnson, but it looks like he can score with his back to the basket.  Is that true, and isn't he slow?  What about Lyles?

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:59:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I've only seen a few brief clips of Johnson, but it looks like he can score with his back to the basket.  Is that true, and isn't he slow?  What about Lyles?

Dakari is pretty athletic, mobile.  Not explosive but like Bass.   Only 7'0 wingspan but 250 pounds, 7'0 ft tall. Really good at boxing out.Tough

Lyles is like a Olynyk. But 6'10, 7'3 wingspan. Good handles , shooter for size

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:02:38 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
True for sure!

These are both first round prospects, and I would be happy picking them at 15 and 26.

Johnson reminds me of Perkins. And Lyles is a talented scorer.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 08:04:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
True for sure!

These are both first round prospects, and I would be happy picking them at 15 and 26.

+1, I was going go say Perkins, earlier days

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 08:22:51 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
True for sure!

Last BR mock draft had Lyles going one before us and us picking Looney. Don't know much about Looney or Lyles, but from what I've heard about Johnson I'd like him if we can get him with the Clips pick.

EDIT: Actually he went a couple picks earlier than that, and I don't think they even had Johnson in the 1st round.

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:23:47 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Dakari is a very underrated player.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 11:44:11 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
I'm really liking what I'm seeing tonight out of Winslow and Poeltl

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 11:51:33 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

If we don't draft a Center in the draft, I would be THRILLED with Winslow. Kid seems cut out of the same fabric as Smart. So much effort, hustle, and intensity. Imagine Bradley, Smart, and Winslow on defense...
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 12:19:14 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
True for sure!

by "perkins, earlier days" do you mean perk's first 2 years when he averaged 2.4 points and 2.7 rebounds a game? or do you mean his "prime years" of 9.8 and 7.9. what a halcyon time (2 years!) that was, hey?

i liked perk very much. but perk has always been a role player and looked good because he was never asked to score and filled specific need for a specific team. he was a wide body needed to eat up space under the basket and show muscle, and little else since all stars surrounded him.

if johnson is perk, then i am not excited. this team can do better than that.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja

If we don't draft a Center in the draft, I would be THRILLED with Winslow. Kid seems cut out of the same fabric as Smart. So much effort, hustle, and intensity. Imagine Bradley, Smart, and Winslow on defense...
yes, but now imagine bradley, smart, and winslow shooting the basketball.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 12:38:38 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Dakari strikes me as a good value play. Maybe the next Nazy Mohammad?

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 01:07:52 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bradley is a good shooter Winslow shoots 40% from 3 and from what I've seen he passes the eye test on his shot too. Smart isn't a good shooter but is it that crazy to think he could get to am above average level shooter? I don't think so.

My issue with that grouping would be that none of them do a great job getting to the hoop.

Regardless even if Winslows shot doesn't translate and smart stays a 34% shooter, we would still have james young and Isaiah thomas coming off the bench. Those guys more than make up for any lack of shooting and scoring. Even if young doesn't turn into the offensive force I'm expect him too, I think we'd still be OK for offense.

For the record assuming we don't win the lotto Winslow is my number 1 choice for the draft if I'm Danny I'm willing to move a lot to go up In the draft and get him. I think he will be a better jimmy butler.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 01:32:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Well, we're surviving/winning with Turner there now, surely Winslow would at least eventually be an upgrade over him.  :-\

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 01:50:53 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
True for sure!

by "perkins, earlier days" do you mean perk's first 2 years when he averaged 2.4 points and 2.7 rebounds a game? or do you mean his "prime years" of 9.8 and 7.9. what a halcyon time (2 years!) that was, hey?

i liked perk very much. but perk has always been a role player and looked good because he was never asked to score and filled specific need for a specific team. he was a wide body needed to eat up space under the basket and show muscle, and little else since all stars surrounded him.

if johnson is perk, then i am not excited. this team can do better than that.

Ditto.  However, from the very little I've seen of him, lol ;D, Johnson is already a million times better than Perk was in his 'prime,' if he had one ;D, at the age of 19.  Not only is he taller at 7'0", but he can use both hands on the block, has a drop step, and, this is the big one if you're comparing him to Perk, HE KEEPS THE BALL HIGH WHEN HE GETS AN OFFENSIVE REBOUND. :o I know, it was almost too much for me, too, lol (sarcasm). ;) ;D Also, his wingspan is only slightly larger than his height, but he is more mobile than Perk ever was, even though that's not exactly saying much, lol. ;D