Author Topic: Sam Dekker  (Read 2783 times)

Sam Dekker
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This kid is for REAL!!!  Great defense due to his length and nice lateral movement.  Seems to have nice reach as well and is quite a good athlete!!!

He is fundamentally sound!!!

If we pick 15 or 16, he should be ours for the taking UNLESS he keeps putting up numbers like he did last night vs. UNC.

Thoughts???

SF of the future???

Smitty77

Re: Sam Dekker
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 10:06:58 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This kid is for REAL!!!  Great defense due to his length and nice lateral movement.  Seems to have nice reach as well and is quite a good athlete!!!

If we pick 15 or 16, he should be ours for the taking UNLESS he keeps putting up numbers like he did last night vs. UNC.

Thoughts???

SF of the future???

Smitty77

Maybe. Concern is that lacks a mid range game.  3pt shooting or drive in/score close to the basket. Teams can shut him down/make him ineffective if they play him right

He has a unorthodox release. Not sure if he can ever dribble fwd, stop and pop. Maybe can develop a floater

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:33 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Really like Dekker, Poss Clips pick?

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:53 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Dekker is projected to go at 22 on nbadraft.net:

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

He is projected to go at 21 on draftexpress.com:

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

He is projected at 20, 25, & 27 on cbssports.com:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft

He is 32 on nbadraftroom.com:

http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2015-2nd-rnd.html

I really see his stock rising after the UNC game!!  If he continues to play at that level and Wisconsin wins the National Title or makes it to the Final Four.

Smitty77

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Thoughts???

SF of the future???

Smitty77

Maybe. Concern is that lacks a mid range game.  3pt shooting or drive in/score close to the basket. Teams can shut him down/make him ineffective if they play him right

He has a unorthodox release. Not sure if he can ever dribble fwd, stop and pop. Maybe can develop a floater

You mean, the least efficient shot in basketball according to analytics? ::) Are players even allowed to take those shots anymore?  I'm only being slightly sarcastic with that last sentence, btw.  It's either a 3 or a layup now, which is insane, imo.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:51:39 PM by Beat LA »

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 07:59:02 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I like Dekker in the late first round. If we pick at 15, so far I like Jerian Grant in that spot.

Or maybe Trey Lyles.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 08:39:57 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Late first round will NEVER EVER happen now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:44:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Late first round will NEVER EVER happen now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

Yeah, he's gone, lol.  Doh! 

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 08:55:59 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
He was on fire in the second half against Arizona—hitting threes, getting to the rim, moving really well. Though I don't know how his game will translate to the NBA.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 09:19:24 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
He was on fire in the second half against Arizona—hitting threes, getting to the rim, moving really well. Though I don't know how his game will translate to the NBA.

Why exactly do you say that specifically about Dekker?????  That could be said about ANY college player, but WHY do you say that about Sam????

Please be honest.

Thanks,

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 09:22:39 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Smitty77

But the good news is that his rise makes the front end of the draft deeper, as well as Kaminsky's rise because the team made the Final Four.

I thought there were 12 guys after which there is a drop off. Now there are 14. I still take the other 12 before both these Badgers, but they'd be great fallbacks at 15 if we make the playoffs. If not, someone likely slips to us.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 09:55:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

But the good news is that his rise makes the front end of the draft deeper, as well as Kaminsky's rise because the team made the Final Four.

I thought there were 12 guys after which there is a drop off. Now there are 14. I still take the other 12 before both these Badgers, but they'd be great fallbacks at 15 if we make the playoffs. If not, someone likely slips to us.

Tremendous point!!!

Smitty77