Author Topic: No. 1 DRAFT target  (Read 3380 times)

No. 1 DRAFT target
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:03 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Who is your #1 draft target for the C's? Be realistic please! :)

My #1 draft target is Myles Turner. TONS of potential. Almost 7 feet tall, can step out and shoot the three, potential to be fantastic rim protector. I think he would fit perfectly in Steven's offense since we need a rim protector but we also like to shoot the three. He was the potential to SERIOUSLY space the floor. IT could get to the rack even easier in that system. I really like this kid. Even though he does need t put on size and expand his basketball IQ, I think at our pick (Possibly #15) Turner would be the top prospect, even if we have to move up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KsSrm95wQ

His DraftExpress scouting video

Re: No. 1 DRAFT target
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:54 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

My #1 draft target is Myles Turner. TONS of potential. Almost 7 feet tall, can step out and shoot the three, potential to be fantastic rim protector. I think he would fit perfectly in Steven's offense since we need a rim protector but we also like to shoot the three. He was the potential to SERIOUSLY space the floor. IT could get to the rack even easier in that system. I really like this kid. Even though he does need t put on size and expand his basketball IQ, I think at our pick (Possibly #15) Turner would be the top prospect, even if we have to move up.

Turner is by far the best candidate even if we pick #9. he shoots 84% ft and really can block shots. He says he has not yet grown into his body...only 18, if he can then we hit the lotto

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 09:53:38 AM »

• Ray Allen

Turner is by far the best candidate even if we pick #9. he shoots 84% ft and really can block shots. He says he has not yet grown into his body...only 18, if he can then we hit the lotto
btw anyone else think his game is better suited for the NBA?

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:47 AM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

I do. His coach was terrible.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:59:59 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

I think that is the big question. After the mess of situation in Texas, we hardly know what this kid can do or not.

My modest Nr. 1 for the 15th pick, provided there are no sliders, is Poeltl. I love the defense. Great game to prove it tonight.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

I do i think he's gonna kill it in the NBA. He's the optimal center for the C's offense. Danny needs to get him

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:10:08 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I like Turner too, he would be good value outside the top 10 and as you say, a good fit. I don't think he's a home run, though - he may not be effective from NBA 3pt range (currently sub-.300 from the college 3pt line), and if he doesn't develop that he's probably non-starter material since he is unathletic, un-quick, not especially strong, and awkward/not fluid. He has touch and length, but with mediocre tools can he be a better-than-average interior scorer? His tools also raise questions about his upside on D - he can be solid for sure based on college numbers, but will he necessarily be an upgrade over Zeller on that end?

At #15 I'd be very excited if he fell to us. At #9 though there's a lot of options I like better: Porzingis, Hezonja, WCS, Winslow, Oubre.

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »

Offline KingofDaPlayazBall

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
I would stay far away from Turner, he looks like he will be injury prone.  He is 19 and he is already not moving right.  Immobile and doesnt like to bang in the paint.  Highest bust potential out of anybody in the lottery.

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »

• Ray Allen
I would stay far away from Turner, he looks like he will be injury prone.  He is 19 and he is already not moving right.  Immobile and doesnt like to bang in the paint.  Highest bust potential out of anybody in the lottery.
I bet if he averaged more points you would not be so harsh. Read a bit into his coach/lack there of. Turner hurt his stock big time by going to UT.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
Hezonja... dude can flat out shoot ... big ,atheltic , can streatch floor ... no one like him in this draft

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Justise Winslow is Ainge's guy. Solid all around game, helps immediately.

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline oldutican

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

Agree, though Hezonja sounds like he could be a star.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

I think you're absolutely right.  I tend to believe we end up with the tenth pick, all other factors being equal in the lottery (which, unfortunately for us, they rarely are) and am afraid Winslow might be gone by then.  Don't know much about Hezonja.  And I can't figure out Turner.  I'm going to work under the theory that DA knows better than I do.  Based on my layman's point of view, I'd like Winslow.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 12:32:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the usual, unsexy answer: BPA.

we've got holes everywhere on the roster.   we have a team of bench players.  no one's a complete player where we could say we're all set at a particular position.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
the usual, unsexy answer: BPA.

we've got holes everywhere on the roster.   we have a team of bench players.  no one's a complete player where we could say we're all set at a particular position.

This is largely how I feel about it as well.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.