Author Topic: young and a first-that might get us something  (Read 5559 times)

Re: young and a first-that might get us something
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Unless we are close to banner 18, I don't see Danny including Young in a trade.
That's the king of move that most GM do and I think it's bad. Impatience leads you nowhere and you lose value in your roster. Exactly the opposite of what Danny is trying to do.
I like Danny's plan. It reminds me of chess. He's accumulating value with each move, taking little advantages at a time. And when the days come, he will be able to sacrifice pieces to put his team in a winning situation.

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 11:19:54 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Keep him future of guards:

PG: Smart/Thomas
SG: AB/Young

Thats solid depth and potential. THATS where young fits.

Keep him a few more years and see how he develops. Maybe AB could get traded if Young emerges

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 11:47:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
promote the perception,every announcer talks about his stroke  his kentucky pedigree re enforced during march madness ,his string of big games in d league,his youth,where he would be this year in draft and all those ray allen comparisons-now is perfect time to use him to draft unless next years nets pick does it-isn't kentucky's present guard supposed to be  a good shooter-are they that rare-

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
promote the perception,every announcer talks about his stroke  his kentucky pedigree re enforced during march madness ,his string of big games in d league,his youth,where he would be this year in draft and all those ray allen comparisons-now is perfect time to use him to jump up in draft, unless next years nets pick does it-isn't kentucky's present guard supposed to be  a good shooter-are they that rare-

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 11:56:35 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we don't get at least his 17th pick value in a trade, then I have no interest. He hasn't exactly lit it up this year, but he really wasn't supposed to. Unless a team is really high on him, we should at least see what we have. I don't want to see him as just a 'sweetener', but to move up into say the top 7, I guess that would work.

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Chicago had picks 16 and 19 in the draft this year; it took those two picks, a 2015 second rounder, AND taking on Anthony Randolph's contract to move up to the 11th pick from Denver. Chicago then had to use two other second rounders to dump Randolph's contract on Orlando.

James Young + the Celtics' pick isn't going to fetch a return of a top-half lottery pick.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 12:41:30 PM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:39:32 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Keep our assets.... if there is another thomas trade outthere... do it...but young and a first....?for noel maybe..

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 12:48:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
He's almost as young as (and younger than) many of the players projected to go in the lottery this year.

He's the same age as Porzingis and Poeltl. Younger than Hezonja, Kaminsky, WCS, Dunn, Portis, etc.

Only 4 months older than Okafor. 3 months older than Towns. 6-7 months older than Russell, Winslow, Mudiay, Turner etc.

So, let's ponder what things would look like if he'd stayed in the NCAA. Assuming even a small amount of improvement there's a good chance he'd be the leading scorer on the #1 team in the country.

And because of his youth he'd still have as much room for improvement as anyone else in the draft this year.

Where would he be projected in the 2015 draft?

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
He's almost as young as (and younger than) many of the players projected to go in the lottery this year.

He's the same age as Porzingis and Poeltl. Younger than Hezonja, Kaminsky, WCS, Dunn, Portis, etc.

Only 4 months older than Okafor. 3 months older than Towns. 6-7 months older than Russell, Winslow, Mudiay, Turner etc.

So, let's ponder what things would look like if he'd stayed in the NCAA. Assuming even a small amount of improvement there's a good chance he'd be the leading scorer on the #1 team in the country.

And because of his youth he'd still have as much room for improvement as anyone else in the draft this year.

assuming modest improvement, he'd probably go 13-17 in this year's draft

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Just need better bigs but at this point, Young is a project that we hope will bloom

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 01:43:18 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Unless we are close to banner 18, I don't see Danny including Young in a trade.
That's the king of move that most GM do and I think it's bad. Impatience leads you nowhere and you lose value in your roster. Exactly the opposite of what Danny is trying to do.
I like Danny's plan. It reminds me of chess. He's accumulating value with each move, taking little advantages at a time. And when the days come, he will be able to sacrifice pieces to put his team in a winning situation.

Didn't we trade Joe Johnson in a similar scenario? That sure didn't work out for us.

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Different management.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 01:50:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Keep him future of guards:

Thats solid depth and potential. THATS where young fits.

Keep him a few more years and see how he develops. Maybe AB could get traded if Young emerges
This is my take. Develop Young and he is a backup to AB or AB can his backup if Young really does turn out great. No need to trade so soon next year may be awesome.

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 02:18:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Different management.

Horrible management...

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

assuming modest improvement, he'd probably go 13-17 in this year's draft

That's right where Devin Booker is projected to go, coincidentally.