Author Topic: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?  (Read 15873 times)

Re: Isn't Boston a front runner to land Love if he leaves the Cavs ?
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I wonder if the rumored Love playing with a bad back is bothering him much more than he is letting on.

I think he has back issues ...or at least more than is being publicly revealed

Also .....IMO ....I believe Love is the type of payer to want his own legacy .   I don't think he wants to be know as the second or third best player on a championship team.  Right now he is the third best player .  The one they really don't need  with Smith there .   

I think Love feels a bit under appreciated and his skills lost on the LeDiva dream squad.

So......if your KLove.......your not old yet.....do you want to be Ray Allen and just be a small part of a championship team .....on the back of Irving and LeBrick ......or do you carve pick your own path and form a team based on your skill set not what LeBron wants.

That's why LeBron , Mello and Kobe can't be on the same team

I think KLove might want to be THE MAN .....if he chooses to leave .......I don't think he'll run out and get run over by another LeBron or Kobe bus.

If LeBron is a diva ('LeDiva'), then what exactly is Love?  At this point, I'd rather have "Butterbean" Bob Love than Kevin Love.  In fact, I'd rather have G. Love and his Special Sauce than K. Love and his Special Whine... ;)

« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:51 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Jeez, it would be pretty big if we have the stature of "playoff team" when it's time to real in the biggest FA possible this offseason.

More than being The Man or whatever, it's likely better to be part of a good to great transformation than lottery to 1st round fodder.

I would want to know I'd be joining a team that can expect to be in the playoffs for each of the 4 years of the playoffs for the whole 4 year deal.

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
You really think he will choose over us LA?   I don't.  If you draft him a WCS is a must as he needs a rim protector.

Yes , LA will only have cap room to sign 1 max free agent this year ( like the c's ). They have Julius Randle coming off a broken leg and who plays the same position. They also have a likely top 5 pick this year .

The C's have two lock down defenders at the guard position which helps Love's defense . We also have a coach in place that love has mentioned he likes Brad Stevens as a coach, he is a perfect fit into Stevens' offense , gets to be a go to guy on a playoff team in the much easier Eastern Conference .

We could bring in a rim protector next to him ( WCS,Sanders for example ) plus we have a ton of picks to add other key pieces around him .

Even though LA has a lottery pick, I think the C's have much more ammo to get deals done , already have some pieces in place to help cover up for Love's weaknesses , and will have the same type of cap room as LA over the next few years to add to him.

I think we are in much better position to land love if he is choosing for BBall reasons .

what if LA trades randle and hill for love who signs for a year, this way he gets his destination and the big payday , then LA signs rondo, (not that he necessarily deserves the max)

I know LA could just sign him and not lose randle but this way they can add another max or almost max player and Cleveland would do it just so they don't lose live for nothing? 

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2015, 10:41:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
You really think he will choose over us LA?   I don't.  If you draft him a WCS is a must as he needs a rim protector.

Yes , LA will only have cap room to sign 1 max free agent this year ( like the c's ). They have Julius Randle coming off a broken leg and who plays the same position. They also have a likely top 5 pick this year .

The C's have two lock down defenders at the guard position which helps Love's defense . We also have a coach in place that love has mentioned he likes Brad Stevens as a coach, he is a perfect fit into Stevens' offense , gets to be a go to guy on a playoff team in the much easier Eastern Conference .

We could bring in a rim protector next to him ( WCS,Sanders for example ) plus we have a ton of picks to add other key pieces around him .

Even though LA has a lottery pick, I think the C's have much more ammo to get deals done , already have some pieces in place to help cover up for Love's weaknesses , and will have the same type of cap room as LA over the next few years to add to him.

I think we are in much better position to land love if he is choosing for BBall reasons .

what if LA trades randle and hill for love who signs for a year, this way he gets his destination and the big payday , then LA signs rondo, (not that he necessarily deserves the max)

I know LA could just sign him and not lose randle but this way they can add another max or almost max player and Cleveland would do it just so they don't lose live for nothing?

Boston could do the same with Sully and a couple picks

« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2015, 10:49:38 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Another thing: our offense is tailor-made for Love. It thrives on pick-and-pop action and depends on big men making plays with the ball at the top of the key. (Love averaged 4.4 apg one year in Minnesota, and I believe he averages over 2 apg this year as basically the 3rd or 4th playmaker.)

And if Love doesn't like LeBron, will he like Kobe any better? I'd argue Kobe is more famous (with less merit right now) in LaLa Land than LeBron is in Cleveland. Remember when Kobe basically told Dwight Howard he didn't want him? Yeah, that must sound great to a prospective free agent. Someone mentioned that Love being irritated with LeBron is an anomaly in LeBron's career. Teammates being annoyed by Kobe undermining them is not something without precedent (Shaq, Malone, Dwight, Nash, etc.). 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:01:03 PM by GetLucky »

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2015, 10:52:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Boston could do the same with Sully and a couple picks

Except Sullinger is overweight and has back and foot issues, due to his weight, and Love likely wouldn't want to come here instead of LA regardless

« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2015, 12:24:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Another thing: our offense is tailor-made for Love. It thrives on pick-and-pop action and depends on big men making plays with the ball at the top of the key. (Love averaged 4.4 apg one year in Minnesota, and I believe he averages over 2 apg this year as basically the 3rd or 4th playmaker.)

And if Love doesn't like LeBron, will he like Kobe any better? I'd argue Kobe is more famous (with less merit right now) in LaLa Land than LeBron is in Cleveland. Remember when Kobe basically told Dwight Howard he didn't want him? Yeah, that must sound great to a prospective free agent. Someone mentioned that Love being irritated with LeBron is an anomaly in LeBron's career. Teammates being annoyed by Kobe undermining them is not something without precedent (Shaq, Malone, Dwight, Nash, etc.).

Tons of fairy dust and hopeful dreams in this thread.  Kobe is playing one more year and he announced his retirement.  That means he sucks it up one year and Kobe is gone.