Author Topic: Would WCS drop down to us  (Read 3486 times)

Would WCS drop down to us
« on: March 26, 2015, 05:21:13 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
a lot of teams outside the top 5 have a Good C or depth at the front court

Sacramento- cousins
Denver- jusuf nurkic is a promising young player just drafted last year
Detroit - Drummond, Monroe (possibly)
Charlotte- Jefferson , plus 2 young Pf in zeller and vonleh
Atlanta - horford, milsap
Utah- favors and gobert

The only team I see that would choose him Before us  would be Sacramento where they try pair him with cousins as a defensive rim protector to cousins offensive dominance but not sure about the chemistry between playing 2 C together and I think they would choose Porzingis not cuz he's a better player but he is versatile and fits in well with coach Karl system better than another C

I admit I didn't like WCS as he hasn't developed offensively as I have hoped
But seeing as we keep winning , our lottery chances are falling with every win

Do u think we can still get cousins at 12 or wherever we land (10- 16) ?

Re: Would WCS drop down to us
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Sacramento- cousins
Utah- favors and gobert

The only team I see that would choose him Before us  would be Sacramento where they try pair him with cousins as a defensive rim protector to cousins offensive dominance but not sure about the chemistry between playing 2 C together and I think they would choose Porzingis not cuz he's a better player but he is versatile and fits in well with coach Karl system better than another C

If the pre lottery order were held and the draft was today and assuming the top 4 are not taking WCS the order would be as follows.

Magic
Kings
Nuggets
Pistons
Bobcats
Hawks
Jazz
Celtics

Out of that list the only teams that I think pass on WCS do to current personnel are the Jazz and Pistons. Both of these teams are set with young rim protecting bigs with higher ceilings then WCS. After that he will be in play with everyone else.

Magic, would it be a bad thing to create a 3 man rotation of Vucevic , Gordan and WCS?
Kings, as you said offensive minded Cousins pairing with defensive WCS could work
Nuggets, if he is BPA they have shown a willingness to hoard big men in the past
Bobcats, Vonleh may still not be ready for PT, WCS would replace Biyombo. Also gives them a potential future 3 man rotation of Zeller, WCS and Vonleh
Hawks, seems like a great fit off the bench. Horford and Milsap can both play PF. Bringing WCS off the bench will improve their overall defense. much like the Bulls previous Noah, Boozer Gibson rotation.

That is not to say that I couldn't see the draft play out where WCS is available at 7-9 and DA makes a move to trade up for him. There are plenty of prospects with higher ceiling is this lottery and teams may be willing to pass on him figuring he will merely be a role player.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:52:22 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I could see Atlanta taking WCS or one of the SF prospects when their turn comes.  would depend which option they value more - filling a SF spot that's manned by Demarre Carroll or being able to pair either Horford or Milsap with a legit center besides Antic

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 10:50:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Wishful thinking you can never get enough athletic size.   There are things called injuries that can impact a player and this thing called free agency.

Don't get me wrong I am hoping someone drops to us, I just don't it being likely for the above stated reasons.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:09:39 AM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:06:35 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Honestly, I can totally see the Hawks taking him. After there return to prominence this year, WCS would FINALLY allow Hortford to play his natural position at 4.

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I don't think so.  If he's still available at 8 or 9, somebody's trading up.

Mike

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:13:14 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum

Sacramento- cousins
Utah- favors and gobert

If the pre lottery order were held and the draft was today and assuming the top 4 are not taking WCS the order would be as follows.

Magic
Kings
Nuggets
Pistons
Bobcats
Hawks
Jazz
Celtics

Out of that list the only teams that I think pass on WCS do to current personnel are the Jazz and Pistons. Both of these teams are set with young rim protecting bigs with higher ceilings then WCS. After that he will be in play with everyone else.

Magic, would it be a bad thing to create a 3 man rotation of Vucevic , Gordan and WCS?
Kings, as you said offensive minded Cousins pairing with defensive WCS could work
Nuggets, if he is BPA they have shown a willingness to hoard big men in the past
Bobcats, Vonleh may still not be ready for PT, WCS would replace Biyombo. Also gives them a potential future 3 man rotation of Zeller, WCS and Vonleh
Hawks, seems like a great fit off the bench. Horford and Milsap can both play PF. Bringing WCS off the bench will improve their overall defense. much like the Bulls previous Noah, Boozer Gibson rotation.

That is not to say that I couldn't see the draft play out where WCS is available at 7-9 and DA makes a move to trade up for him. There are plenty of prospects with higher ceiling is this lottery and teams may be willing to pass on him figuring he will merely be a role player.

Sorry about the cousins reference I meant WCS
But typed this post before for another thread until I realized that this could be its own thread

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 12:24:49 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Doubt he will be available. Also doubt he would make a significant difference to our current team. I've always likened him to Chandler. And while Chandler became exceptional at what he did, I think that might be his ceiling. That said, off the bench, he could probably make a significant contribution to a contender.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum

Sacramento- cousins
Utah- favors and gobert

Magic
Kings
Nuggets
Pistons
Bobcats
Hawks
Jazz
Celtics

I was under the perception that the magic wanted to resign Tobias harris and have him at the 3 with Gordon at the 4. Also their team looks like it would be a great running/high pace team. WCS may slow them down if they wanted to pair him with vucevic. 

So nuggets could take him. And try trade faried for assets. This seems like a very likely scenario now that I think about the nuggets rebuild. But they should then also trade lawson, and chandler to do a full rebuild.

Bobcats - not sure MJ would draft a C like WCS as he may falsely believe that he can build around al Jefferson, MKG and Kemba as his core to win. Also if they draft WCS they will probably trade al Jefferson who is their best player and will result in being back to the lottery after having made the playoffs just once. I think he would aim to get a guy that readily fits in with his team and try make the playoffs again.

Hawks are an interesting case cuz their front office is very smart and is one of the teams that most likely take bpa regardless of needs.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 12:27:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Willie Cauley Stein is a top 10 pick and after he gets done at the draft combines, will probably turn into a top 6 pick. The. Celtics are going to need to trade up to land WCS.

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 12:37:39 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
Wishful thinking you can never get enough athletic size.   There are things called injuries that can impact a player and this thing called free agency.

Don't get me wrong I am hoping someone drops to us, I just don't it being likely for the above stated reasons.

True,but free agency comes after the draft 

Also some players drafted have dropped because teams looked at need over bpa (regardless of how unlikely sometimes u need to consider possibilities)

my reason was a logical one

Plus WCS is a junior with a lack of development offensively over his years, teams drafting at the top usually go for potential

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 08:52:23 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
George (Lexington)
Aren't the Kings the perfect place for WCS to land? Boogie will take care of the offense for the big men, so Willie can just protect the pain, rebound, and run the floor like a maniac.

Chad Ford
Yes. He's a great fit there. Boston is another team that would love to have him. Orlando too. All need an elite rim protector and big, athletic defender.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 09:03:42 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
George (Lexington)
Aren't the Kings the perfect place for WCS to land? Boogie will take care of the offense for the big men, so Willie can just protect the pain, rebound, and run the floor like a maniac.

Chad Ford
Yes. He's a great fit there. Boston is another team that would love to have him. Orlando too. All need an elite rim protector and big, athletic defender.

with the exceptions of Philly and Utah, I think ALL teams would like to have him. 

C's right now would have the 15th pick as the 8th seed in the East so WCS is likely long gone by the time that pick comes up.  however, as of this morning, there's 3 teams in the East a half game behind them and Utah is tied with them in terms of record.  C's could very well drop to the #9 pick overnight.  WCS could very well be available at that spot.