Author Topic: CELTICS MUST TRADE ISAIAH BEFORE ITS TOO LATE  (Read 6254 times)

Re: CELTICS MUST TRADE ISAIAH BEFORE ITS TOO LATE
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 01:12:03 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
He stunk tonight, but more than likely wasn't ready to come back. 

He's a nice back-up PG.  We'll need his bench spark if we're going to make the playoffs. 

I know this thread was made in jest, but I seriously wouldn't hesitate to trade Thomas this Summer if someone wants him in a trade package. He's too small to ever be a serious starting PG.  Hopefully he can get back to dropping 20 points per night so he can get that trade value back up.
Anything is possible if the right offer comes.
Having said this, looks like they want to invest in IT long term. He has the right age, contract and qualities to be  a valuable addition to this team.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 07:51:56 AM »

Offline dwoumn

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
Besides this last game, which could have come from rust and still not being 100% (or both), Isaish Thomas has been a great addition for the C's. So why trade him? Before IT, got here the C's were all about bombing away from 3, now they are beginning to have more of a balance on offense. One thing championship teams have in common is their bench has been a big part of winning it all, so keeping IT will be huge as the C's build this team. Plus he's on a reasonable contract that allows cap space flexibility.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 08:56:10 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Seems like this was created in jest but it's right in line with a number of similar threads that proclaim that since the C's have a winning record with player X out of the line-up, player X must be a detriment to the team and therefore be traded.

Based on that criteria, IT would now be a candidate for such a thread.

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 01:27:43 AM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
To clarify this thread was 100% made to poke fun at the reactionary nature of the blog. The guy has a bad game coming off an injury which he is clearly still feeling, of course this is no cause for concern.

I love IT I love his swagger (staring down the Phoenix bench reminded me of paul pierce in nyc) I love his hustle, I love his contract and most of all I love his offense.

All these factors together, if he leads us to the playoffs with 20 and 6 type numbers could make for a very valuable piece in a trade or in our next championship team.

Since posting this thread I have become aware of the "sarcasm font" perhaps I should have used it in this thread. My apologies.

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »

Offline ViolentGhandi

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
yeah shame on Ainge - he pulled 3 steals in a single season - most GM don't manage that much in 10.

and BS is equally horrible... he makes other coaches look bad by squesing the most of a roster that everyone considers to be on the weak end of the league.

and the players are the worst.. shouldnt they accept that they are bad and play in a way that makes it easily visible to everyone. They have no reason to be hungry.. to fight in every minute on the court its not like they could win anyway........

hehe - good thing all those guys don't listens to what ppl expect them to be... its been a very entertaining season. A season in which they earned themself a lot of respect in the league. A season that has shown the team as one that allways keeps on playing no matter what the score is. They have forced good teams into games they really had to fight for their wins and with the addition of IT the team has the tools to execute in the 4th when games slow down and halfcourt sets are played all the time. We didnt have that before IT was traded here. It enables the team to win close games in the 4th. So for me there is no way we give up on him unless we get an replacement that can do the same. When you think about it for a minute you will realize that such a player would be all-star - superstar level. The sole reason for us beeing able to pick up IT is that he is considered to be too short to play as a starter on a good team. What is his "curse" clearly is our luck and if we make it into the playoffs its in large parts thanks to his scoring outbursts. He gives the team the much needed 4th quater scoring and if he appears to be not in topshape at the moment it might be do to the fact that he is most likely not at full health again but as all our guys really want to make the playoffs. Enough to risk his health in order to get the team there. I really hope it pays out.

It will be soo good to see some ppl eat their words because the team was able to proof them wrong. Too bad I will have to imagine their faces but it will still bring me great joy :D

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 02:39:40 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Trading Isaiah Thomas seems out of character. Ainge acquires assets, and he'll move them if he gets greater return on an asset than he invested, until he acquires an asset that is undervalued, then he holds onto it until he wins, or it acquires enough value to move.

He hasn't won anything yet, and IT is about the same guy value-wise as when we acquired him. Until something changes, we aren't moving him. That's where I'd place my money.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 05:40:11 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i think ainge moves him if he thinks it is the right move

thomas contract is a bargain and would fetch a 1st rounder for a team looking to upgrade their PG or upgrade their bench scoring

ainge probably keeps him for now as not many teams are looking to get him so the price is too low to sell him

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »

Offline Eric M VAN

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • No no no, not THAT "Eric M Van".
Maybe Ainge can get Theo Ratliff for him. He's long has upside, wing-span,  and is a rim protector. I also believe he's not up to anything but still may be getting paid. He also has great makeup and character
"Because there are no fours."
-- Antoine Walker when asked why he shoots so many threes

"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees."
-Jason Kidd

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2015, 09:54:22 AM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203
He stunk tonight, but more than likely wasn't ready to come back. 

He's a nice back-up PG.  We'll need his bench spark if we're going to make the playoffs. 

I know this thread was made in jest, but I seriously wouldn't hesitate to trade Thomas this Summer if someone wants him in a trade package.  He's too small to ever be a serious starting PG.  Hopefully he can get back to dropping 20 points per night so he can get that trade value back up.

At some point we have to KEEP someone! We can't trade the whole team lol. Everyone that comes here is immediately thrown into the "we need to trade him" conversation.  Are you expecting to end up with 5 all-stars after all the trading? If so, hell will have frozen over! Every team needs complimentary pieces and I see absolutely nothing wrong with IT being a comp piece to a championship team. I don't care if he's 5'2 if he can get buckets then why is he less valuable? After all, the goal of this game is to put the round ball in the hole isn't it? Who says someone needs to be at least 6 ft to make that happen?
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2015, 11:08:56 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
He was bad today and, we must trade him asap. His explosiveness is gone and will be forever.

Sounds logical to me.
Get our most valuable offensive weapon off the bench, and "trade him asap" because he was bruised on a scoring play, and had to take time out to recuperate.

On the realistic side on things, he's signed to a team friendly contract for 3 years, he's a solid weapon off the bench on any team in the NBA. Oh...and he's still young too.

If DA can get an important piece to the puzzle for him, yeah include him in a trade. Otherwise I'm missing the point.

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Ainge has always wanted Thomas. Now he has him. Our off the bench point guard of the future.
You could do worse than Smart and Thomas. The rotations last night tell you a lot. Smart sub for IT on D. IT sub for Smart on O. Rinse and repeat.

You could do way worse.

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2015, 02:44:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Stevens is the worst coach in teh NBA!  His rotations are awful and his plays from out of bounds are too fancy.  Who does he think he is?  I bet he eats arugula.  Plus, we should be losing every game intentionally, but he's too good and it's killing our draft position!  All of our guys are terrible, but they keep playing defense and making valuable 3 pointers.   Defense doesn't even show up in the box score so it's useless guys!  Get it through your thick skulls   >:(  Everyone is too good and the worst player in the NBA at the same time.  Don't even get me started on Danny!  If only we had tanked harder last year, we could have had Exum or Aaron Gordon.

I've read this twice, is it a joke or an attempt on sarcasm. What the hell does arugula have to do with fancy plays? And "Defense doesn't show up in the box score, so it's useless." ?