Author Topic: Moving Up In The Draft?  (Read 9746 times)

Re: Moving Up In The Draft?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I really want to trade up for Hezonja.  I hope we can do Sully + our pick + Young for him.  It would be worth it
Yes it would but its very unlikely if we end up with the 15th or 16 pick.  I don't think Sully had much trade value coming into a contract year.  With his injury and the latest story on his weight issues, I think his value is about zero.  Young hasn't done anything to boost his value.

I don't think Sullinger's trade value is zero, he's still a pretty talented player.

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 12:49:24 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I wouldn't be against packaging the picks we get from the nets in 2017 and 2018 to move up. With the salary cap increasing, the Nets could easily rebuild quick. Those future draft picks from the Nets are not looking as good as they were. Might as well try to sell high before those picks lose value.

I would say it could be the opposite. The cap increase is going to give almost every team real cap room going forward. With so many places to pick from, why would anyone choose the Nets? Their not even NYCs flagship franchise, and with Phil and Melo in NY, you figure anyone seeking a glamour market goes there. It wouldn't surprise me if all three of those picks ended up being somewhere in the lottery, even if it's late. The east is getting better, Brooklyn's getting much worse, and they really don't have many assets coming their way in the next four years. I don't think they'll all be lottery, but it could happen.

And that's not even getting into the ownership mess there.

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 09:28:38 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
A lot of talk about moving up from our own 1st rd pick, but assuming we land in top 12 then we're certain to get a top prospect.

The way I see it this draft has 12 guys before the drop off:
Okafor    Hezonja
Towns     Winslow
Mudiay    Turner
Russell    Oubre
Porzingis  Johnson
WCS        Looney

However, my thoughts are what do we need to package to get one of the latter guys off that list? For example, say we have the #10 pick and select Johnson. However, at #12 Turner is still there. So packaging the Clips pick, along with the Sixers 2nd rd pick this year, and what else (either players and/or draft choices) get us the #12.

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 04:52:43 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I wouldn't be against packaging the picks we get from the nets in 2017 and 2018 to move up. With the salary cap increasing, the Nets could easily rebuild quick. Those future draft picks from the Nets are not looking as good as they were. Might as well try to sell high before those picks lose value.

I would say it could be the opposite. The cap increase is going to give almost every team real cap room going forward. With so many places to pick from, why would anyone choose the Nets? Their not even NYCs flagship franchise, and with Phil and Melo in NY, you figure anyone seeking a glamour market goes there. It wouldn't surprise me if all three of those picks ended up being somewhere in the lottery, even if it's late. The east is getting better, Brooklyn's getting much worse, and they really don't have many assets coming their way in the next four years. I don't think they'll all be lottery, but it could happen.

I think the small market teams are going to struggle with the new cap structure and probably be conservative initially. At the same time, I can see over aggressive owners like the Nets getting anyone and over spending to get those players.

I just don't see how you can be optimistic that the Nets will not land at least one top talent with the new cap structure.

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 05:01:38 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I think the small market teams are going to struggle with the new cap structure and probably be conservative initially. At the same time, I can see over aggressive owners like the Nets getting anyone and over spending to get those players.

I just don't see how you can be optimistic that the Nets will not land at least one top talent with the new cap structure.
Why would a top talent want to go there and play with past their prime players. I'm much more worried that the Knicks will land a top player than the nets.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 05:05:38 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Trade both picks and anyone on the roster for Okafor.

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Or D'Angelo Russell. God, I wish it was that easy.

I think the safe bet is to move up by just a few spots. Maybe from 15 to, say, 11th pick. With be in line for the following if we're there.

Winslow
Turner
Hezonja
Jerian Grant (would love this pick actually)
Poetl
Porzingis

Any of those names would be great.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I didn't believe you until I watched this vid. This kid throws down with some nice power.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUcrZ4y_Ccg

If only KO could dunk like that...
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:18 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Pick 26 is worthless, just about every 26 pick busts out of the league. 15 also has little value. We would need to add a player on the roster to move up to the top 8..

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Can't team just lose and move up instead of packaging picks? Honestly one good tank/develop push and it's a top ten pick.

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 06:52:24 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Can't team just lose and move up instead of packaging picks? Honestly one good tank/develop push and it's a top ten pick.

Too late, hinkier-liberty baller.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 06:54:53 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Not if they go 2-9, Green shades wearing kool-aid drinker.

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Cry again next year, hinkier. TP for your wishful thinking.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Cry again next year, hinkier. TP for your wishful thinking.
Well next year they have $ and Brooklyn picks. Not a year to tank but to then truly go for playoffs. This year is a joke.

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2015, 12:27:52 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Or D'Angelo Russell. God, I wish it was that easy.

I think the safe bet is to move up by just a few spots. Maybe from 15 to, say, 11th pick. With be in line for the following if we're there.

Winslow
Turner
Hezonja
Jerian Grant (would love this pick actually)
Poetl
Porzingis

Any of those names would be great.
I would be disappointed if we got Winslow. Not because I don't like his game but I feel we have a similar player in James Young already.