Author Topic: isiah-the celts have lost enough players in prime  (Read 5578 times)

isiah-the celts have lost enough players in prime
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:33:21 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
not much discussion about how this injury could effect his game ,from shooting to driving,Some players can play injured and i hope isiah is one .Some players have advantages but is isiah the type that needs to be firing on all cylinders to be effective,bird had so many tools and never relied on speed or jumping,paul pierce--a player that loses his speed and vertical even a fraction the way he plays, also could he overcompensate and injur himself-going to the hoop is going to be like watching a frightening movie everytime he drives i'll be on the edge of my seat-

Re: isiah-the celts have lost enough players in prime
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:41:55 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
There is no reason for any long term concern, it's just a bruised back, and he will be back tonight.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:38:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Tailbone injuries can be really sore for a while, I do not know if it was that or his lower back.   But coccyx injuries hurt I have read.   My wife hurt hers once and it lasted forever.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:48:36 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Tailbone injuries can be really sore for a while, I do not know if it was that or his lower back.   But coccyx injuries hurt I have read.   My wife hurt hers once and it lasted forever.
geez, it must have happened a REALLY long time ago!  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:33 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

I broke my coccyx bone when I was 17. I'm 27 now and it still hurts  :'(

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I read this title and thought he'd died.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
i feel like jeff goldbloom in jurassic park-with his phd in chaos and with t rex bearing down says -"i hate being right"

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:01:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I thought it was Detroit's Isiah, because of the spelling, talking about Bias and Lewis.

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »

Offline 35Lewis

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 42
This is like my 2 year old daughter asking me for a cracker and I name off everything in the pantry that I thought she said, as she gets angrier and angrier that I don't get it.

I think the OP is just saying he's worried that IT is going to become like TJ Ford and have lingering issues or be paranoid that it's gonna happen again.  I think it was a fluke kind of injury but that stuff happens when you're so light and you leave your feet.

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

I thought it was Detroit's Isiah, because of the spelling, talking about Bias and Lewis.
So did I. I was wondering who died that Isiah was talking about.

Doesn't really make sense to talk about Isiah's injury in discussion about guys dying. Every team has players who get injured in prime and are never effective again. Not every team has sudden deaths at a young age.

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:17 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
isiah isn't right  and brad kept playing him-,the heat are decimated ,we don't need to play isiah

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
not much discussion about how this injury could effect his game ,from shooting to driving,Some players can play injured and i hope isiah is one .Some players have advantages but is isiah the type that needs to be firing on all cylinders to be effective,bird had so many tools and never relied on speed or jumping,paul pierce--a player that loses his speed and vertical even a fraction the way he plays, also could he overcompensate and injur himself-going to the hoop is going to be like watching a frightening movie everytime he drives i'll be on the edge of my seat-
"i hate being right"jeff goldbloom as t rex bears down on jeep-when isiah hit ground i had a t rex moment. i think an explanation is due was this psycology,loyalty,trainers program or brad did you think you were still going to come back-miami guard from d league -zeller is shooting almost 50%exageration but he sat on bench-and he can shoot foul shots

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 11:32:16 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
"i hate being right"jeff goldbloom as t rex bears down on jeep-when isiah hit ground i had a t rex moment. i think an explanation is due was this psycology,loyalty,trainers program or brad did you think you were still going to come back-miami guard from d league -zeller is shooting almost 50%exageration but he sat on bench-and he can shoot foul shots

He was rusty, which was to be expected. However, your title makes it sound as though this is a hobbling Roy Hobbs going up to bat with blood soaking through his uniform. It's not career threatening and nothing happened yesterday by him playing, from a physical standpoint, so it might be best to hold off on the self gratification and "I hate being right" quotes, when you know, nothing happened.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
best to hold off on the self gratification and "I hate being right" quotes, when you know, nothing happened.

"Eddie20's campaign of gratuitously editing the output of the average CB'er was first crystalized in early spring of 2015." The interweb historians will write.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
best to hold off on the self gratification and "I hate being right" quotes, when you know, nothing happened.

"Eddie20's campaign of gratuitously editing the output of the average CB'er was first crystalized in early spring of 2015." The interweb historians will write.

You're verbose, I give you that.