Author Topic: With the Celtics' and Clippers' picks I think the best we could realistically...  (Read 16139 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Imo Danny is going to try his best to package the 1sts plus late 2nd to get a 7-8 pick.  Wouldnt be surprised if he attempts to get hezonja or porzingis (top level international talents). 

Keep that 76ers pick to draft a guy like Jarell Martin, Dakari Johnson , Christian wood to replace Bass

This is what I'm hoping for, I want us to move up to get Porzingis and we need to do anything to get him.
I think we'll need to offer more than that though.
I think the minimum to get a pick from say, Detroit at number 7 or 8 in exchange for our #14 or #15 is an enormous price.
either:

2015 Celtics first round pick #15
+2015 Clippers pick#25
+Olynyk

or

2015 Celtics pick+
a Brooklyn pick+
2nd rounder

Pistons will not wait for Porzingis imo. But Danny might this time. Especially if he believes porzingis is going to be the next kg

Detroit more than likely to give up Hezjonja for say Harrell and Martin. Or if they lose Jackson somehow ,go for Rozier, Jerian Grant or Delon Wright

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Imo Danny is going to try his best to package the 1sts plus late 2nd to get a 7-8 pick.  Wouldnt be surprised if he attempts to get hezonja or porzingis (top level international talents). 

Keep that 76ers pick to draft a guy like Jarell Martin, Dakari Johnson , Christian wood to replace Bass

This is what I'm hoping for, I want us to move up to get Porzingis and we need to do anything to get him.
I think the minimum to get a pick from say, Detroit at number 7 or 8 in exchange for our #14 or #15 is an enormous price.
either:

+2015 Clippers pick#25
+Olynyk

or

2015 Celtics pick+
a Brooklyn pick+
2nd rounder

Pistons will not wait for Porzingis imo. But Danny might this time. Especially if he believes porzingis is going to be the next kg

Detroit more than likely to give up Hezjonja for say Harrell and Martin. Or if they lose Jackson somehow ,go for Rozier, Jerian Grant or Delon Wright

Couldn't be more further from the truth...

Thon Maker is the next KG, lets be honest here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VFbiqe0kQ

Would like to package picks to try to pick up Kelly Oubre, and buy maybe a second round pick to snatch Caris Lavert.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

either:

+2015 Clippers pick#25
+Olynyk

or

2015 Celtics pick+
a Brooklyn pick+
2nd rounder

Would like to package picks to try to pick up Kelly Oubre, and buy maybe a second round pick to snatch Caris Lavert.

We already have James Young. We dont another lefty that cant dribble with their right hand

Porzingis is closer to kg than he compares to anyone else.

If you disagree. Tell me who does he compare to then?

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 927

Hey, I'd give all of our picks this year for a 7-8.  I just don't think the counter-party would agree to it.

Mike

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
There are some interesting players in the Clippers / 2nd rounder range

Delon Wright - 6'5" PG that averages 15 points, 5 assists and 51.8 FG%.
Timothe Luwawu - 6'7" SG from France, 19 years old
Aleksandar Vezenkov - 6'9" SF playing in the Greek league and averaging like 20 points

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Aleksandar Vezenkov - 6'9" SF playing in the Greek league and averaging like 20 points
Question for all the people who suggest we draft foreign players. How do you know who is good? I have an irrational dislike of foreign prospects because I often know less about them than their american counterparts.

PS- I think Wright would be a good pick and I like the guy from France as a second round pick who we could let develop before bringing him over.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
If the Celtics believe Montrezl Harrell can play center, they should take him.

I'd love Malik Pope with the Clippers pick, as well. If he's really this good of a shooter and handler on the perimeter, he's going to be a stud wing.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Wait... does *anyone* think Montrezl Harrell will play center in the NBA?

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

either:

+2015 Clippers pick#25
+Olynyk

or

2015 Celtics pick+
a Brooklyn pick+
2nd rounder

Whoa that dude got game. Never seen that dude play before.

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I'd love Malik Pope with the Clippers pick, as well. If he's really this good of a shooter and handler on the perimeter, he's going to be a stud wing.
I kind of agree with this. He's super long and can leap but I'm not impressed with his lateral quickness. I think he's more suited for the 5.

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Excluding a couple of Center prospects who would go #1 or #2 overall (Okafor, Towns), I think Ainge has 1 guy who's above every other Guard/SF/PF on his big board.

Justise Winslow

Just my hunch, but I think Ainge would draft Winslow ahead of Russell, Mudiay, or Stanley Johnson, & quite possibly over a couple bigs scheduled to go 3, 4, or 5.

I think Ainge does what it takes via trading up to land Winslow.  The price might be too steep though if the C's make the playoffs.  We shall see.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Excluding a couple of Center prospects who would go #1 or #2 overall (Okafor, Towns), I think Ainge has 1 guy who's above every other Guard/SF/PF on his big board.

Justise Winslow

Just my hunch, but I think Ainge would draft Winslow ahead of Russell, Mudiay, or Stanley Johnson, & quite possibly over a couple bigs scheduled to go 3, 4, or 5.

I think Ainge does what it takes via trading up to land Winslow.  The price might be too steep though if the C's make the playoffs.  We shall see.
I love Winslow he seems like a more advanced Jimmy Butler to me.

I kind of agree with this. He's super long and can leap but I'm not impressed with his lateral quickness. I think he's more suited for the 5.
Id love Pope as well, but I think he it makes more sense for him to go back to school. He is so raw, if he puts it together in the next year in college he could be a top 5 pick. That being said he has increidible potential, and if we could get him  at 25 that could turn into the steal of the draft. He  is 6'10" and can shoot the three and has great quickness.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:58:38 PM by mahcus smaht »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Justise Winslow

Id love Pope as well, but I think he it makes more sense for him to go back to school. He is so raw, if he puts it together in the next year in college he could be a top 5 pick. That being said he has increidible potential, and if we could get him  at 25 that could turn into the steal of the draft. He  is 6'10" and can shoot the three and has great quickness.
I was agreeing on Harrell. I haven't really seen Pope play.

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Justise Winslow

I was agreeing on Harrell. I haven't really seen Pope play.
Ya, thats my bad I meant to link just his comment.

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Question for all the people who suggest we draft foreign players. How do you know who is good? I have an irrational dislike of foreign prospects because I often know less about them than their american counterparts.

PS- I think Wright would be a good pick and I like the guy from France as a second round pick who we could let develop before bringing him over.

The two best indicators for casual observers to pay attention to are:

1.) What League They Play In: The Spanish and Greek Leagues are the second and third best leagues in the world.  Maybe the D-League is better than Greece, but it's close.  Spain is definitely better than the D-League though.  The kids in these leagues are typically playing against grown men that are all very good and thus are getting better competition than college on the whole. 

In addition, the scouting in those leagues are good, so the players that are there are usually already vetted.  The coaches and training staffs are all very good.  Even more - there is a lot of footage available to our scouts, so we have a clear picture of their strengths and weaknesses.   If their defensive fundamentals or shot looks good in the Spanish League, then that's a great start.  The players that have come out of Spain recently include both the Gasols, Ricky Rubio, Ibaka and Scola.  Other interesting leagues are France, China and any Eastern European team that qualifies for the Adriatic League (ABA) - it's like the Champions' league in soccer for the best Eastern European teams.

2.) Size and Age: If they have elite size for their position, are young and  play in Spain or Greece professionally, then that's a great start.  For instance, think of Greek Freak vs Exum.  Exum was playing against fat rec league players masquerading as a real league that we only got grainy footage of, while the Freak was playing against professional basketball players.  Sure he looked raw, but he was getting much better training.

That is why people like Mario Hezonja so much - Spanish league, elite size, still young and he's a starter on FC Barcelona right now.  The Spanish League players bust less overall than college players.