Author Topic: Real housewives of the NBA Cavs version  (Read 5356 times)

Re: Real housewives of the NBA Cavs version
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Do people actually watch "professional wrestling??"

To each their own, but I just don't understand how people enjoy watching it. I have a ton of friends back home who love it, and I still just don't get the fascination with it.

Though, many would say the same thing about our fascination with Celtics basketball.  ;)

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Do people actually watch "professional wrestling??"

To each their own, but I just don't understand how people enjoy watching it. I have a ton of friends back home who love it, and I still just don't get the fascination with it.

Though, many would say the same thing about our fascination with Celtics basketball.  ;)

I watched wrestling as a kid, and was re-introduced to it in college by a roommate.  Beyond the matches themselves, I think the WWE is a really interesting study in marketing and psychology.  The way Vince McMahon can take a popular wrestler -- Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Steve Austin, etc. -- and make him a villain overnight fascinates me.  Literally overnight, an entire arena will cheer a guy, and then on command, boo him the next night.  If McMahon demands decides the guy is a hero again, the crowd will support that, too.

I haven't seen any wrestling at all in at least a decade.  The Chris Benoit murder / suicide took any desire to watch even for old time's sake away.  I still think it's interesting, though, a lot like the early seasons of Survivor were interesting:  it's amazing how people can be pushed into making decisions that aren't really based on any sort of logic.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2015, 12:50:21 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
No accounting for taste, I suppose.  :P

It's one of those those things that's not made for everybody.  It's a special kind of performance art mixed with insane athleticism and what those guys put their bodies through should command respect from anyone who understands pain too well.  The fans appreciation for it goes beyond what seems ridiculous to you (the scripted ending of matches and soap opra drama and whatnot).  One of those things you either get or you don't.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2015, 12:55:47 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Here's just more fuel to add to the fire. I agree with Love's statement here choosing Westbrook over James, but I almost feel it's necessary to choose your teammate over another player. Once again, it's probably not a big deal, but it seems that every week more and more clues come out that show this relationship isn't nearly as good as it was supposed to be.  I still do think that if the Cavs don't win it all this year, a 1-year max from a team could convince him to leave for greener pastures where he can be "the man" again. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2406693-kevin-love-says-russell-westbrook-is-having-a-better-season-than-lebron-james

EDIT: So everyone knows, I have a great disdain for BR's Dan Favale, and I only posted the article to show the entire quote.