Author Topic: Real housewives of the NBA Cavs version  (Read 5352 times)

Real housewives of the NBA Cavs version
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
I know I am in someway contributing to it by sharing the story, but ESPN has continued their mini series on the Cavs season and the relationship between Lebron and Love today. I guess ESPN keeps writing this stuff because people like me keep clicking on it and laughing about it.

In the latest episode, Lebron James posted a picture of him and a bunch of teammates on his instagram and did not include Love. ESPN asked Love about the picture and he said he thought he would be in the next one.

On the basketball front, Love was benched for the 4th period of the Cavs game yesterday for the 4th time this season. Also summarizing his relationship with Lebron Love writes

"It's fine,"  "You know, we're not best friends, we're not hanging out every day, but we see each other every day, whether at the practice facility, whether on the road or going to a game."

What happens on next weeks episode?

Re: Real housewives of the NBA Cavs version
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't know about next week, but I'm guessing the June edition is:  Cavs win NBA title.  That team is going to be tough to beat.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

On the basketball front, Love was benched for the 4th period of the Cavs game yesterday for the 4th time this season. Also summarizing his relationship with Lebron Love writes

"It's fine,"  "You know, we're not best friends, we're not hanging out every day, but we see each other every day, whether at the practice facility, whether on the road or going to a game."

Wow....lot of "love" oozing out of that quote. ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 04:30:26 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
You don't have to be best friends with your coworkers.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

In the normal world of employment you don't. However, in the normal world you are also not constantly asked about your friendship with your coworker and if you will consider working at a different company in a few months by the media.

It also is pretty weird for me that Lebron is 30 and is putting up photos of himself with his teammates and calling them his clique. That seems like something a sophomore in high school would do. I am 32 so not a huge difference, and I wouldn't understand it if one of my friends was doing this.

I will say this is probably more of a not understanding instagram and pictures on social media issue than a lebron issue I suppose.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

I don't know about next week, but I'm guessing the June edition is:  Cavs win NBA title.  That team is going to be tough to beat.

I really don't see that happening. The Cavs still have serious lulls and issues I don't think they can overcome in a 7 game series against whoever wins the West. Yes they can sleepwalk through a half against a team like Milwaukee and still pound them, but I think a team like Memphis, Spurs or Golden State all has a distinct advantage over them in having been together for 3 or 4 years versus the Cavs having played like 50 games together.

I guess this all goes out the window if we see some 2006 style officiating. However, with the new NBA report cards I am reluctantly believing we will see less of that.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

In the normal world of employment you don't. However, in the normal world you are also not constantly asked about your friendship with your coworker and if you will consider working at a different company in a few months by the media.

Yeah, I think the media spotlight intensifies this stuff so much more.

Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett (pre-Boston), etc., etc. are just some of the NBA champions not to be great friends with their teammates.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

It also is pretty weird for me that Lebron is 30 and is putting up photos of himself with his teammates and calling them his clique. That seems like something a sophomore in high school would do. I am 32 so not a huge difference, and I wouldn't understand it if one of my friends was doing this.

I will say this is probably more of a not understanding instagram and pictures on social media issue than a lebron issue I suppose.
Valid points. I'd say that LeBron, who makes his living playing a childrens game, having missed college, and never really being required to "grow up," could be forgiven for acting youthful (or, to speak cynically, marketing his actions to the kids and adults who buy his shoes and gear).

On the other hand, I mean, Angus Young wore the same schoolboy uniform for decades. Flavor Flav still rocks giant clocks. Some people stick with a specific thing.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:52:38 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

When you are quoted saying "we are not best friends" to me sounds like it is somewhat worse than that in real life.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:07:42 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
But that's because you're taking it out of context.

Here you go:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12543259
Everything is a referendum on how you feel about everything this season, and LeBron James will put a picture up on Instagram in which he says "here's my clique," and there's a bunch of guys in the picture and you're not one of them, and people will immediately start drawing assumptions based on that. How is your relationship with LeBron?

A:It's fine. You know, we're not best friends. We're not hanging out every day, but we see each other every day whether at the practice facility, whether on the road or going to a game. I think our relationship is also evolving. I could say the same with each and every coach, coach Blatt, and each and every player on the team. That's part of the NBA. As I've said all along, as long it's for the greater good then it's fine. I'm sure that, you know, he's going to have me in the next picture. We'll see.

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:36:57 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Oh god they can't make more of a mess of this, can they?  It's really in play for Love to come here, although granted he'll probably go to LA

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Since LeBron James returned to the lineup in mid-January, Cleveland is 27-7 while averaging 112.1 points per 100 possessions. That's tops in the league in both categories

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2015/week/21

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 06:06:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Since LeBron James returned to the lineup in mid-January, Cleveland is 27-7 while averaging 112.1 points per 100 possessions. That's tops in the league in both categories

It is a nice stat but doesn't really amount to anything... the warriors and hawks have had similar stretches this year.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 07:02:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It is a nice stat but doesn't really amount to anything... the warriors and hawks have had similar stretches this year.

Sure.  It doesn't mean a lot, other than that the Cavs are playing extremely good basketball right now.  I think they're 39-9 in the last 48 games they've played with Lebron (and that includes losses in the game before his injury and a loss his first game back).  That's a 81%+ winning percentage, which would put the Cavs on pace for 67 wins.

Once the Cavs got through their initial gelling time, they've been absolutely elite.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 07:07:20 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 07:15:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Sure.  It doesn't mean a lot, other than that the Cavs are playing extremely good basketball right now.  I think they're 39-9 in the last 48 games they've played with Lebron (and that includes losses in the game before his injury and a loss his first game back).  That's a 81%+ winning percentage, which would put the Cavs on pace for 67 wins.

Once the Cavs got through their initial gelling time, they've been absolutely elite.

What do you think the Cavs record would be if they played 70% of those games against teams in the West? They are 18-15 on the year against teams that are over .500. I am not saying they haven't been playing really good ball, but to say they are playing better than the teams out West seems like an unfair comparison.