Author Topic: Draft Express Scouting Videos  (Read 9826 times)

Draft Express Scouting Videos
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey all, the Draft Express scouting videos for the 2015 draft are starting to come out today. Wanted to start this thread to post them and discuss what you see in the videos. (also if someone could help me out with how to post youtube videos I would appreciate it)

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Myles-Turner-NBA-Draft-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Breakdown-4845

On Myles Turner I think his upside is high because of his length and shooting potential. Sure he is awkward and might have trouble playing certain defenses against the pick and roll (if you sit him in the paint and let him wait for the ball to come to him I think he can block a lot of shots). His rim protection potential is probably better than anyone in the draft besides Towns and WCS, so I think he would be a good pick for us.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Re: Draft Express Scouting Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:59:11 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I just post the URL for the YouTube video.

I think there must be some built in code here that automatically embeds the YouTube video into the post for you.

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hey all, the Draft Express scouting videos for the 2015 draft are starting to come out today. Wanted to start this thread to post them and discuss what you see in the videos. (also if someone could help me out with how to post youtube videos I would appreciate it)

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Myles-Turner-NBA-Draft-Scouting-Report-and-Video-Breakdown-4845

On Myles Turner I think his upside is high because of his length and shooting potential. Sure he is awkward and might have trouble playing certain defenses against the pick and roll (if you sit him in the paint and let him wait for the ball to come to him I think he can block a lot of shots). His rim protection potential is probably better than anyone in the draft besides Towns and WCS, so I think he would be a good pick for us.

The draftexpress videos won't work outside of their website/youtube anymore.

Turner got rocked against Kentucky's frontcourt.   Even Jarrell Martin who is a 6'10, with 6'10 wingspan did better. 

Turner has ways to go. He might not even declare

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 04:12:05 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
He'd be an excellent pick for us. Not only does he fill a need for us, but he has huge upside. He's actually a lot more mobile than people give him credit for became his gait is awkward. In fact, he's pretty athletic for a big.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

Turner got rocked against Kentucky's frontcourt.   Even Jarrell Martin who is a 6'10, with 6'10 wingspan did better. 

I agree he has a ways to go. He probably is best of declaring because of his injury risk and terrible fit in Texas' system.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Turner is gone. He insured his body for a ton of money, which you generally don't do unless you're entering the draft.
DKC Suns

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

He certainly has a ways to go, but where he goes once he gets there will be a better place than a lot of people drafted before him.

I like him because he has high upside and with the amount of firsts we have, we can afford to gamble on high upside players.

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 04:33:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He certainly has a ways to go, but where he goes once he gets there will be a better place than a lot of people drafted before him.

I like him because he has high upside and with the amount of firsts we have, we can afford to gamble on high upside players.

I don't know. You just don't risk 10-14 pick on Turner imo.  We need that 10-14 to be a solid pick

I rather draft Poetl (not a big fan) or Moussa Diagne later.   

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 04:36:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

I don't know. You just don't risk 10-14 pick on Turner imo.  We need that 10-14 to be a solid pick

When everyone is healthy we have a very deep team, what we need is stars. Drafting someone with a higher potential is the best way to find a star even if there is more risk associated with that player.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 04:39:34 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Poetl seems slow and should be finishing above the rim more often. I think it's a little concerning how often he has to put it off the glass in this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZIiqrWJAuQ

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 04:40:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

When everyone is healthy we have a very deep team, what we need is stars. Drafting someone with a higher potential is the best way to find a star even if there is more risk associated with that player.

let me ask you something. If Turner has that much potential, why is he even going to fall to 14?

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:00 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

let me ask you something. If Turner has that much potential, why is he even going to fall to 14?

People are overreacting.  He had two bad games that just happened to happen at the end of the season.  My biggest problem is that the coach yanked all his minutes after he was playing well mid season, that is a bigger red flag to me than either of the games.  My impression was that the team was dysfunctional, the coach was bad and the PG had trouble getting him the ball.  Turner still looks like a top 14 pick to me

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 04:58:02 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

It's because of the risk associated with a big man that move awkwardly.

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 06:21:17 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

How is Poetl any more of a solid pick than Turner?  They both are young raw potential guys.  Their 1st years stats are reasonably close but Turner's the better shooter and has 3pt range. 

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

How is Poetl any more of a solid pick than Turner?  They both are young raw potential guys.  Their 1st years stats are reasonably close but Turner's the better shooter and has 3pt range.

Poetl moves better than Turner. Runs better. 

These things matter under CBS system