Author Topic: 2015 Darkhorse draft pf/c prospects: Jarell Martin and Moussa Diagne  (Read 12287 times)

Re: 2015 Darkhorse draft pf/c prospects: Jarell Martin and Moussa Diagne
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 11:11:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Martin reminds me more of Bass than Randle.  That's not a knock... I'd happily take a Bass with a late first...
  A 6-10 Bass would be nice.

Has a shorter wingspan but is a little more explosive than Bass
Martin is going to be drafted in the 1st round . his frontcourt partner Mickey should stay back another year and work on his jump shot/post game

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 12:00:48 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Moussa Diagne  sounds good for our first second round pick but I would work him out first and make sure that these highlights are not misleading as highlights often are.   Strength is something that can be built.   He looks like he might fill out into a Jermaine O'Neal type body at best which is not chopped liver.

I agree.  Only highlights but I liked the way he fights to deny the entry passes.   He looks like he doesn't shy away from the physical stuff eith

He is in the Spanish League which is actually pretty good with their own scouting.  A lot of good players have come out of there and it's the second best league in the world.  I got a lot more interested when I saw he was from there

Moussa Diagne jumps off the screen. Hes clearly strong especially from the lower body and some of those clips show Bruce Bowen like hands. He's a pest, he's probably going to muck up every game he enters and may never develop into a true post player but while he's around the basket he'll make the shooter think twice and that might provide more rim protection than a highlight reel full of globetrotter blocks ever could.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Moussa Diagne  sounds good for our first second round pick but I would work him out first and make sure that these highlights are not misleading as highlights often are.   Strength is something that can be built.   He looks like he might fill out into a Jermaine O'Neal type body at best which is not chopped liver.

I agree.  Only highlights but I liked the way he fights to deny the entry passes.   He looks like he doesn't shy away from the physical stuff eith

He is in the Spanish League which is actually pretty good with their own scouting.  A lot of good players have come out of there and it's the second best league in the world.  I got a lot more interested when I saw he was from there

Moussa Diagne jumps off the screen. Hes clearly strong especially from the lower body and some of those clips show Bruce Bowen like hands. He's a pest, he's probably going to muck up every game he enters and may never develop into a true post player but while he's around the basket he'll make the shooter think twice and that might provide more rim protection than a highlight reel full of globetrotter blocks ever could.

I agree.  Diagne could really rise in the draft. But im reading on some profile pages he might not declare until the 2016 draft

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2015, 05:15:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I wonder if Martin lost a few more pounds, if he can play some sf.

Really like Martin size, explosiveness for size and can do a little bit of everything. Good motor. Just needs to play with a bit more toughness and refine his shooting stroke

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 10:08:24 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

Really like Martin size, explosiveness for size and can do a little bit of everything. Good motor. Just needs to play with a bit more toughness and refine his shooting stroke

Well, look at it this way: If we draft Martin and keep Sully, we'd get economies of scale with Weight Watchers.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 10:24:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Well, look at it this way: If we draft Martin and keep Sully, we'd get economies of scale with Weight Watchers.

Mike

Martin has lost weight since his freshman year

He is quicker, more athletic vs Sully.

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 03:47:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I agree.  Diagne could really rise in the draft. But im reading on some profile pages he might not declare until the 2016 draft

This is what Ford said about Diagne

Moussa Diagne, C, Senegal

Diange has the size of an NBA center, standing 6-11 with a 7-4 wingspan. He has an NBA body, is a physical rebounder, and while his numbers aren't wowing anyone, he is playing roughly 14 minutes a game in the ACB and averaging four rebounds a game. He's not a great scorer yet, nor is he an explosive, above-the-rim type of athlete. But he moves well, he plays really hard, and could end up being a serviceable backup in the league.

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 03:58:45 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39

[/quote]

Diange has the size of an NBA center, standing 6-11 with a 7-4 wingspan. He has an NBA body, is a physical rebounder, and while his numbers aren't wowing anyone, he is playing roughly 14 minutes a game in the ACB and averaging four rebounds a game. He's not a great scorer yet, nor is he an explosive, above-the-rim type of athlete. But he moves well, he plays really hard, and could end up being a serviceable backup in the league.
[/quote]

he looks like an explosive athlete to me

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 04:27:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ford needs some new glasses. 

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I'd like to see more of him to have an opinion. However, if he were that athletic, especially combining that athleticism with his age, size, and wingspan, then surely he would have to be projected higher than the late 2nd rd both ESPN and DExpress have him going. I understand he's raw, but teams draft based mostly on potential so something isn't adding up.

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I'd like to see more of him to have an opinion. However, if he were that athletic, especially combining that athleticism with his age, size, and wingspan, then surely he would have to be projected higher than the late 2nd rd both ESPN and DExpress have him going. I understand he's raw, but teams draft based mostly on potential so something isn't adding up.

Unfortunately he is closer to a biyombo in terms of skill level (minimal)with noels body

He is tenacious but could be overpowered by stronger nba centers and get outwit by nba calibre pfs.

He cant be worse than capela . i would take a risk and use one of our mid 2nds to grab him. If danny sees something even with our 76ers 2nd.  Draft and stash. Danny has the luxury to do this finally

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Unfortunately he is closer to a biyombo in terms of skill level (minimal)with noels body

He is tenacious but could be overpowered by stronger nba centers and get outwit by nba calibre pfs.

He cant be worse than capela . i would take a risk and use one of our mid 2nds to grab him. If danny sees something even with our 76ers 2nd.  Draft and stash. Danny has the luxury to do this finally

Ok, but that still doesn't make sense. Biyombo was the #7 pick, Noel the # 6, and Capela #25. Diagne is 21, nearly 7 foot tall, and has a great wingspan. Yet, he's projected to go #57 by Draft Express and #44 by Ford. Again, it doesn't make sense. Either he has no basketball skills whatsoever or isn't as athletic as you might believe.

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Ok, but that still doesn't make sense. Biyombo was the #7 pick, Noel the # 6, and Capela #25. Diagne is 21, nearly 7 foot tall, and has a great wingspan. Yet, he's projected to go #57 by Draft Express and #44 by Ford. Again, it doesn't make sense. Either he has no basketball skills whatsoever or isn't as athletic as you might believe.

Biyombo would not go #7 if that draft was redone.

Capela was #25 and I like him also but in a strong draft prob goes early in the 2nd round

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Biyombo would not go #7 if that draft was redone.

Capela was #25 and I like him also but in a strong draft prob goes early in the 2nd round

Agreed, but that's with the benefit of hindsight. The point is that teams draft based on upside and apparently his upside isn't high enough to have him projected anywhere, but the latter part of the 2nd round.