Author Topic: Is Khris Middleton the Celtics most likely attainable free agent this o/season?  (Read 43751 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
http://stats.nba.com/featured/sport
vu_bulls_bucks_gm2_2015_04_20.html

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
How about instead of committing a bunch of money to sign Middleton, we try and trade for Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler, or even both?

Both have legit wing size and demonstrated scoring ability, with the positional and skillset diversity Stevens prizes.

They're both expiring contracts next year and are young enough that they might be worth signing beyond next year.  I imagine it would be possible to trade for either or both without giving up all that much.

I have been beating the Gallinari drum for a while now on this board.  If Denver decides to tank I think we could get him for the Rondo trade exception and a protected first round pick and/or a second. 

Another option could be Gallinari for the Rondo Exception, the Clippers pick and the T-Wolves pick(s). With a separate part of the trade being Wallace goes to Denver for the McGee exception and a second. 

That second option would extend both teams exceptions another year while the Celts can still sign a free agent this summer and Denver gets better picks for agreeing to take on Wallace's contract for the season.
The problem with Gallinari right now is whether his knees are going to hold. The Nuggets had to give him a lot of time off this season.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The knees are a big issue, I do not want to overpay anyone.

We do need a guy who can create their own shot.   IT was a great addition, we really need another player of that caliber or above on this team as the last few minutes of last night showed.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The more I look at it the more Middleton seems like the perfect addition for us.

A much delayed TP to OP as I had been lukewarm when this thread started but now it is the #1 realistic move I think we should make.

He just adds a ton of flexibility to move AB and move up in the draft or just as easily keep AB.

The other guy I love is Robin Lopez. A 27 year old rim protector who isnt terrible on O and would be affordable. I think you can add Lopez and Middleton, then package AB, KO/Zeller, and picks to get our SF of the future in the draft be it Winslow (unlikely) or Stanley Johnson or Hezonja.

That way we not only improve immediately but we would still have room to add a max player next year and wed be able to add a high level talent at the 3

Smart IT4
Turner Young
Middleton Johnson
Sully
Lopez Zeller

Say Middleton costs you 15 mil and Lopez costs you 10. You still have 10 mil cap space to bring back crowder or Jerebko or you could even move Wallace with a first and then be able to sign a max guy. or just keep it till next year where you can sign a max guy and then some with cap escalation coinciding with Wallace coming off the books. You could be talking ~35 mil in space.

I mean imagine if we could get rid of Wallace say bye to Crowder etc then sign Aldridge or Love to 20 mil contract. Then next year the 22 mil cap increase would allow us to add another very good player as then we would probably be in that 1 player away zone.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Middleton is growing on me .  Very confident shooter . 

Does he replace AB?

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
He is growing on me .  Very confident shooter . 

Does he replace AB?
Ideally I think he does but his versatility would make it so you can still hold the upper hand in AB negotiations.

they could easily play next to eachother but only if Smart makes some strides in terms of offense creation.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Here is a piecing together of several articles over at hoopsrumor on Middleton
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/05/offseason-outlook-milwaukee-bucks-3.html

Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops and Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times have each heard from a group of multiple executives who came up with two different consensuses. Scotto cited estimates of around $10MM, while Woelfel heard expectations of $8MM salaries.

The Bucks are likely to match offers from opposing teams for the former 39th overall pick, but it seems there’s just enough dichotomy in the way front offices view him that it’s conceivable that a team comes in with an offer for more than what Milwaukee could stomach

This is mostly speculation. However, this is the first I've read about his potential price. If Milwaukee views him as a $10 MM player, I would have no problem paying him $12 a year if it would convince the Bucks not to match.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Here is a piecing together of several articles over at hoopsrumor on Middleton
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/05/offseason-outlook-milwaukee-bucks-3.html

Michael Scotto of SheridanHoops and Gery Woelfel of The Journal Times have each heard from a group of multiple executives who came up with two different consensuses. Scotto cited estimates of around $10MM, while Woelfel heard expectations of $8MM salaries.

The Bucks are likely to match offers from opposing teams for the former 39th overall pick, but it seems there’s just enough dichotomy in the way front offices view him that it’s conceivable that a team comes in with an offer for more than what Milwaukee could stomach

This is mostly speculation. However, this is the first I've read about his potential price. If Milwaukee views him as a $10 MM player, I would have no problem paying him $12 a year if it would convince the Bucks not to match.

That's awesome, good find. I was saying earlier I'd probably give him 13 million if that's what it took. We need good two way players and Middleton is that. He's extremely versatile, he can play the 2,3 and the 4 in small line-ups while being just deadly from the 3 point line. Excellent hard nosed defender, would fit with this group perfectly and CBS could really put him in a great position to succeed. I hope we can get him. Just imagine what him and a legit C could do for this group. 50-55 wins wouldn't be out of the question.

Just imagine: Trade Wallace, sign Middleton and Lopez, trade AB and #16 for Stephenson and #9. Dump Turner if you wanna play LS, Boom:

Smart/IT
Middleton/Stephenson/Young
S.Johnson/Crowder/Stephenson
Sullinger/Olynyk/Jerebko
R.Lopez/Zeller/KO

Still a whole bunch of directions you can go with that group. I'd be excited about that teams future.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:56:30 PM by BDeCosta26 »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
$8 million, sign me up. $10 million is overpaying, but justifiable. Above that, no way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-khris-middleton-wishes-to-remain-with-milwaukee-bucks/2015/05/03/

I suspect when the money starts flowing his loyalty will shrivel up but still something to keep in mind
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
$8 million, sign me up. $10 million is overpaying, but justifiable. Above that, no way.
So you would not have interest in him at amount that the Bucks wouldn't match?

I would pay more ($12 MM) because that extra $2 MM is the difference between us signing him or getting nothing.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I would pay more ($12 MM) because that extra $2 MM is the difference between us signing him or getting nothing.

I'm not. As you know, I love Middleton (go DKC Cavs!), but I worry about his lack of a track record (outside of great shooting)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Any chance the Bucks consider Avery Bradley in a S&T?

Perhaps his $8mill would be much easier for them to stomach than the likely $11-12mill Khris will get.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
If overpaying will get you Middleton, you overpay.

Danny needs quality above all else and this not only may be the last year where he won't be swamped with competition bidding up his offers, but it'll also be the last year before the cap is so increased that today's overpay is tomorrow's bargain.

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I'm not. As you know, I love Middleton (go DKC Cavs!), but I worry about his lack of a track record (outside of great shooting)

2m a year more for Middleton will barely be noticeable when the cap exceeds 100M in 2 seasons.