Author Topic: Would you trade our both of our 2015 1sts for Noel or Embiid?  (Read 11877 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I can see the 76ers trade Noel or Embiid on night draft especially if they get lucky to draft Towns or Okafor. 

I would be worried about getting Embiid due to his injury/progress to recovery.  But he has more potential to be dominant than Noel.   Noel would really help out Sullinger and KO on the defensive end . Looks healthy, explosive, looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsSD85T974I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1RLYG3myE
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 11:35:06 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Would you trade our both of our 2015 1sts for Noel or Embiid?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:38:49 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
i swear this question or some variation of it, is posted every week on here.

If our pick is outside of the top 5 or 6, then I probably would.  If its inside the top 5 or 6, it would depend if it was Noel or Embid
Greg

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja

If our pick is outside of the top 5 or 6, then I probably would.  If its inside the top 5 or 6, it would depend if it was Noel or Embid
you've been on cb for something like 6 years now. when you watch cb long enough you often see similar points, posts, threads, debates, and positions cycle through again and again. it is partly the nature of the beast, new posters arise who have not seen last year's threads and post what, to them, seems original content.

also, there are just so many topics that can be reasonably posted on a blog dedicated to the celtics. it is inevitable that we see repetition or redundancy.

often, i find the best response is simply to "move on" or to refer folks to earlier threads that cover the topic.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:45:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Nope

But I would trade both picks for Cousins.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:49:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

If its inside the top 5 or 6 , what if the deal was for Embiid?

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker

you've been on cb for something like 6 years now. when you watch cb long enough you often see similar points, posts, threads, debates, and positions cycle through again and again. it is partly the nature of the beast, new posters arise who have not seen last year's threads and post what, to them, seems original content.

also, there are just so many topics that can be reasonably posted on a blog dedicated to the celtics. it is inevitable that we see repetition or redundancy.

often, i find the best response is simply to "move on" or to refer folks to earlier threads that cover the topic.

i mean, I did kind of refer him to earlier threads that covered the same topic like you suggested, when I said that this is posted here regularly.  Either way, it was just a comment, and not meant to be dismissive, seeing as how i still answered his question and stayed on topic
Greg

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 12:02:35 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker

If its inside the top 5 or 6 , what if the deal was for Embiid?

ugh i dunno, when I first answered, i was thinking id say no if it was embid in the top 5, but now i'd be tempted to pull the trigger, maybe it'll depend on whos still available when we pick.

with as much improvement as we've shown and the big leap forward the team took this year, if we were to still somehow end up with a top 5 or 6 pick, I'd say do it.  He could be the piece that truly vaults us forward, it's worth the risk. 

I wouldnt be upset if I read after the fact that it was on the table and Danny turned it down either though
Greg

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 12:12:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Noel is on a hot streak, do we really see him being moved?   They could go for Mudiay or the like and keep the bigs.

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 12:20:07 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Nope

Same!

All day every day
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 12:22:36 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
Nope

Same!

All day every day

if this is even an option, I'd take this all day every day.  Kinda goes without saying I'd think.
Greg

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 12:40:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

And every time to answer is "obviously yes".  Noel is having a ROY season.  Embiid might be the best prospect in years.  You aren't getting either one of those guys for #10-16 + #24.   

There's an outlandish scenario where Philly drafts Okafor and looks to move one of the three. It's going to probably take Marcus smart, sullinger and our #10-16 to get their attention.

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 12:58:03 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
For those not paying attention.... Since the all-star break, Nerlens Noel (a raw 20 year old coming off a serious injury) has been a Top 20 player in the league statistically.  Averaging 13 points, 10 rebounds, 2.6 blocks, 2.6 steals, 1.6 assists on 48% shooting and 69% from the line in 32.6mpg.   For a player of his age/experience, he's putting up historic defensive stats.   This Grantland article last week nailed it:  http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nerlens-noel-the-other-rookie-of-the-year/  ... Elite big men (especially those with dominant defensive tendencies) are probably the most valuable assets in the league beyond a player who can efficiently drop 30+ per night.  FYI, Anthony Davis averaged 13.5 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.8 blocks and 1.2 steals as a rookie.  Anyone paying attention knew Davis was on a path to superstardom.   Noel, while certainly more raw offensively, is on a similar path.   

If only we lived in a world where you could get a player like that for a lowly 10-15 pick + a borderline 2nd rounder.    Wouldn't that be nice?  Unfortunately, in the real world that's not possible.  So I'd guess that anyone who responds to this thread with "nah" is out of touch and is probably still campaigning against Boston trading Rajon Rondo for Andre Drummond.

As for Joel Embiid, everything I read about the kid is that he has the potential to be a dominant player on both ends of the court.   He was widely believed by scouts to be the best prospect pre-injury and many still felt he should have been the #1 pick.   Injury or no injury, the idea that Philly would shy away from the Embiid "gamble" in favor of taking on a couple crap-shoot draft picks is ridiculous.   

Let's stop with these threads.  If we're getting one of Philly's franchise prospects, it's going to take a lot more than you guys imagine.   Sure, if we are talking about a top 5 pick, we might get our foot in the door, but we're currently sitting on picks #11 and #26.  With a package like that, a guy like Nik Stauskas is more in your price range.   Or maybe you can trade up a few picks and take someone at #7-9
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 01:05:27 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

With the 11,26 picks, how many spots can you move up?
With the 11,26, 33rd picks, how many spots can you move up?

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

A couple?

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 01:36:10 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I'll look at the last couple drafts

Orlando Magic and Philadelphia 76ers trade[69]

Orlando acquired draft rights to 10th pick Elfrid Payton
    Philadelphia 76ers acquired draft rights to 12th pick Dario ?arić, a 2015 second-round pick and a future first-round pick

So #10 for #12, a 2nd and another future 1st.

Denver Nuggets and Chicago Bulls trade[70]

Chicago acquired Anthony Randolph and draft rights to 11th pick Doug McDermott
    Denver acquired draft rights to 16th pick Jusuf Nurkić, draft rights to 19th pick Gary Harris and a 2015 second-round pick

So #11 for #16, #19 and a 2nd.

The Minnesota Timberwolves traded 9th pick Trey Burke to the Utah Jazz in exchange for the 14th pick Shabazz Muhammad and the 21st pick Gorgui Dieng.

So #9 for #14 and #21

The Dallas Mavericks traded 13th pick Kelly Olynyk to the Boston Celtics in exchange for the draft rights to the 16th pick Lucas Nogueira and a pair of 2014 second-round picks.

So #13 for #16 and a couple 2nds

The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired Kelenna Azubuike and the draft rights to 17th pick Tyler Zeller from the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for the draft rights to 24th pick Jared Cunningham, 33rd pick Bernard James and 34th pick Jae Crowder.

#17 for #24, #33 and #34

... So with #11 and #26 you might be able to move up to #7-9.  Certainly not getting you Nerlens Noel or Embiid (who is thought to be better than every prospect in this draft). 

Smart, Sully and #11 might at least get you a phone call with Philly.