Author Topic: C's Season Tickets - 2016-2017: updated  (Read 27600 times)

C's Season Tickets - 2016-2017: updated
« on: March 22, 2015, 03:16:54 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Anyone considering grabbing C's season tickets for next year and scalping some and going to others???  I was looking at price points and might consider doing it in the 20-30 dollar range for 2-4 seats if possible....just wanted to gather feedback if people think it would be a viable option...C's look like they're on the upswing with Stevens!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:08:24 PM by kmannhl1 »

Re: C's Season Tickets
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
?

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Get them.
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Cool.....you have tickets yourself???

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
Yup.  Boston Celtics treat their customers right, trust me when I say that.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
What do you guys think about the resale value of the tickets??

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Why don't you just buy season tickets with a group of people and just split the games up.  You won't profit off of the resale of the tickets, but would be a hell of a lot easier.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
What do you guys think about the resale value of the tickets??

When the Celtics are playing well, the resale value is high.  When they aren't, the value is low.

The fact that season tickets are readily available is an indication that people won't be paying a premium for your tickets, at least for most games.

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Anyone considering grabbing C's season tickets for next year and scalping some and going to others???  I was looking at price points and might consider doing it in the 20-30 dollar range for 2-4 seats if possible....just wanted to gather feedback if people think it would be a viable option...C's look like they're on the upswing with Stevens!

Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the long version of being a STH (or I'll type it up here if anyone is really interested).  Bottom line: If you want to go to the games, get the tickets.  If you don't want to go to the games, there's better ways to make a buck.  I got back 59% of face value on the tickets that I sold two years ago.  The Celtics dropped my ticket price 10% for this season and I have slightly better tickets, so my return on face is 78%.  I would have had no problem selling my Sunday afternoon game againtst Cleveland, but there are very few Clevelands.  There seem to be a lot of Wednesday night games against Orlando.

One big problem: Ticketmaster adds a whopping 21.5% surcharge on resale tickets (i.e., tickets listed by C's STHs).  There's a $5 surcharge on tickets that come directly from the Celtics.  That makes resale tickets far less competitive.

For the first two years that I was a STH, I had a lousy representative with the Celtics and was not thrilled with them.  This year, they changed my rep and my new guy is awesome.  I'm much, much happier.

I would agree with the poster above who says that the C's value their STHs.  There are a ton of side benefits (A few weeks ago, my 6-year old got to shoot around on the parquet after the game and get his picture taken with James Young.).  They really do a nice job of putting on events.

Mike

Re: C's Season Tickets - 2016-2017: updated
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 03:09:24 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Anyone considering getting seasons for the 16-17 season??  Or renewing??  prices seem to have gone up, got my renewal info today and my 309 row 12's are going up from $20-$23 per seat

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
@kmann, let me know if you didn't get a PM.

My season tickets went up just about 6% for 16-17. I can't complain, though, since they went down 10% in each of the past two.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
I just re-upped today.  I've been an STHr since the 04-05 season.  I always suggest being an STHr if you're a Celtics fan in the area. 

Don't worry about not being able to make every game.  If you're interested in re-selling them, honestly if you have balcony seats, you'll have little trouble "getting your money back" even through the NBA Ticket Exchange which I use here and there.  Let alone when they could be very, very good - as soon as next year.

I also think they make a great gift.  I like to give away a lot of my seats to listeners of Celtics Beat as a thank you for listening.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
I just re-upped today.  I've been an STHr since the 04-05 season.  I always suggest being an STHr if you're a Celtics fan in the area. 

Don't worry about not being able to make every game.  If you're interested in re-selling them, honestly if you have balcony seats, you'll have little trouble "getting your money back" even through the NBA Ticket Exchange which I use here and there.  Let alone when they could be very, very good - as soon as next year.

I also think they make a great gift.  I like to give away a lot of my seats to listeners of Celtics Beat as a thank you for listening.

I'm listening to that as we speak (but I already have tickets. ;) )!

Love the Ticket Exchange site when I need it, but hate the 21.5% fee that they add to resold tickets (versus the flat $5 fee if you buy directly from the Celts).

Mike

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman

Where are your seats??

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 03:57:51 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla