Author Topic: C's Season Tickets - 2016-2017: updated  (Read 27599 times)

Re: C's Season Tickets - 2016-2017: updated
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Got my playoff tickets offer yesterday. My normal price per ticket is $85.

Round 1: $95
Round 2: $125
Round 3: $165
Round 4: $240

Several payment options, including pay-as-you-go or pay all up front. If you do pay up front, you are buying tickets for 16 games, with the difference to go as a credit if we don't use them all. That method doesn't make sense to me. I'll be left over with a lot of tickets after we sweep the first three rounds in four and beat GS in five. Well, maybe six.

Overall, I'm very happy with the pricing. Given what they could charge for those tickets, I think it is very fair. Granted, Round 4 would probably be more if management believed we could go that far, but I'm not complaining.

Mike

Those are the prices with the 20% additional discount applied? Do you have a full or half season package?

TP for the renewal!

I have a full season package. One thing I mentioned upthread is that my seats cost me less now than when I started four years ago. There's something to be said for a rebuilding team.

That is my final price, so it includes any discount.

Mike

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 08:36:02 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
One of the "unwritten" benefits of season tickets happened yesterday:

We were invited to an event sponsored by American Express at the practice facility in Waltham. Got to meet Leon Powe, Tyler Zeller and Jojo White. Also got to have pictures taken with a couple of the dancers, a championship trophy and a replica banner, and walk through the locker room. It was a really nice touch and my 7-year old got to learn a little bit about the Celtics' past.

Mike

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 09:42:55 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Just got my playoff ticket information and I am very pleased with the pricing. This is a great way the Celtics are rewarding their loyal STM. I also love how they offer a pay as they play option.. I wouldn't feel comfortable fronting over 2 grand on games I know won't be played.
I currently have a half season plan $80/ticket.

Round 1: $78/ticket
Round 2: $102/ticket
Round 3: $136/ticket
Round 4 (please let there be a Round 4!!!): 196/ticket

Very curious to see what general onsale box office pricing is for the playoffs.

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 12:01:59 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Just got my playoff ticket information and I am very pleased with the pricing. This is a great way the Celtics are rewarding their loyal STM. I also love how they offer a pay as they play option.. I wouldn't feel comfortable fronting over 2 grand on games I know won't be played.

Wow that's incredible. Your first round is below avg cost per ticket? Impressive. Mine started at about 12% above and moved up from there.

Mike

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Wow that's incredible. Your first round is below avg cost per ticket? Impressive. Mine started at about 12% above and moved up from there.

Mike

Looks like the first round pricing benefits half season STM's.. I think the rule of thumb is that half season ticket holders pay a $10 per ticket premium more than Full STM's. My same seats are $70 each if I were to get into a full season... so I'd think they are paying $8 more/ticket vs. me paying $2/less per ticket for round 1 (if that makes any sense whatsoever)... the logic makes more sense in my head then it does trying to type it out.
So in your situation it appears that half season holders are paying their regular season cost of $95/ticket for round 1.

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 03:36:36 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I just received my pricing as well.  Regular season average price/ticket for me was $76 this year.

Round 1: $85/ticket
Round 2: $110/ticket
Round 3: $150/ticket
Round 4: $215/ticket

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 03:48:02 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
I just received my pricing as well.  Regular season average price/ticket for me was $76 this year.

Seems pretty constant with everyone else.

Curious where other folks tickets are? Considering upgrading/downgrading from my current location (corner loge row 24 aisle seats next to the club section).. love being on the aisle, it's pretty much the only thing holding me at my current spot.. although I think I might want to get a little closer to the court.
would be curious how folks felt about their locations.

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 04:28:46 PM »

Offline LHR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Executive Producer & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Celts have me as an absolute sucker. I don't even look at pricing. I just mindlessly renew and hand them thousands of my dollars.

No regrets though.
Author: Fall of the Boston Celtics
Available Here: http://www.clnsradio/LHRbook

EP & Host: Celtics Beat Podcast
Available here: http://apple.co/1E29sq0

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Celts have me as an absolute sucker. I don't even look at pricing. I just mindlessly renew and hand them thousands of my dollars.

No regrets though.

To be fair, you eat really expensive grass fed beef so it seems like you've got the money  :P

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 11:01:44 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Curious where other folks tickets are? Considering upgrading/downgrading from my current location (corner loge row 24 aisle seats next to the club section).. love being on the aisle, it's pretty much the only thing holding me at my current spot.. although I think I might want to get a little closer to the court.

Also in the Loge, section 9. First row, which is kind of nice: There's a couple of inches of extra leg room, nobody in front of me and the barrier makes a nifty ledge on which to rest trays of food. Also, I have a single seat next to me which they often don't sell, so I have a place to leave my jacket. I'd love to move a bit closer to the center, but I don't like the idea of giving up the convenience of my seats.

Mike

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Also in the Loge, section 9. First row, which is kind of nice: There's a couple of inches of extra leg room, nobody in front of me and the barrier makes a nifty ledge on which to rest trays of food. Also, I have a single seat next to me which they often don't sell, so I have a place to leave my jacket. I'd love to move a bit closer to the center, but I don't like the idea of giving up the convenience of my seats.

Mike

Those seats sound awesome, and having the extra seat/leg room is an added bonus. I'm not sure I would ever give those up if I were you.
My seats are nice because they are a former club section so they are the slightly larger more cushy seats, but having said that I still think I want pay a little more to get closer to the court.. just not all that confident anything great will become available to me based on seniority. 

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 04:19:04 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

Those seats sound awesome, and having the extra seat/leg room is an added bonus. I'm not sure I would ever give those up if I were you.
My seats are nice because they are a former club section so they are the slightly larger more cushy seats, but having said that I still think I want pay a little more to get closer to the court.. just not all that confident anything great will become available to me based on seniority.

That's where I stand. They're in a corner but that's the only downside. I only got the seats because, a few years ago, they bumped me into the next seniority class because I renewed early. It was just that one year.

This is my 4th year as a STH, so I'm not sure if I am bumped to the next seniority level (5-10 years) this year or next. I could move one section closer to the center of the court and it would be about $20/ticket more. Moving two sections over would get me Center 6, but the tickets would be double what I pay now. Forget it.

Unless I get really lucky, I'm staying where I am. At $90 per ticket, I can easily resell them. But if my tickets cost 2-3X that, reselling them gets me a much smaller audience, no matter how good the seats are.

Mike

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2016, 02:43:59 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
My rep said full season packages are nearly sold out for next year.. and there will be a limited amount of half season packages available (if at all) but not until July or August.
I think I might upgrade to a full season come May, assuming my seats don't suffer because of it.

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2016, 03:10:07 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
My rep said full season packages are nearly sold out for next year.. and there will be a limited amount of half season packages available (if at all) but not until July or August.
I think I might upgrade to a full season come May, assuming my seats don't suffer because of it.

I love to hear that. When I got mine five years ago, they couldn't give 'em away.

Mike

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2016, 10:19:54 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

Wow that's pretty crazy full seasons are almost sold out for next year......any idea what is left in terms of inventory??