Author Topic: Trade Sully, Young, Picks for Kawi  (Read 6345 times)

Trade Sully, Young, Picks for Kawi
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

All contingent on the Spurs not being able to pay him Max Dollars. If they can't pay him this would be perfect. Now how many picks do they want.

Re: Trade Sully, Young, Picks for Kawi
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'd like to hear your thoughts on realistic scenarios in which the Spurs are not able to give Leonard the max.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He's very good not great. A Patriots approach is possible. Do we want to pay this guy 100 million dollars.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:48:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

He's very good not great. A Patriots approach is possible. Do we want to pay this guy 100 million dollars.

Can he ever be a Finals MVP?

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Also Spurs could retool quickly for one more title run. Sully if healthy would be awesome with Timmy. They also would twist are arm for crowder, plus a pick in this draft. Spurs could benefit.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I would take Kawhi over Sully/Young and 1 Nets pick with either Celtics lottery protected, and choice of Grizzles/Suns.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:33 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
So he was mvp last year. How has he played this year? I haven't watched any Spurs games, but I also haven't heard his name brought up for some great performance this year

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 08:59:14 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Considering the the incredible differences in both the sport and salary cap rules, the "Patriots approach" in this case would be to sign Leonard to the max deal. 

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 09:06:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

All contingent on the Spurs not being able to pay him Max Dollars. If they can't pay him this would be perfect. Now how many picks do they want.

I dont understand this, isn't he a free agent after the season?  So couldn't he just sign where he wants?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 09:23:53 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
So he was mvp last year. How has he played this year? I haven't watched any Spurs games, but I also haven't heard his name brought up for some great performance this year
The reason you haven't heard his name much this year is because he was hurt for an extended period of time. I expect you'll hear it a lot more in the next 3 months.

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:15 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
They starting to get it together. Leonard is having some good games, but nothing amazing.

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 10:08:23 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Ainge would never offer that and SA might offer us a pick just so they would not have to feed Sully per diem.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
SA laughs and hangs up. Leonard's deal is going to look like a bargain once the cap jumps.

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 11:30:13 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
the trade idea - a big maybe.

paying Leonard a max contract - ridiculous.

he is a very good player, but not a franchise player. yes, he was Finals MVP - to me, you could compare him as far as talent level and value as a player with Cedric Maxwell, who was very, very good and deserved a retired number and more credit than he ever received, but he was not the best player on the team worth a max (no pun intended).
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I dont understand this, isn't he a free agent after the season?  So couldn't he just sign where he wants?

Restricted free agent, so no.  The Celtics can clear cap space to sign Kawhi Leonard to an offer sheet starting at the max, so there is little incentive for the Celtics to do a deal if that is more than the Spurs want to pay him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference