Author Topic: ***March Madness***  (Read 80544 times)

Re: ***March Madness***
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sam Dekker slowly creeping up in the draft?  Last season he was a disappointment. Inconsistent. Passive

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jfJSFInqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj5iWivM1tU

Yeah, I've been interested in him, as well, but I think he grew two inches and is now playing at the 4, which is odd, because he was perfectly fine on both ends as a 3.  I LOVED that spin move and head fake that he finished with his left hand coming down the stretch of tonight's game.  I don't think he'll be quick enough to play in the NBA, though, but maybe not.  He seemed slower than he was last year, for some reason.

He's projected to go in the 20's.

Maybe so, but at this rate he is climbing

Who knows he could be a Celtic on draft night

« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2015, 11:23:48 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sam Dekker slowly creeping up in the draft?  Last season he was a disappointment. Inconsistent. Passive

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

Yeah, I've been interested in him, as well, but I think he grew two inches and is now playing at the 4, which is odd, because he was perfectly fine on both ends as a 3.  I LOVED that spin move and head fake that he finished with his left hand coming down the stretch of tonight's game.  I don't think he'll be quick enough to play in the NBA, though, but maybe not.  He seemed slower than he was last year, for some reason.

He's projected to go in the 20's.

Maybe so, but at this rate he is climbing

Who knows he could be a Celtic on draft night

It was in response to him saying he's wasnt quick enough to play in the NBA. He's not a fringe prospect, he's a good prospect who looks like a perfect fit for our team with the way he can play both with and without the ball and defend multiple positions.

« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2015, 11:33:11 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
It was in response to him saying he's wasnt quick enough to play in the NBA. He's not a fringe prospect, he's a good prospect who looks like a perfect fit for our team with the way he can play both with and without the ball and defend multiple positions.

I never said that he was a fringe prospect, it's just that I'm skeptical of white players being able to play in the nba, especially defensively, lol. ;D As long as we're comparing him to other caucasians, though, why not Chandler Parsons?

« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2015, 11:39:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I never said that he was a fringe prospect, it's just that I'm skeptical of white players being able to play in the nba, especially defensively, lol. ;D As long as we're comparing him to other caucasians, though, why not Chandler Parsons?

Heinrich has been one of the best defensive players in the league for years and Dekker has great size to go along with solid length and good athleticism.

Also don't forget about AK47. That guy was an amazing defender.

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2015, 12:27:04 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73

Heinrich has been one of the best defensive players in the league for years and Dekker has great size to go along with solid length and good athleticism.

A smaller Jonas Jerebko?

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:50 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes is the real deal. 6-8 220 SF with a wingspan of 7-2 and shoots 39% from
3. He has the most upside of any Badger.  I'm hoping he declares this year so we can snatch him with the Clippers pick, as he hasn't been showcased playing with Kaminsky and Dekker.
I'm a big fan of Hayes. I don't understand why he isn't ranked higher on boards, and I expect that to change after Wisconsin makes a deep tournament run.

Yeah, when you watch Wisconsin that's the guy that has the most upside and it's not really that close (and I like Dekker). I'm hoping he doesn't rise up boards so we can grab him with the Clips pick, but the combine, which I expect him to excel in, could change that regardless of how he fares during the tourney.

Funny guy also  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrajnYRYtUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlNpVFxQUtE

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:12 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

True, but that's still only two guys.  Don't turn Hinrich into heinrich himmler, btw, lol. ;D

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2015, 06:48:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2015, 08:34:18 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Dekker is 6-9 not 6-7 folks.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61278/sam-dekker

Good catch. I didn't even notice Triboy said he was 6-7. That's incorrect and his 6-9 size is the reason I said he has great size for the SF position.

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2015, 08:54:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dekker is 6-9 not 6-7 folks.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/61278/sam-dekker

I guess he grew a few inches.  I wonder if his wingspan is a little longer also.  Could jump to 15-17 pick area imo

Downside is that he lacks a mid range game. Bc of the way he shoots it is difficult to dribble fwd stop and pop
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:02:41 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2015, 09:39:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fun game so far.  Notre Dame doesn't back down or get intimidated.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2015, 10:07:10 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Am I the only one liking this Zach Auguste kid?

My Lord, if you can hold your own against those Kentucky bigs, you may have made yourself an NBA player.

He's outplaying Kentucky with sheer hustle and energy. Love it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Tonight 23 pts.  6'7 guy, 7'0 wingspan.  Decent Athleticism, quickness for a SF.  Good handles, shooting stroke.  Works hard. 

Yeah .....and JJJ .....had all this in college too. 

« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2015, 10:18:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Granted, I have watched very little KEN basketball this year....but so far, WCS and KAT aren't impressing me at all, defensively.

ND taking it to them so far.

« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
This ND team can win it all. They execute well, and they seem like they will never get fazed.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace