Author Topic: Official 2015 NBA Free Agency List  (Read 4955 times)

Re: Official 2015 NBA Free Agency List
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Go after Kevin Love, and sign Khris Middleton for 9-10 million.

We have 14-16 million cap space available, waive Pressey, and use stretch provision on Wallace, or find someone to take on his contract for a 2nd round pick.

Going hard after Love should be our main priority. Also people have mentioned Monroe is a better player than Love, and I beg to differ. Monroe is 1-2 years younger, but Love has a better rebounding percentage, Love is ranked highly on offense in the post, and has a far better shooting stroke.

If you had to give a max to either Love or Monroe, who would you choose?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 10:18:09 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Milwaukee definitely matches any 10 mil or less offer for Middleton. If he leaves it's going to be on an overpay.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 09:33:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would really like to go after KJ McDaniels this summer. Giving him a long term deal at a team friendly price.

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 10:09:33 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'd be giddy if we signed Lopez and Love  ;)

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:10 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I think the C's will walk away this summer with one of these three - Love, Jordan or Monroe....

If I had to bet, I would say Monroe...

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 06:45:46 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think age is very important.
If Danny wants to win next year, he'll probably look for the best player (vets) at SF & C positions.
If Danny think we are not there yet, then he'll take younger promising players like Monroe, buttler, middleton, KL,...
My bet is Monroe because young and promising players that can already play C is not something you can find every year. I think Monroe can really improve under the C's staffs and maybe become an all star.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 09:50:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

We have 14-16 million cap space available, waive Pressey, and use stretch provision on Wallace, or find someone to take on his contract for a 2nd round pick.

Going hard after Love should be our main priority. Also people have mentioned Monroe is a better player than Love, and I beg to differ. Monroe is 1-2 years younger, but Love has a better rebounding percentage, Love is ranked highly on offense in the post, and has a far better shooting stroke.

Don't quit your dayjob because your not going to make it as a GM.  Love stinks on D.  I think CLE has exposed him somewhat and he will go to LA.

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 11:23:38 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Don't quit your dayjob because your not going to make it as a GM.  Love stinks on D.  I think CLE has exposed him somewhat and he will go to LA.

I'm not the biggest Kevin Love fan, but the guy is still averaging 16.6 points and 10.2 rebounds while getting the fewest shot attempts and free throw attempts since his second year in the league.  Meanwhile, LeBron is getting basically the same number of shots as in Miami, with his worst shooting % in six seasons, and Kyrie is only getting one fewer shot a game than last year.

Love is being asked to make a much bigger sacrifice than the other two in order to keep them happy.  Put Love on the Celtics and he'll easily return to his previous production.  He does suck on defense but Boston has a nice bunch of perimeter defenders to cover for him.

Mike

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 04:29:08 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
I'm bumping this as free agency approaches. Details are on the first page.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:36:41 PM by GetLucky »