Author Topic: Celtics (30-36) at Thunder (37-30) Game #67 3/18/15  (Read 62990 times)

Re: Celtics (30-36) at Thunder (37-30) Game #67 3/18/15
« Reply #495 on: March 18, 2015, 11:11:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
they have made him a spot up shooter .  Lebron or Kyrie always have the ball .

Still does not explain mistrust of team and his lack of defense.   Do you realize he does not even play certain halfs and he has fell out of favor.

« Reply #496 on: March 18, 2015, 11:12:12 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Kevin Love?

Not exactly helped CLE, no thanks.

Because it's totally the exact same situation and everything  ;)

« Reply #497 on: March 18, 2015, 11:14:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Stevens needs to play Zeller more , he is the only one who has a chance of rebounding against centers .

We need to get McGee in here too

He had 1rb in 20 minutes.

The entire team got out rebounded as a whole.
This is really what the team lacks at the 4-5. 

« Reply #498 on: March 18, 2015, 11:17:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Westbrook with 36 points! Oh man, he torched us

Wait a minute.. He had eight field goals..

Chuckah

I know he's more talented than anyone on our roster, but i'm glad we don't have to cheer on a chucker like him

Like Isaiah Thomas isn't on the Celtics.
He may chuck, but they're different beasts

Plus thomas is a better shooter

And Westbrook is a better everything else. Including playmaker and facilitator.

« Reply #499 on: March 18, 2015, 11:20:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
this team has a center core, and it stems from Smart, Bradley, and Crowder. They will be the heart of this team.

This team needs another Big Man for sure. if it can't find anyone AGAIN. We should see about getting Perk back.
I've been advocating bringing Perk back all season.  He wouldn't have to score a basket (and chances are he won't) but he'd be a big help defensively and get a few rebounds, which would improve the team.   But I do hope they can come up with a better answer than him.

« Reply #500 on: March 18, 2015, 11:21:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Now is when I just hold my tongue because I find Westbrook so overrated lately...

Oops now is when I hold my tongue.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #501 on: March 18, 2015, 11:26:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
this team has a center core, and it stems from Smart, Bradley, and Crowder. They will be the heart of this team.

This team needs another Big Man for sure. if it can't find anyone AGAIN. We should see about getting Perk back.
I've been advocating bringing Perk back all season.  He wouldn't have to score a basket (and chances are he won't) but he'd be a big help defensively and get a few rebounds, which would improve the team.   But I do hope they can come up with a better answer than him.

he signed with cle a few weeks ago

« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2015, 11:33:52 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Westbrook with 36 points! Oh man, he torched us

Wait a minute.. He had eight field goals..

Chuckah

I know he's more talented than anyone on our roster, but i'm glad we don't have to cheer on a chucker like him

Like Isaiah Thomas isn't on the Celtics.
He may chuck, but they're different beasts

Plus thomas is a better shooter

And Westbrook is a better everything else. Including playmaker and facilitator.
Ya..

I said we don't have anyone on our team who's as talented as him

All i was saying is that i don't like watching him play aside from his occasional hgh emotional outbursts
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
OKC got almost every call too---How the hell they called KO for traveling with about 2 minutes to go--? On the way to the hoop, he picked up his dribble, and took 2 steps(PERFECTLY LEGAL)---and yet that ref calls a phantom traveling.....we were only down 5 at that point--might have been down 3 or less---but that call ended it for us.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2015, 11:44:01 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
OKC got almost every call too---How the hell they called KO for traveling with about 2 minutes to go--? On the way to the hoop, he picked up his dribble, and took 2 steps(PERFECTLY LEGAL)---and yet that ref calls a phantom traveling.....we were only down 5 at that point--might have been down 3 or less---but that call ended it for us.
Ya, the refs were iffy

Do you remember when dwight was on the lake show? The last few weeks of the season, the nba tried to get them into the playoffs. All of the other teams competing for the 8 seed had their free throws reduced, and la's free throws went up.

The nba REALLY wants westbrick and durant in the playoffs

The ratings game...   Sigh.....
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2015, 12:17:24 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
Kevin Love?

Not exactly helped CLE, no thanks.

This is so overblown. This guy is averaging 17 points, 10 rebounds, and over 2 assists in a down year as the third option on a top-tier NBA team. That's better offensive and rebounding numbers than KG during the Big 3 years. I get that he's a weak defender, but would a better Kelly Olynyk (that can rebound and outlet pass with the best of them) really hurt this team? I mean, this can't be understated: The guy is averaging an almost-career-worse 10.1 rebounds per game. Who else can say that?

This guy is merely an offensive superstar and a weak defender. So what if he goes from "Kevin Love: Superstar" to "Kevin Love: Really Really Great Basketball Player" due to media exposure?  He's only 26. Point being, people assume we have a surplus at PF and we don't need Love, but we really have a glut of decidedly average PFs who are almost all slated for future bench roles on good teams. This is no knock on them, as they are hard to find, but to suggest we are a team that's too good for Kevin Love is silly.

(Side Note: I've always wondered how people could do this. We are not a great NBA team. Respectable? Sure. But to suggest we "don't want" DeMarcus Cousins or Kevin Love because they "aren't Celtics" or "aren't like Larry" is a little silly. We'll take as many All-NBA guys as we can, thank you very much. I've been waiting for the day where someone says that the Celtics "wouldn't want Anthony Davis anyway because he's injury prone" or we "don't need Kevin Durant because he's not a winner in the playoffs.")

Don't even get me started about how he's the whipping post because the media can't tarnish LeBron James' or Kyrie's reputation. 

Last thing to sum up my thoughts: Kevin Love has better stats than any player on our team that plays his position on a team that is much better than ours while also providing defense comparable to Olynyk or Sullinger. And he's only 26!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:26:07 AM by GetLucky »

« Reply #506 on: March 19, 2015, 05:50:58 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
A big and another primary scorer is needed on this team

« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2015, 07:07:14 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Frustrating loss, especially when you feel that Westbrook got a lot of calls because he was Westbrook... Kanter and Adams dominated the paint, though, and OKC got so many 2nd chance or free-throws thanks to them that it was almost impossible to win, considering we didn't hit as many 3 pointers in the 2nd half.

It's crazy how the Celtics managed to hit 3 pointer after 3 pointer to keep it "close" at the very end of the game, amazing. Too bad it wasn't enough but great game from Smart, Bass, Bradley. Olynyk was great at times and terrible at other (mostly in the 2nd half).

We could have used a win as an extra in the race for the playoffs but Indiana and Charlotte lost too, so that's good.

« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Stevens needs to play Zeller more , he is the only one who has a chance of rebounding against centers .

We need to get McGee in here too

He had 1rb in 20 minutes.

The entire team got out rebounded as a whole.
This is really what the team lacks at the 4-5. 
C's have a 4 that rebounds very well.  unfortunately he's out for the year.   could really use a 5 that rebounds well to put next to him next season.

« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2015, 01:38:14 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

Zeller got crushed on the boards tonight.  He had 1 rebound in 20 minutes.  Not sure what you mean.

TP to ImShakHeIsShaq for beating me to it.  The rebounding was so bad it's shocking we were in the game.  Actually impressive.

Yeah! Zeller looked like a fool las night. Lost in the woods. We really are overrating him. Nice soft hand from the distance and that's all. I just don't see him in Ainge's plans next year. Overseas is best solution for him. He could get very good contract in Russia. Maybe even too good. Russians usualy overpay such players.