Author Topic: Bill Simmons' Podcast (Bill Don't Lie) w/ Ryen Russillo  (Read 16802 times)

Re: Bill Simmons' Podcast (Bill Don't Lie) w/ Ryen Russillo
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

Yeah, I hope Simmons is just having fun with this whole Love thing.

Love is notorious brand-conscious. If he decides being #3 in Cleveland isn't his best move, it's an absolute lock that he teams up with Rondo in LA-- joining the Cs won't be as good for his career or endorsements as catching Rondo passes and scoring 30 in front of Jack Nicholson every night.
I don't think it's a lock they sign both because they don't have the cap space to sign both unless Rondo is taking less than $8 MM a year

Furthermore, it would definitely be better for his endorsements, but how in the world would it be better for his career? Western Conference, Virtually 0 Assets, Aging/Overpaid Kobe, Mediocre Coach, etc. I think his career would be better served coming here in terms of chances of winning (better roster, assets, ownership, coach, and conference).

I think I just mean being The Guy on the Lakers is a rare opportunity. When I say career, I mean all of it, beyond basketball performance- glamor, visibility, fashion, connections, everything that a star can do off the court. Maybe I mean "life," but I also mean money and opportunities outside of winning basketball games. The difference is everything that Carmelo Anthony has that, say, Tim Duncan doesn't have.

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am listening to the podcast and it's quite interesting.

I think there is a possibility Love would come to the Celtics.

I think Ainge is going to really try to sell him on the city and here he would be the go to player, unlike the 3rd banana he is in Cleveland.

I know the Lakers is a possibility but I think he looks at the Celtics as having a brighter future.

We also need to remember as good as our team is playing, this is a team of role players like Bill Simmons states.

Add a star player like Love and I think we are a playoff team next season.

Then, other players would be interested in coming to Boston.

Not to mention, DA could also look to acquire another star like Kawhi Leonard.

Another great part of this would be the Cavs would've dealt Andrew Wiggins for just one year of Kevin Love.

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2015, 10:02:02 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

I think Ainge is going to really try to sell him on the city and here he would be the go to player, unlike the 3rd banana he is in Cleveland.

I know the Lakers is a possibility but I think he looks at the Celtics as having a brighter future.

We also need to remember as good as our team is playing, this is a team of role players like Bill Simmons states.

Another great part of this would be the Cavs would've dealt Andrew Wiggins for just one year of Kevin Love.

Not this Kevin Love nonsense again.  He's a terrible defender and as soft, physically and mentally, as a 'star' can be.  He'd be perfect with Rondo and Kobe in Lakerland...

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
If Danny pulls off the improbable and signs Love, I'd sure like to see Ainge trade up for Will Cauley-Stein.  It seems Love and WCS's strengths and weaknesses almost perfectly offset which could make them a very good pairing.  I wonder how many spots we could move up in the draft if we paired Sully with the 15th pick.  Of course we have other picks we could use to move up as well.

Well the draft is before fa..

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 10:04:58 PM »

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
I think a team featuring Love and Turner would test my resolve as a fan in ways I haven't had to resort to in quite some time.

If you're gonna insist on serving up a malt liquour in a wine glass, at least pour me a Carlsberg White Elephant, pretty please... ;)  A team with Love and Turner would probably send me over a cliff's edge, intentionally. 

P.S. Were you out of St. Ides?  :)

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:18 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

I love the part about Cleveland loosing Wiggins for renting Love for a year.

If Cleveland doesn't win a title, I feel Love will leave the Cavs. I think he feels a bit ineffective in Cleveland, IMO he's a player that wants to be the focal point.

The C's are just getting over the rebuilding hump, just starting to build a team that has a small identity. I don't think he will buy into it, I think it's off to LA for Love, as bad as the Lakers are, Ca. is home.

I hate to say it...I'm not 100% sure he's a great fit. The Celtics need a good center.   

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2015, 10:31:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Besides the stuff you read about some of the downside of Myles Turner, my sources in Texas tell me there's red flags with the kid that go beyond what's being reported. Watch out. He could slide a way once he has to start sitting down and talking to teams and they get a more in depth look at him.

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:24 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I love the part about Cleveland loosing Wiggins for renting Love for a year.

If Cleveland doesn't win a title, I feel Love will leave the Cavs. I think he feels a bit ineffective in Cleveland, IMO he's a player that wants to be the focal point.

The C's are just getting over the rebuilding hump, just starting to build a team that has a small identity. I don't think he will buy into it, I think it's off to LA for Love, as bad as the Lakers are, Ca. is home.

I hate to say it...I'm not 100% sure he's a great fit. The Celtics need a good center.

LOL imagine a Love, RR, Kobe, lottery pick, and Randle team. Good team or nah?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2015, 10:48:25 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Good enough to finish 10th in the west maybe.   :)

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2015, 11:13:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Good enough to finish 10th in the west maybe.   :)

Who plays defense in that group? lol Rondo only plays it half of the time, and Kobe can't play consistent good D for long stretches anymore.

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
"Not this Kevin Love nonsense again.  He's a terrible defender and as soft, physically and mentally, as a 'star' can be.  He'd be perfect with Rondo and Kobe in Lakerland..."

This.

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2015, 11:43:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I'm afraid Love maybe headed toward serious back issues. 

Be our luck ...pay him mega contract and then lose him like we did Sully for a season with back operation.

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2015, 12:25:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think a team featuring Love and Turner would test my resolve as a fan in ways I haven't had to resort to in quite some time.

If you're gonna insist on serving up a malt liquour in a wine glass, at least pour me a Carlsberg White Elephant, pretty please... ;)  A team with Love and Turner would probably send me over a cliff's edge, intentionally. 

P.S. Were you out of St. Ides?  :)

More like Olde English.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:16 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
No love for Love. I'd rather our 7th-11th man roster, sauced up on Olde English, than blow our cap space on him.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I still believe in a thing called Love. I shant apologize for it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner