Author Topic: 76ers (15-51) at Celtics (29-36) Game #66 3/16/15  (Read 45741 times)

Re: 76ers (15-51) at Celtics (29-36) Game #66 3/16/15
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2015, 10:03:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Stevens really has Young buried at the end of the bench.  Wonder what he does besides his D, that irks CBS.

I think he wants him to pay attention .....real hard .........wants the kid hungry for time ......wants to show how the Detroit boys earned the right to their minutes.

I think he ll get it ......eventually

« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2015, 10:07:51 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
The two extremes in the same snapshot  ;D

« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:41 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
That moment you remember this team was 20-33 at one point

« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2015, 10:56:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Stevens really has Young buried at the end of the bench.  Wonder what he does besides his D, that irks CBS.

His body language and attitude may be an issue.

I was watching him in the pre-2nd half warmups and he was taking threes from the right corner, and I think he made one of about 8 and just seemed to be going through the motions, shoulders slumped, just heaving them up. Then some short, bald guy in a suit (don't know who he was) seemed to be instructing him on the court, and it didn't seem like he gave a crap.

« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2015, 11:18:30 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

I was watching him in the pre-2nd half warmups and he was taking threes from the right corner, and I think he made one of about 8 and just seemed to be going through the motions, shoulders slumped, just heaving them up. Then some short, bald guy in a suit (don't know who he was) seemed to be instructing him on the court, and it didn't seem like he gave a crap.

I got that same perception.  19 or not you better get out there and act like you wanna be a part of a pro ball team.  Personally he looks like another Jeff green.  Disinterested at times, never reaching his full potential.  He was the same way at Kentucky.  He could be a Danny green type player but his head is not there yet.  Personally I don't think it ever will be.  I'd be willing to trade him.  There's a reason young, a rookie got two minutes and smart, a rookie gets the starting job.  One is pedestrian and the other is a go getter.  The time he was out there he just walked to his spot.  When he is given opportunities he's inconsistent.  Jeff green 2.0.... No thank u

« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2015, 11:22:45 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'm not ready to thow Young under the bus. Even if he is Jeff Green 2.0 (and I noticed that even before the draft), he still could be a valuable asset.

« Reply #246 on: March 16, 2015, 11:25:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

I got that same perception.  19 or not you better get out there and act like you wanna be a part of a pro ball team.  Personally he looks like another Jeff green.  Disinterested at times, never reaching his full potential.  He was the same way at Kentucky.  He could be a Danny green type player but his head is not there yet.  Personally I don't think it ever will be.  I'd be willing to trade him.  There's a reason young, a rookie got two minutes and smart, a rookie gets the starting job.  One is pedestrian and the other is a go getter.  The time he was out there he just walked to his spot.  When he is given opportunities he's inconsistent.  Jeff green 2.0.... No thank u

There was a report some time back that he had some attitude issues. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Stevens has picked up on that and not been playing him due to it. Don't know why he's not been in Maine getting reps in that case, though.

« Reply #247 on: March 16, 2015, 11:31:27 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

We'll see what happens.  He's 19.  It's probably the first time in his life he's experienced individual failure on the basketball court.   It's in the C's best interest to help him work through this.  I do believe that Ainge likes his talent.

Remember how lost AB looked in his rookie year?  Kids can grow up.

« Reply #248 on: March 16, 2015, 11:35:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

He's 19....

Smart also came out in the draft as the most NBA ready in terms of defense. Young was touted as a young player with potential. Give him time before you explicitly say hes a waste of space.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #249 on: March 16, 2015, 11:37:59 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

This.

He is always very uninterested. KJ McDaniels would be a better choice for us - great defender, strong work ethic, wants to improve his offensive game. More like Marcus.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #250 on: March 17, 2015, 12:26:10 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

This.

He is always very uninterested. KJ McDaniels would be a better choice for us - great defender, strong work ethic, wants to improve his offensive game. More like Marcus.

KJ was a bit of a stat chaser. Really neglected team D responsibilities to chase blocks and steals. He's probably a net positive on defense, but he's a terrible offensive player right now.

« Reply #251 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If we were able to get a Jeff Green caliber player with the 17th pick in the draft, I think we should feel quite lucky. Green is about the 6th best player in his draft class and has had a fairly successful career - Young hasn't shown anything yet (although I am certainly pulling for the guy). I think SL has it right in regards to his 'first failure'. We will see what the guy is made of over the next couple of years - none of this should be unexpected.

« Reply #252 on: March 17, 2015, 12:36:28 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

We'll see what happens.  He's 19.  It's probably the first time in his life he's experienced individual failure on the basketball court.   It's in the C's best interest to help him work through this.  I do believe that Ainge likes his talent.

Remember how lost AB looked in his rookie year?  Kids can grow up.

It's a long way away from dunking on no-names in the NCAA, that' sfor sure.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #253 on: March 17, 2015, 09:36:22 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8Uo7yZYCA

An awesome late play by Gigi I think a lot of people missed.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2015, 10:11:40 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
apparently we have the highest winning streak in the East right now at 5. Washington next at 4