Poll

Which Center would you most want to see in green?

Nerlens Noel
12 (32.4%)
Joel Embiid
10 (27%)
Jahleel Okafor
2 (5.4%)
Karl Anthony Towns Jr.
8 (21.6%)
Whoever they'd give up.
3 (8.1%)
None of the above.
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Which Philly Center would you be most interested in trading for?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
How would your rank your interest in the 76ers bigs?

Nerlens Noel - This year he's proving to be a special defender at the NBA Level. Adequate offence. Above average athletism. Local ties and a bit of an edge to him. Seems to have come back well from ACL tear.

Joel Embiid - Highest Ceiling. Should walk on the court as an elite defensive presence around the rim. Has shown flashes of a Hakeem Olajuwon like post game and is developing a smooth repeatable jumpsuit form. Ideal center size and athletesism. Concerns exist over maturity, rehab ability and long term health. Somewhat goofy but cockey demeanor especially over social media.

Jahleel Okafor - Possesses a man's post game. Big, imposing, post presence with a capable jumpsuit. Can pass out of double teams and turn over either shoulder. Can throw down but does most of his damage below the rim.

Karl Anthony Towns Jr - 7'2 legitimate 3 point range. Lives above the rim, can block shots and defend the passing lanes. High character,  but hasn't exactly dominated at the college level.

Note - Not trying to make this an Okafor vs Towns debate just think that plucking a 5 from Philly might be our best chance at attaining one.  The question is which one.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 10:28:13 PM by Smartacus »

Re: Which Philly Center would you be most interested in trading for?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 07:14:49 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Id take Noel over Embid.

Theres no chance Philly would send us either of the other two, but for the sake of arguement id take Towns over Okafor
Greg

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 07:17:44 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Noel. If Hinkie decides to trade Embiid it means that he knows Embiid's career is over.

Forget about Embiid. But Noel would be great.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
The best player is embiiid
But I didn't choose the Philly centres as we would have to trade away a lot of assets to get them

I chose towns only because he was the only 2 way centre left

I still think Okafor is a better prospect but towns has more promise and potential

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:30:19 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Noel is far and away the most realistic. If Philly drafts Okafor or Towns, I have to imagine they will look to be moving him. They just traded ROY MCW for an 'okay' package - they would probably look for at least the same return and we (of course) have the picks/assets to offer.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:53:14 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 08:42:06 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I think Noel is far and away the most realistic. If Philly drafts Okafor of Towns, I have to imagine they will look to be moving him. They just traded ROY MCW for an 'okay' package - they would probably look for at least the same return and we (of course) have the picks/assets to offer.

I agree, Noel is the guy and we have the assets.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
I think Noel is far and away the most realistic. If Philly drafts Okafor of Towns, I have to imagine they will look to be moving him. They just traded ROY MCW for an 'okay' package - they would probably look for at least the same return and we (of course) have the picks/assets to offer.

I agree, Noel is the guy and we have the assets.

And he is a Celtics fan  8)
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 08:03:38 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think Noel is far and away the most realistic. If Philly drafts Okafor or Towns, I have to imagine they will look to be moving him. They just traded ROY MCW for an 'okay' package - they would probably look for at least the same return and we (of course) have the picks/assets to offer.

An "okay" package? The Lakers' pick is one of the most coveted assets in the league.

Edit: that said, the Celtics certainly do have comparable assets with the unprotected Nets picks, but I just don't see it happening.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:20:54 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
The best player is embiiid
But I didn't choose the Philly centres as we would have to trade away a lot of assets to get them

I chose towns only because he was the only 2 way centre left

I still think Okafor is a better prospect but towns has more promise and potential

Actually in the scenario I'm sugessting we trade for a Philly 5. I included Okafor and Towns because they could technically choose to trade whoever they pick to us and keep Noel and Embiid.

In this scenario Okafor or Towns would still cost a boat load of assets.

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 10:09:58 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
I would say "None of the above," only because I think the bid-ask spread will be much too wide.  Philly seems happy to wait.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
as is, I would take Noel

Embiid has the better potential but his injuries scares the heck out of me. Back, and knee issues are not good combos for centers.

I rather take a healthy guy in Noel and not to mention, the local kid comes back home sounds good :)

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2015, 11:37:38 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd take Nerlens.

Jonasslopes is right, with that high of a ceiling, there's no way Embiid gets traded unless is a ridiculous offer or they know that he has injury scares.

Noel will be a very good defender at worst. I'll take him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Give them turner to get noel... just joking... sully and the clippers pick is enough

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
Give them turner to get noel... just joking... sully and the clippers pick is enough

Enough? No way.

I'd give them Sullinger, our 2015 pick, Mavericks pick and 2018 (not the 2016) Brooklyn pick.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2015, 05:26:20 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Enough? No way.

I'd give them Sullinger, our 2015 pick, Mavericks pick and 2018 (not the 2016) Brooklyn pick.
Why would they want Sully?  Besides not being the type of player the Sixers are interested in, he's also entering his contract year so it would cost a lot more for them to retain him.  I don't see them trading Noel unless they win the lottery and have a chance to take Towns.