Author Topic: turner stays or goes?  (Read 5079 times)

Re: turner stays or goes?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 11:00:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I like Turner, and I think he is really trying to turn his career around. Stevens has really helped him a lot since his arrival in Boston. With that said, I do not think he stays long, and I think he will be treated like Jordan Crawford with probably a better return.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 11:40:39 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
He stays (if he will only demand a reasonable contract from DA); He has evolved considerably from what he was in Philly and Indy; Brad trusts him, the players trust him;
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 12:19:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd like him to stay for a reasonable price. For some of the bad stuff he does, he does some equally good stuff as well. He's also a veteran presence and still young. And the dude has clutch gene on him.

It's good to have another capable ballhandler/facilitator on the team. Add to it that he can also play both wing positions. Especially if we keep IT. That way, we can have both guys play their positions but just switch roles and not lose anything.

But as long as it's on a solid price. Unless Evan Turner is going to ask for more than $6-8 million per year, I think we should keep him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 12:39:22 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
It's not hard to imagine a team where we have a star at the wing and perhaps at center or power forward, and ET is a important back up at all three small positions. Pretend you have Durant at sf and Love at pf. Zeller, Love, Durant, Bradley, Smart start. Turner is a nice player coming in as the 7th or 8th guy to defend and do multiple things reasonably well. I think that is the right way to complete this team. We have to keep many of these energy and solid, well rounded defenders but have to get a horse or two

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 02:22:31 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I don't think we should overvalue turner

I see turner only as a bench player
He would be a backup PG, SG or SF

Looking at his stats from college
Despite having plenty of time in both freshman and sophomore season he had pretty mediocre stats
Only his junior season did he breakout

From looking at a guys first year that they had enough playing time, you usually tell whether they are good prospect e.g. Despite milsap being a junior he had the same great stats all 3 years

if the opportunity arises that a team wants him for a pair of 2nd rounders, or a first rounder or a young player we should trade him

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:04 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Gone. He's just terrible.
Pointless contract by Ainge and he'll try and cash in on some second round picks this draft.
Send him to the Clippers or a playoff team that needs bench depth.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 07:59:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Depends on what he costs, he can take over a game one in a while but other games he can kill you.

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 08:05:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Head scratcher for sure .

He can seem worthless one moment  and then next moment is the hero.

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
remember where he has come from  and what he has done in a crazy season--this is a guy who ran out of gas in his red ferrai on the highway with a young lady in front seat,not much different than some of his passes-i still think its critical to have time with your players and to have some competent creativity in the lineup, Turner will benefit from the rest of season with isiah and become much bettter next year.

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Stay
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson