Author Topic: Magic (21-45) at Celtics (27-36) Game #64 3/13/15  (Read 56960 times)

Re: Magic (21-45) at Celtics (27-36) Game #64 3/13/15
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I actually watched today the loss against Orlando. Based on what I saw:
-Young will hardly take any playing time.
-Gigi and Bass had the games of their lifes so fingers crossed they do it again.
-It is one of the few teams against which we are dominant in the paint: I appreciate Dedmon, his hustle and shot blocking, but we have the numbers on our side to wear them down...
-Key reasons we lost: sloppy D and Orlando had an incredible offensive productivity in the last five minutes. Given that the defeat happened just a few days ago, we now play at TD and we have much more to win than they have to lose, I think we win despite IT's absence.
PS1: Dedmon apart the other Orlando player I respect is Oladipo. As for Elfrid, I say wait for a couple of years and we can get this guy for Pressey and a second rounder (and most ppl will complain we gave away too much lol)
PS2: IT has an incredible ability to draw fouls. It is on the verge of tricking the refs (shooting wild 3s as soon as he hears the whistle, collapsing in epic ways when bigs get contact with him, drawing contact that looks like a foul but is really in the grey zone. He is a master at getting to the free throw line!
PS3: Smart is the exact opposite: he is playing too honestly and his strong built is not helping. i) Should be very careful how he uses his left arm as he gets passed defenders, many refs will call this a foul. ii) He tries to generate contact the wrong way when shooting 3s. I am sure that training with IT will help him a lot in picking up a trick or two in this area  ;D

Your smoking that good pipe. I respect opinions...but saying that about Elfrid is ridiculous.
Sad to hear that from a fellow Greek.

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I actually watched today the loss against Orlando. Based on what I saw:
-Young will hardly take any playing time.
-Gigi and Bass had the games of their lifes so fingers crossed they do it again.
-It is one of the few teams against which we are dominant in the paint: I appreciate Dedmon, his hustle and shot blocking, but we have the numbers on our side to wear them down...
-Key reasons we lost: sloppy D and Orlando had an incredible offensive productivity in the last five minutes. Given that the defeat happened just a few days ago, we now play at TD and we have much more to win than they have to lose, I think we win despite IT's absence.
PS1: Dedmon apart the other Orlando player I respect is Oladipo. As for Elfrid, I say wait for a couple of years and we can get this guy for Pressey and a second rounder (and most ppl will complain we gave away too much lol)
PS2: IT has an incredible ability to draw fouls. It is on the verge of tricking the refs (shooting wild 3s as soon as he hears the whistle, collapsing in epic ways when bigs get contact with him, drawing contact that looks like a foul but is really in the grey zone. He is a master at getting to the free throw line!
PS3: Smart is the exact opposite: he is playing too honestly and his strong built is not helping. i) Should be very careful how he uses his left arm as he gets passed defenders, many refs will call this a foul. ii) He tries to generate contact the wrong way when shooting 3s. I am sure that training with IT will help him a lot in picking up a trick or two in this area  ;D

Your smoking that good pipe. I respect opinions...but saying that about Elfrid is ridiculous.
Sad to hear that from a fellow Greek.

Sure, that was a harsh thing to say, still IMHO
Phil> Elfrid
Just wait for a couple of years for Elfrid to mature.
He has the right attitude issues at the right NBA team at the right age 8)

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Elfrid over Pressey?

Is that where the game thread is heading at this point? Lol

*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
Elfrid over Pressey?

After he made that crazy 3point at the end of first quarter, I promised never to say a bad thing about Phil again... ::)
After all if Calathes is getting playing time with a contender, why shouldn't Phil get minutes when IT is injured?

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Elfrid over Pressey?

After he made that crazy 3point at the end of first quarter, I promised never to say a bad thing about Phil again... ::)
After all if Calathes is getting playing time with a contender, why shouldn't Phil get minutes when IT is injured?

I see no issue with Pressey playing right now, but he's a fringe NBA player who would have slim pickings if he was cut.

Payton is a guy with a load of potential (especially defensively). Every team in the league would trade a positive asset for him.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 07:05:08 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Elfrid over Pressey?

I see no issue with Pressey playing right now, but he's a fringe NBA player who would have slim pickings if he was cut.

Payton is a guy with a load of potential (especially defensively). Every team in the league would trade a positive asset for him.

Sounds like your talking about Smart on that last sentence.

Elfrid is a good defender, but where he will shine is his floor game. He is a very point guard, and get drive, finish, and dish. He just cant shoot.

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2015, 07:28:24 PM »

Offline J. Cole

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Kill them  >:(

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
wow kelly that was a really bass voice  ;D

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 07:35:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
LOL I can be as homer as they come but to say that about Peyton is ridiculous! The kid is a solid player who will only get better. I love Lil Press but come on man.  :o

Too bad I'm forced to watch the Orl feed. I don't care about them!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 07:39:09 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Elfrid over Pressey?

Elfrid is a good defender, but where he will shine is his floor game. He is a very point guard, and get drive, finish, and dish. He just cant shoot.

Yeah, he really did remind me A TON of Rondo the other night, for better or for worse.

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 07:39:45 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
LOL I can be as homer as they come but to say that about Peyton is ridiculous! The kid is a solid player who will only get better. I love Lil Press but come on man.  :o

Too bad I'm forced to watch the Orl feed. I don't care about them!!!

Why are you forced to watch Orlando's feed?

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 07:40:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Hopefully we run away with this game early and put it away before they can do what they did again last week.

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 07:40:39 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
Elfrid over Pressey?

Yeah, he really did remind me A TON of Rondo the other night, for better or for worse.

If he becomes ball dominant like Rondo , he is screwed.

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 07:41:21 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
This is one of those games where the confidence level is up, so they can either come out feeling good, or come out with a letdown.

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
Can we sub Turner out already?