Author Topic: Kevin Love trade  (Read 2546 times)

Kevin Love trade
« on: March 11, 2015, 01:16:53 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
For all that Love does all the Cavs are using him for is essential setting screens and hitting threes and by all accounts he is unhappy with this.

If the Cavs fell short this season, he could move on. He will be demanding a max contract and for someone being restricted as he is, its not really worthwhile giving him the max.

If the Celtics offered Sullinger (a Ohio native) and packaged him with Thomas and a few picks, do you thing the Cavs would do a sign and trade?

Thought?

Re: Kevin Love trade
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
The decision will be in LeBron's hands not Danny or Cavs GM....it's how things are done now in this League.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:32:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think Danny Ainge will go hard at Kevin Love this summer. Either directly or via trade.

But I think if Danny did pursue Kevin Love, he'd be reluctant to part with IT. Not because IT is some kind of sacred cow, but because IT is just the type of guy you want on a team that could make some noise in the playoffs.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:49:17 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I think Danny Ainge will go hard at Kevin Love this summer. Either directly or via trade.

But I think if Danny did pursue Kevin Love, he'd be reluctant to part with IT. Not because IT is some kind of sacred cow, but because IT is just the type of guy you want on a team that could make some noise in the playoffs.

Cavs big weakness is bench scoring and a back up point guard, IT would have to be part of the deal and it would be worth it to get Love.

As soon as you have a cornerstone player its much easier to attract free agents like Asik or Jordan

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:31 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Cavs big weakness is bench scoring and a back up point guard, IT would have to be part of the deal and it would be worth it to get Love.

As soon as you have a cornerstone player its much easier to attract free agents like Asik or Jordan

I get why the Cavs would want IT in theory. But the problem for them is that IT is redundant with Kyrie Irving's skillset. Kyrie plays what...35 minutes a game? Putting IT next to Kyrie would offer some help offensively, but with the rumors that IT was unhappy in Phoenix with a relegated role, I wonder if Cleveland wants that risk...orrrrrrrr....would they want a draft pick and leverage to parlay into a player that actually wants that role.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner