Author Topic: Could Danny Ainge pull these 3 things off this offseason?  (Read 10761 times)

Re: Could Danny Ainge pull these 3 things off this offseason?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2015, 12:05:04 AM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Do we have the draft pieces to get Demarcus Cousins?

No and especially not what you suggested..  By he way why have you started 5 threads on us trying to acquire Cousins?  I think we get it you want us to get Cousins

If it's a problem merge the threads together

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2015, 01:19:37 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
I think we should use as many draft picks in a trade to get Demarcus Cousin and we should sign Kawhi Leonard to a max contract(one that the Spurs couldn't match). This would put us in the best position to land Kevin Durant the following season. We'd have to move Kahwi to SG though.

I think we have enough future draft picks to entice the Kings for an offer this offseason. 

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25083137/report-kings-made-demarcus-cousins-available-at-trade-deadline?v=1&vc=1

I don't see how you sign Leonard to a deal the Spurs don't match. He's a max player and they'd match any offer.

And honestly there are a ton of teams that'd max him in a heartbeat so it's no just the Spurs you're competing with

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 02:34:38 AM »

Offline Celtics#18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think we should use as many draft picks in a trade to get Demarcus Cousin and we should sign Kawhi Leonard to a max contract(one that the Spurs couldn't match). This would put us in the best position to land Kevin Durant the following season. We'd have to move Kahwi to SG though.

I think we have enough future draft picks to entice the Kings for an offer this offseason. 

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25083137/report-kings-made-demarcus-cousins-available-at-trade-deadline?v=1&vc=1

I don't see how you sign Leonard to a deal the Spurs don't match. He's a max player and they'd match any offer.

And honestly there are a ton of teams that'd max him in a heartbeat so it's no just the Spurs you're competing with

I don't think the Spurs want to give Leonard a max contract.

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 03:39:11 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Spurs would match in a heartbeat. The best UFAs are going to be nearly impossible to sign away from their teams the year before the salary cap jumps $25M. You think the Spurs are letting their most valuable asset walk? Not a chance.

Draymond Green is the interesting one, because he's unrestricted, he plays defense, we can sign him outright with our cap room, and his team is already way over the cap flirting with the luxury tax. Sign Green, let Wallace expire, draft wisely, and we could be going into The Summer of 2016 with a solid playoff team centered around Smart, Bradley, Thomas, D Green, Olynyk, Young, our draft picks, Zeller, and Sully with $50M to spend. Yes, $50M.

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 05:54:57 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The likelyhood that Piierce comes back is more plausible than your three proposals.

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
God, if we finally get Max money and blow it on Kevin Love I'm going to lose my sh1t.

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Danny Ainge is shooting for proverbial fences this offseason 

Could Danny Ainge pull these three things off this offseason? 

1)Trade for Demarcus Cousins (possibly using draft picks and Sully) Bleacher Report and ESPN say Sac town is open to trading him

2) Sign Kevin Love or Greg Monroe

3) Sign Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy Butler
yet another new thread about topics beaten into the ground? 

only possibility is Monroe and even then, it would depend on who Danny can get in the draft.  if he gets WCS, I don't see him making an effort for Monroe unless he's planning to move Sully for someone else to fill the whole at SF.

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 08:29:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Do we have the draft pieces to get Demarcus Cousins?

No and especially not what you suggested..  By he way why have you started 5 threads on us trying to acquire Cousins?  I think we get it you want us to get Cousins

If it's a problem merge the threads together
the appropriate move would be for you to add comments to an existing thread rather than continue to create new ones.  less clutter in the forums and to be honest, you're starting threads with generic statements/questions that aren't adding anything to what was discussed in all the other existing threads on the same topics. 
not telling you not to add comments or ask questions but without anything new to offer, why create another thread on it rather than just jump into one that's been started? 

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 08:57:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Spurs would match in a heartbeat. The best UFAs are going to be nearly impossible to sign away from their teams the year before the salary cap jumps $25M. You think the Spurs are letting their most valuable asset walk? Not a chance.

Draymond Green is the interesting one, because he's unrestricted, he plays defense, we can sign him outright with our cap room, and his team is already way over the cap flirting with the luxury tax. Sign Green, let Wallace expire, draft wisely, and we could be going into The Summer of 2016 with a solid playoff team centered around Smart, Bradley, Thomas, D Green, Olynyk, Young, our draft picks, Zeller, and Sully with $50M to spend. Yes, $50M.

I'm not sure I follow:

Smart - 3.6 mil
Bradley - 8.3 mil
Thomas - 7 mil
D Green - 15 mil (hypothetical)
Olynyk - 3 mil (assuming they pick up the team option)
Young - 1.8 mil (assuming they pick up the team option)
Zeller - 8 mil (Will need a new contract in 2016, if Bradley can get 8 a year I'll shoot high for the big man and say he'll get around 8ish)
Sully - 10 mil (same as above)
Draft pick 1 - 2 (rough estimate)
Draft pick 2 - 1.5 (same)
2nd rounder - .5
2nd rounder - .5
Draft pick 3 - 2 (same)
Draft pick 4 - 1.5
2nd rounder - .5
2nd rounder - .5

That right there is about 66 million in $ owed. I know the cap going to jump but I don't see us having 50$ million to spend when 60+ is already taking into account. I also feel like this is a low ball number since we have our trade exceptions to use to land a big fish, will most likely package draft picks for players and will probably also sign an MLE type free agent or two over the next couple summers.

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

I don't think the Spurs want to give Leonard a max contract.

Based on???

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
1) He's got the assets to acquire Cousins via trade, but I don't think Sacramento trades him

2) Yes, both Love and Monroe are options.  I think Ainge will target Love if he becomes available.  In regards to Monroe, I think Ainge targets Asik ahead of Monroe (based on the fit for his club).

3) No chance. Leonard signs back with the Spurs, and Butler signs back with the Bulls.  Ainge will make the call on both though, just like he did with IT4.